AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Could this be from Jesus himself?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2007 :  11:52:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogibear,

This is in reply to your post here:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....page=3#23003
I found many interesting observations in your post.

I started this here in case there may be other replies so this should go under "Other systems".

Since you write so much about Jesus, I thought you may be interested in reading this. It can of course not be verified in any objective way if it's authentic or not:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS...entity3.html

Some questions that came up in my mind:

1. Could Jesus have a reason to speak to people in this age?

2. Could it be possible to use a messenger like he is stating?

3. Regardless of the actual source, does the message seem similar to the way Jesus himself could have spoken?

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  02:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another interesting link concerning Jesus:

http://www.jeshua.net/who_is_jeshua.htm

Makes me wonder about the people who channel the information.
And would those two different channels agree with each other ?
Or would they agree that both are channelling the real Jesus ?
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2007 :  1:44:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Weaver, Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks very much for the links. I will check them out.

yb
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  12:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A Course in Miracles.

Rounding out the list a little, with a link to a *cough* little missive, from a time when Jesus was apparently feeling a bit ... chatty. Or verbose. Or staggeringly insightful. Or some such.

"I dunno about the Jesus part.

The potentially life-altering part, I can attest to personally.

(Eckhart Tolle, enlightened author of The Power of Now, calls A Course in Miracles, "The one chanelled work that I love". He goes on to say, "It meets the ego where it is comfortable, in this midst of all those words and ideas ... and leads it gently by the hand, out into the Silence, into the Now."*)

*Close paraphrase from The Flowering of Human Consciousness video series.

To give you an idea of what to expect (verbiage from ACIM web site) ...

What exactly, then, is A Course in Miracles? The summary introduction, which appears in its Text, is quite succinct and brief. It reads:

"This is a course in miracles. It is a required course. Only the time you take it is voluntary. Free will does not mean that you can establish the curriculum. It means only that you can elect what you want to take at a given time. The course does not aim at teaching the meaning of love, for that is beyond what can be taught. It does aim, however, at removing the blocks to the awareness of love's presence, which is your natural inheritance. The opposite of love is fear, but what is all-encompassing can have no opposite.

This course can therefore be summed up very simply in this way:

Nothing real can be threatened.
Nothing unreal exists.

Herein lies the peace of God
."

For anyone who is mystified concerning how yoga can lead us to a place of unshakeable peace, and a simple, happy contentment and ever-renewing love so priceless that all the world's wealth and pleasures are laughably paltry in comparison, please see bold text above.

The truth of that statement is available to each of us, in experience.

Daily practice is the key; a sincerely open heart is the gateway.

This ever-arising moment is the reward.

Peace & Namaste,

Kirtanman

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 16 2007 12:38:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  08:29:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi you guys,

Weaver, I read some of realjesus and liked it. It was uplifting. I didn’t get to the Jeshua site yet, Wolfgang, but I intend to.

Questions one and two my answer is yes it is possible. Good question and I don’t have an answer to number three.

You’re right Kirtanman, Jesus has become one “chatty” dude. I agree with you, that while these people may not be channeling Jesus, there is a ton of good in what they are writing.

It makes me laugh when I think that Jesus has his own website now. Sounds like he has three, actually. Maybe more. Juxtaposing that with my concept of the wandering ascetic of the new testament, it gets my funny bone. Things sure have changed.

I didn’t know that the Course was channeled Jesus as well.

I sometimes wonder, tho, if it isn’t all just one part bible, two parts new age philosophy and three parts imagination.

But then again, maybe it is him. And it is good. Whatever the case,

“You aren’t buying the candy bar for the wrapper.” Swami Chocolatananda

Kirtanman, I read that you experience Samadhi daily. I can’t even say that I experience it even occasionally(unfortunately ). But I was wondering what your experience of consciousness in daily life is like. Are you locked into the now 24/7? Overwhelmed by presence? Drowning in it? When you are in Samadhi, what is it like? How long (clock time) are you in Samadhi for?

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  09:29:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My first instinct was toward a jaundiced, wry reply. But, shoot, I'm actually delighted that people are finally trying to BE (or channel...or whatever) Jesus rather than just dryly worship the dude, per untold centuries. That's an improvement, even if they don't always get it right. I hope Jesus opens tons more web sites, and brace myself for Angry Jesus, Racist Jesus, Monetary Policy Jesus, etc. So far, these sites seem to be in the right spirit and direction. So, in that sense, sure, it IS Jesus.

Kirtanman, Course in Miracles is indeed a wonderful thing, thanks for coughing up some of the lovelier nuggets.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  11:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Could be what Jung and Grof call the Archetype of Jesus in the implicate order, same as every other religious icon that is experienced via entheogenic or spiritualistic "trips". They can't ALL be right!!!

Or can they...
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2007 :  11:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I found many inspiring articles on www.askrealjesus.com,
but this one got me questioning:

http://www.askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS...rbation.html

quote:
"When there is no masculine/feminine polarity, there is no possibility that the energies released can be qualified with a higher vibration. In other words, masturbation will always misqualify energy."

Seems to me a bit too strict ...

I liked this one a lot more:
Sexuality and spirituality:
http://www.jeshua.net/healing/healing7.htm

Please comment on these !
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2007 :  04:06:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No matter how we characterize it, there is definitely some higher vibration energy flowing through the population. People definitely seem to be taking their cue from more encompassing perspectives.

I find it very interesting.

Edited by - Kyman on Jun 17 2007 06:10:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2007 :  01:32:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogibear

I sometimes wonder, tho, if it isn’t all just one part bible, two parts new age philosophy and three parts imagination.

I love it!

That sounds about right.

I'd say the consensus (e.g. Tolle's support of A Course in Miracles) is that it's about the content, not the alleged authorship.

As In: Tolle made no reference as to whether "Jesus" dictated ACIM, and I would strongly guess that he doesn't much care. Neither do I; the content of ACIM certainly stands on its own merit.

So why then, did Helen Schucman report that Jesus dictated ACIM to her? Based on my somewhat in-depth historical experience with "The Course", I'd say this was simply her honest perception.

How that ties in with "actuality", and/or with any opinions, real or imagined, of the person some people think of as "the historical Jesus" (real or imagined) ... is anyone's guess.

My personal guess, and it is just a guess, is that there are certain deep-seated spiritual archetypes within each of us, and while they are genuine facets of our own deepest consciousness (and genuinely transpersonal, or meta-personal, per various schools of thought, including the work of C.G. Jung), they can and do manifest within us, according to culture.

For instance, if Helen Schuchman had been Indian, Jesus might have been Krishna, or Ma Parvati, rather than Jesus. Likewise, when Sri Panini received the content of his famous Sanskrit Grammar (the literal foundation of the entire science of linguistics), he received it from Lord Shiva, as opposed to say, Jesus Christ or Bugs Bunny.

This doesn't make these experience any less authentic, in my opinion - just different than conventional rationality would guide us to perceive.

Yet, I don't claim to be free of cultural / egoic perspective, either; to be blunt, I feel as though people play a bit "fast and easy" with the Jesus-stuff (or "pick your deity or enlightened alien"-stuff), though (literally) far be it from my ego, to consider itself to be in a place to really judge this. We could be hip-deep in enlightened aliens for all I know, and part of my mind is still too identified with my ego to see this.

Again, I come back to: does the content stand on its own merit?

If so, Jesus or no Jesus, I'll see if it feels beneficial, and if so, check it out.

Doing this with ACIM (A Course in Miracles) was one of the more powerful "legs up" I ever received, spiritually.

Pretty much none of the other purported Jesus-stuff, including that really famous one ... starts with a B .... does much for me, quite honestly. ACIM is quite literally in a league by itself.

(It's almost like an "Emperor has no clothes" thing; no one wants to "speak ill" of the Bible. I'm actually not; I'm just being candid that I've gotten a good thousand times the spiritual benefit from ACIM than I ever got from the Bible, and not for lack of trying.)

quote:

Kirtanman, I read that you experience Samadhi daily. I can’t even say that I experience it even occasionally(unfortunately ).

I wanted to answer this in detail, but thought we might all benefit by my starting a new thread where more people would probably see it, and others who have / do experience Samadhi could comment, so I started a new thread under Enlightenment Milestons.

quote:
But I was wondering what your experience of consciousness in daily life is like. Are you locked into the now 24/7?

Not 24/7, not 100%, but probably at least 75% more so than I was even a few months back. Guessing, here ... here, now 90%-95% of the time, now. It's rare for non-presence to "grab" me for more than a few seconds at a time, without my at least being aware of it, and realizing that I'm not the attendant thoughts and emotions.

This is quite literally a sea-change.

The most mild, even-keel and "rational" way I know to state my experience is:

The entire internal landscape has changed; the entire experience of life has changed.

Disruption of peace is the very, very infrequent exception, rather than the way of life. I've recently had an hours-long sinus headache, and a foray with major travel-delays including lost luggage, which contained my car keys ... and I won't say that my peace was affected only a little ...... it was actually affected ... not at all.

I couldn't even muster up a preference for things to be different; literally: could not.

Try to imagine how pleasant that would actually be.

The actual experience is a lot more pleasant than that.

With the headache, there was an indirect aspect (communication with others) with affected my peace a little, but that was very short-lived, and most important of all: I saw it for what it was (ego's attempt to identify) the entire time it was happening.

quote:

Overwhelmed by presence? Drowning in it?

More like kicking back in a warm bath, with my Beloved in my arms.

Not overwhelmed; not underwhelmed.

Just happily, garden-variety "whelmed".

As Adyashanti says about awareness of Presence, "It's not a special awareness, it's not a holy awareness; it's regular old 'awareness-awareness'"

It's both more life-changing and a lot less jaw-dropping, than most of us are led to expect.

It's very much a sense of, "Ohhhhh! That *other* way; all those crazy thoughts and stories and drama and confusion - that was the dream; this is just regular ol' infinitely glorious reality."

I've often heard Adya talking with people who have recently awakened, and they always say, "It's not what I was expecting", and Adya just laughs and says, "No, it's not, is it?"

I get it now; it's just life as it is; infinitely more wonderful, and infinitely more enjoyable and normal, that we can (literally) ever dream possible.

quote:

When you are in Samadhi, what is it like?

Please check out other thread, titled Samadhi, for discussion (and thanks for being the impetus for its creation; good questions, and I'm honored you asked.

The main determining factors of Samadhi are: a peace that is difficult to disrupt; a vast peace which extends infinitely and eternally; any sense of border or limitation falls away. Blissful stillness. I usually maintain some sense of self (i.e. I *could* come up with my name, after I had agreed I have one, and had a few minutes to de-bliss a bit, to mull it over.) I'm aware I have a body, but attention is drawn away from it, into the head, where the subjective experience is one of light, space, and bliss.

quote:

How long (clock time) are you in Samadhi for?

Most days, probably right around 20 mins. per session, so twice that, daily. Some days I'll go a little longer.

I have lost clock time in higher samadhi ... where an hour seems like five minutes; time-awareness is tied to body-awareness, so when it goes ... time-sense goes with it.

Hope that helps; please check out the Samadhi thread.

Aum Hridayam,

Kirtanman

Moderator note: Kirtanman's samadhi topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2687

Edited by - Kirtanman on Jun 21 2007 12:28:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  08:45:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks very much Kirtanman, it does and I will. yb
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  8:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am very interested to know what yogani thinks of realjesus if he has read it. I read some of it and so far I have very mixed feelings. Part is due to a fear of Jesus from the horror of modern Christianity. Another is that realjesus seems to have a more strict and somewhat "absolutist" view of the purpose of life which scares me a bit. But at the same time it is extremely inspiring and although I am skpetical that it is really Jesus - the ability for the articles to explain every successive nuance and question is incredible. It seems that there are no gaps - everything is explained although I feel a resistance to this explanation...which in turn is explained!
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2008 :  10:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, Anthony, I know you asked yogani, but I'll chime in too. I went over to that site and read through the writings of this person claiming to be Jesus.

One of the questions answered by this person is based off of partial scripture. So, I decided to include the entire scripture to put this within proper context:

quote:
Mark: 16 1-8: When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus' body. Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?" But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed. "Don't be alarmed," he said. "You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid him. But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.'" Trembling and bewildered, the women went out and fled from the tomb. They said nothing to anyone, because they were afraid.

This is from his site that follows the above scripture:

quote:
Mark 16:9. ¶ Now when [Jesus] was risen early the first [day] of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
10 [And] she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
11 And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

This is the person's (calling himself Jesus) explanation why Christ first appeared to Mary Magdalene:

quote:
"I appeared first to Mary Magdalene because she was the person who was closest to me. When someone dies, you normally inform the next of kin who is closest to the deceased person before anyone else. When you have died and gone through the resurrection, you want to inform the person who is closest to you before anyone else."

http://www.askrealjesus.com/K_JESUS...susmain.html

The above answer is spoken from the ego perspecitve. In other words, Mary wasn't Mary, but was a representation or aspect of all people collectively. Christ did everything with universal purpose, since He had no ego and he wasn't simply wanting to show himself to Mary as next of kin. Here is where Christ also fulfilled the scripture in Genesis of rolling away the stone to water the sheep (I bolded both) showing that He was enacting the path of Turiya or the Fourth State. So you can compare the scripure above with this one in Genesis. Check out also John 4: 4-26, 11:33-44(same principles noted):

quote:
Genesis 29:1-8
Then Jacob continued on his journey and came to the land of the eastern peoples. There he saw a well in the field, with three flocks of sheep lying near it because the flocks were watered from that well. The stone over the mouth of the well was large. When all the flocks were gathered there, the shepherds would roll the stone away from the well's mouth and water the sheep. Then they would return the stone to its place over the mouth of the well. Jacob asked the shepherds, "My brothers, where are you from?" "We're from Haran," they replied. He said to them, "Do you know Laban, Nahor's grandson?" "Yes, we know him," they answered. Then Jacob asked them, "Is he well?" "Yes, he is," they said, "and here comes his daughter Rachel with the sheep." "Look," he said, "the sun is still high; it is not time for the flocks to be gathered. Water the sheep and take them back to pasture." "We can't," they replied, "until all the flocks are gathered and the stone has been rolled away from the mouth of the well. Then we will water the sheep.

Anyway, make your own assesment (last edit) LOL:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Mar 18 2008 11:47:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2008 :  3:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574

I am very interested to know what yogani thinks of realjesus if he has read it. I read some of it and so far I have very mixed feelings. Part is due to a fear of Jesus from the horror of modern Christianity. Another is that realjesus seems to have a more strict and somewhat "absolutist" view of the purpose of life which scares me a bit. But at the same time it is extremely inspiring and although I am skpetical that it is really Jesus - the ability for the articles to explain every successive nuance and question is incredible. It seems that there are no gaps - everything is explained although I feel a resistance to this explanation...which in turn is explained!

Hi Anthony:

I don't think it matters whether this is real Jesus or not. What matters is whether we are clearing our own inner obstructions to open our vision. If studying something or listening to someone helps with that, then it is good. If it does not, and only stirs up doubt and fear, then let that part go. It is the same with any teacher. We will not find our salvation (or demise) in any outside source. We will find it within ourselves. Outside sources can help us open our inside source, as long as we don't let those same outside sources distract us. That is the trick.

See this lesson for a few pointers: http://www.aypsite.org/260.html

Always remember that the color we are seeing is the color we are creating ourselves. What kind of glasses are we wearing? To inquire about this is a good idea, especially if we are being upset too often. Our discomfort is a call to action in a new direction. Maybe time to think about getting a new pair of glasses?

Is all this darkness we are seeing really true, or only our coloring of things? What would it be like if we turned it around inside, switching the color from dark to light? What would it be like to develop the ability to do that on an ongoing basis? Is that the ideal we have? If not, what is our ideal for how we will live our life?

Ultimately, it cannot work if we continually put our ideal in the hands of others. We will be blown about like a leaf on the wind. The solution is to take a stand on what it is we want for ourselves, and steadily move in that direction, regardless of distractions. If Jesus in blazing glory comes to us in deep meditation, what do we do? Easily come back to the mantra ... like that. He will also be there later on for a friendly chat when we have finished with our practice.

It might help to take a look at Byron Katie's "Loving What Is." The AYP Self-Inquiry book can be a useful companion to it. Then the importance of daily deep meditation will become clear in relation to our inquiry into our perceptions (coloring) of the world. The doubt and fear can be penetrated more quickly that way and, in time, be replaced with a radiant inner stillness that knows no doubt or fear. This condition cannot be manipulated by any outside force, because it is beyond all that. It is our Self.

So it is logical to favor our inner development over outer influences, yes? Take what helps, and leave the rest behind. That goes for everything you read here too. It is your path and you are in charge.

Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000