AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Companions...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - May 31 2007 :  1:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been confused a long time over my reluctance to choose one path, to decide to follow yoga or qi gong. It has become even more complicated since I have found myself resonate also with other teachings and are lead to numerous encounters with all different kinds of sects, churches, and spiritual groups from different traditions. Lately, this confusing situation has become more reasonable and clear to me.

I have heard from two "seeing" persons that I have a whole bunch of guides with me calling themselves "The teachers", some kind of higher beings, masters, angels - I do not know their labels. That feels very natural and true to hear. I have felt it intuitively a long time. From the beginning of my path, I have gotten regular lessons sometimes during night. That can be very tiresome sometimes, but it has also made me grasp things very quickly. When I meditate they sometimes come in a cavalcade and greet me and I believe I may be able to identify some of them as people who have been living as humans that came far on their paths.

Currently, after I have gotten their existens confirmed and they have approached me "openly" I have even started to feel the difference in energy when each of them are present. They are all from different cultures. I am drawn to different traditions with very intelligent timing - I meet persons or are lead to books etc that show me exactly what I need to know to get things in a clearer perspective. It shows me more and more of similarities between systems and my research mind is getting delicate amusement served. I get more and more interested in the philosophia perennis (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perennial_philosophy) I resonate with many traditions and feel at home in everyone of them. I do not yet understand the reason for their existence in my life, but I guess it will be revealed in time. For now, I just relax and feel very, very safe and well taken care of. They truly hear my prayers and come at rescue when I need. (Unless I am about to learn a very important lesson - then they are suddenly very absent. )

I know this is written from a very strong ego perspective (separateness and a strong "I" versus "them"), and I do not understand how this is to be understood from a non-dual point of view (not even after reading Yoganis introduction to this forum. By the way a very excellent introduction!). I just don't dwell on that, although it would be nice to see some interpretations from more experienced persons. Right now they are present in my life and I enjoy and am extremely grateful.

If anyone has any similar experiences or has any thoughts about this experience it would be nice to hear about it (I am thinking mainly that Christi might have something to add here). I am open also to answers saying "It's all in your mind". That wouldn't surprise me at all!

Edited by - emc on May 31 2007 1:55:29 PM

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2007 :  1:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely touches a lot of strings in me.

However, looks like I am not as far as you, I can't identify
those "guides" clearly. It's difficult to put in words ...
Go to Top of Page

TVD

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  11:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit TVD's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc
I've also met a couple of companions. I get those lessons at night too, not very often though. Sometimes I don't understand what they're trying to say or I miss something as I'm not very quick on the uptake which tends to cause a lot of problems for me. When I do learn something though it is aways something universal and it eases the anxiety I feel.

I noticed that they tend not to say much when I'm learning something too. For a while I just plain hated them for that because of all the problems I've had with deeksha and the Oneness Movement. I've also noticed that they don't tell me what I need to do but help me do things I want to do.

They guide me to teachings and other resources at certain times too, when I'm ready for them. However I don't always listen to them, mostly because I'm lazy.

Edited by - TVD on Dec 09 2008 2:47:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  12:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello emc and TVD,

don't want to be a party basher but i think it's best if you stay on the watch concerning dealing with spiritual entities...

and hope this post wont turn out into another pandora box. (cz some people do believe in this stuff and others don't, and what you give in to this stuff lets it be more than anything else)

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  12:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dearest emc,

It's all in your mind!

With LOVE
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2008 :  12:39:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seriously though...

While I haven't been "visited" in my dreams by higher beings, I can relate to being pulled in different directions by various philosophies, teachers, etc. I can find fragments of Truth that resonate with me in Buddhism, Christianity, Gnosticism, Taoism, etc.

Some of the most beautiful messages I've gotten came not from scriptures, but from product advertisements at the mall (not joking ).

But now I see each tradition the way I see a king's advisers. His military adviser, economic adviser, etc. would all look at the same situation through their own lens and relate what they see. Instead of saying "I only listen to my military adviser in all matters", the wise king would listen to everyone, take what Truth each one has, then use that to inform his decisions.

So instead of saying "I'm XYZ and I listen to such and such teacher", I try to read a spectrum of scriptures and realize Truth for myself.

I hope that's not too off topic

PEACE
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  11:01:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
oh by the way to pint out smthg dear emc, by my own opinion and out of personal experience this stuff does exist.

but you know as well as i do, it's scenery as all life is.

there is just That ;)

namaste,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  2:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, I've gone\am going through a very similar thing emc. I know different psychic abilities can help mostly really loving people tug you along in certain directions. Think of it as like gently planting a seed of thought or of love or something of the sort.

I'm actually going through a pretty intensive "healer process" at the moment where some really kind healers are helping me clear out my energy a bit better, especially towards my hands, to help make intent a bit more powerful and share the good vibes :).

I could say "they're always with me". We can always communicate, even with just plain and simple intention (I don't want to get too much into this, I think it could scare some, but consider it a "spiritual milestone" that I think everyone will reach one day. It can make for really fun creative "discussions" too. Was basically sharing imaginations with one of the persons helping me out. We'd just listen to music and each add to each others imagination. She was like hella more creative than me, I could definetly see the artistic imagination... and my lame little additions here and there haha. I reckon communication will really change one day, might become more of a psychic thing).

I know those helping me, have been endowed with halo's, I reckon it's part of it. Sort of like a gift to help for sharing good intentions for really good people :). They've been sharing a LOT of energy too. Keeping my energy up almost all the time. I actually had a kundalini awakening last night in big part thanks to them :).

They're... people though, I wouldn't ever call anyone a "spiritual entitity", even if they visit you in a sort of soul form. There's always a person behind them.

My only problem "k, you won't give me a name... do I call you she or he?" hehe.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  5:00:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

Funny that this thread would be awakened now... It's more than 1,5 years ago since I wrote the post and a lot of water has flown under the bridge since then!

TVD and Divineis, I wrote it after having read Yogani's introduction to this forum - I'd recommend you to read it if you haven't! I noticed that most topics in the forum were about outer gurus and I wanted to write about my inner teachers. I found it to be the appropriate place, particularly after having read this part of Yogani in the introduction:

quote:
"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

This is not a figure of speech. It is the literal truth. The teacher comes when we are ready. The truth is that all teachers, gurus and spiritual guides are but mirrors of our own inner light.

And where does our inner light come from? From nowhere but our own desire. The phenomenon of the guru is an inner dynamic before it can be an outer one. With the inner fire of longing, we are sure to find an outer teacher or guru. The angels and all the ascended masters will come running to help us if we are longing intensely for God. It is bhakti that brings the guru to us, and us to the guru.

Today, two Bernie Prior retreats later, my view is quite different, and "The Teacher group" has not been seen ever since... The One and only inner guru is dominating the picture! As you say, Ananda, it's all scenery , and lovely such, because without those guides along the path we would not be as encouraged to continue, I think!

Cosmic, yes, ads can be very enlightened! I've also gotten many great messages on the tube, watching the commercials. God is everywhere!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000