Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Silence is a language
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  08:41:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All

I have just come down from four days in the mountains.....
Watching the Liverleaf.....closing ....resting....bowing....when darkness comes in the evening.

Opening to the sun in the morning.

The flower teaches me much. I used to think that it was stretching towards the sky....that this was the "action" of the flower. But.....being with it; it is obvious that all it "does" is open. It opens wide (attracted to the sun)......so that the light can nourish it. The result of this, is growth......the stretching. Beauty. It happens by itself.

It is also evident that the resting – the closing – the bowing, is just as essential to the life of the flower as the opening.

All this happens in silence.

Not one word is uttered by the light to the flower. And yet......everything the flower needs, is communicated from the light.

The flower communicated with me. Beauty, strength, vulnerability, preciousness. All this – and not one word spoken.

Silence is a language.

In its purity, everything can flow.

I realize that this is the potential within me. To be so open, that no words are needed.

The growth is presence, and the beauty is love.

I thank the Liverleaf for being so clear!
If I can hear what is not said, and a wild flower can be my teacher, then the silence within me is already transforming the suffering.

It is such a relief......
To know that I do not have to speak.

And yet still do the work needed.

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  10:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very beautiful Katrine!

thank you for sharing this.

A
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  11:52:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good one, Katrine! I was recently at an art opening for a Buddhist art exhibit, and there was a huge black & white photograph of a cocoon. The cocoon was about 7' tall, and the artist captured every nuance - it was fascinating. It brought tears to my eyes, and I had a hard time putting it into words, but I think you said it well - it was such a relief. Just surrender to the process, like a cocoon or a flower. Just let it happen to you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000