Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 2 More I AM questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  12:03:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have two questions regarding Deep Meditation.

1.) I have been doing DM for about a week and a half. At first I thought I was feeling some intense relaxation and dissociation as a result. Now it seems the effects are dying down and I feel I am not as deep into it, and sometimes it even seems boring! Is this a normal phase to go through and is it truly still effective even if I'm not FEELING the mantra?

2.) What is the rule regarding consistency of the mantra? Sometimes when I find my mind is wandering I will repeat it at a quicker pace, maybe every 3-4 seconds at a conversational speed. Other times I will say it with longer breaks in between and I notice something strange happens sometimes. I feel like it's "difficult" somehow to go from I to AM. I will just want to hang on IIIIIIII and it seems like the sonic jump to AM is hard. Sometimes when I force myself past this into AM I will fall forward.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  2:02:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi anthony

quote:
Now it seems the effects are dying down and I feel I am not as deep into it, and sometimes it even seems boring! Is this a normal phase to go through and is it truly still effective even if I'm not FEELING the mantra?

Absolutely. Nothing is wrong, anthony. Remember; deep meditation is for cultivating inner silence.....the mind may find this boring. But it just has to get used the "not much happening", doesn't it? As for feeling the mantra - don't fuss about it. Don't think to much about it. Just do it - feeling anything or not - just come back to the mantra.

quote:
What is the rule regarding consistency of the mantra?

No particular rules; other than consistantly coming back to the mantra when you notice you are "off it" (that is when your mind is engaged elsewhere - as in wondering/thinking about whether you are "doing it correctly"). The pace will vary.

quote:
Sometimes when I force myself past this into AM I will fall forward

No need to force anything. You don't need to pause bewteen i and am. Just....quietly....fuzzingly....say "iam". It is one sound....even though it has two syllables. So.....I guess what I am trying to say is: Instead of stating "I AM"......simply say "iam"......"iam"...."iam"

All the best!
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2007 :  2:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Katrine, I noticed it to be more effective if i blended I and AM together...but even so, the string of syllables and sounds seems to get stuck on IIIIIII sometimes. I find this to be vry strange, like my mind just wants to stay on that vibration. I bet Yogani would say to just let it go. He said in his interview on DM to let the mind and nervous system REFINE the mantra to it's needs.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000