Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 itching
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  09:30:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm experiencing a lot of itching and am wondering if it might be a kundalini symptom, or if I have something else going on. I've searched the AYP lessons online for help, didn't find anything, and I don't have my book with me to check the index. Has anyone else experienced this? It's an all-over, light itching, which doesn't go away when I scratch. Located particularly on my back. No heat involved, and no rash or redness.

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  09:42:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg
Sounds familiar to me. I attribute my experience of the "itchy bugs" to energy. It comes and goes in my experience.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2007 :  09:50:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi meg

Sounds like kundalini to me, have a look at this lesson Kundalini symptoms, imbalances, and remedies:

I have experienced loads of stuff like this and it has always been Kundalini symptoms so bear with it and if it bothers you too much..maybe cut back a bit on practices.

I always think of these things as a sign that things are working so I welcome them.

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Feb 19 2007 09:52:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2007 :  07:10:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,
I used to get this a lot, especially when I was doing a lot of meditation. It was actually quite embarrasing for a time. I found that scrubbing my body all over in the shower twice a day really helped. I believe that our bodies respond to the increase in energy by trying to detoxify themselves. And the most direct way for the toxins to go is out of the skin, hence the itching.
If it is this, then eating less toxic food could help. Avoid coffee, caffinated tea, alcohol, fried foods, meat etc.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2007 :  4:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not that you haven't considered this, but an allergic reaction is another possibility:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  8:00:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's been extremely dry in the northeast...I've been having a lot of trouble with dry itchy skin. So it may be as simple a thing as that. Try moisturizer.

Or it may be kundalini symptoms. If moisturizer doesn't work, it's probably that. If it doesn't go away pretty quick, treat it as mild overdoing

BUT! Be on the lookout for rashes, especially in armpits and just below the sacrum and...what's the polite term...ass crack. I mean, literally look in the mirror every day. If you do get such a rash, it's overdoing. Back off your practice a bit, and read up on diets for reducing pitta.

BTW, if you eat a lot of hot/spicy food, cutting that alone can fix a pitta overload.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  9:28:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'll definitely check the armpits, AC and scrotum. I always use lots of lotion, so it's not dryness of skin. I think an allergic reaction would be accompanied by redness, and would be much worse than what I've got. No rash or redness, just an all-over i-t-c-h. Thanks for your suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2007 :  9:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you feel better, meg:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  03:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Meg,
quote:
I'll definitely check the armpits, AC and scrotum.

I assume you mean sacrum? Scrotum is something else that only men are blessed with. You can edit your post using the edit tool if you want to...
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  06:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Laugh of the day!

The armpits have been my trouble! What a great indicator of overdoing it is! Luckily it is not a visible place. And AHA! The AC! I had problems with itching, eczema, there right before I "woke up" and was introduced to the spiritual path! Now I understand what that was! Thanks for the info!
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  08:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Hi Meg,
I assume you mean sacrum? Scrotum is something else that only men are blessed with. You can edit your post using the edit tool if you want to...

I'll leave it. I should've used a smiley face. But I think your suggestion might be key - I think my body is trying to purify, and doesn't react well when I put something in it that's toxic. Like sugar, alcohol, heavy foods. A few nights ago I had a slice of pizza and a beer, and regretted it almost immediately. I'm considering a full-on juice cleanse, as that's what my body seems to be telling me it wants. Anyone have any suggestions for a cleanse? I know the subject has been around on the forum, so I'll dig around. But if anyone has had success with a particular cleanse...?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2007 :  11:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Meg- LOL. My labia majora are aching from laughing. And if you're lotioning up, yes, it's probably K. I'd definitely treat it as overdoing, though not drastic. If you get one more clunky result (rash or otherwise), I'd give the overdoing question lots of attention. Oh, and I'd urge you to consider it's not an issue of food impurity so much as pitta producing foods. Alcohol is another big culprit after spicy food. Yogani has a link to pitta diet info, and I think there's a lesson on it. Try putting attention on pitta (which often goes out of balance when you've got K going). And I'd avoid anything real extreme at this stage, e.g. a "cleanse". Keep everything real moderate, Ivory Soap, no extremes. Think of how Yogani talks/writes. Just my two cents, of course. Take what's helpful....

emc--Yes, the rash is a wonderful bellwether of overdoing and energy overload. But let me repeat a warning that Yogani gave me (and which I later read in several places in the lessons): this rash can spread if energy gets out of control. To your whole body. And a nice round or three of prednisone injections plus several months off all practices would not be a good thing. Watch it carefully, self-pace very carefully. And you might want to buy some Nizoral dandruff shampoo to apply in the shower. Some people report very good success with it.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  2:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim, thanks - I try to keep it on a non-rash level from now on! Since I got all the info on self-pacing here on AYP I haven't - yet - made a mistake twice! But ah, the dandruff schampoo was also a necessary thing a while ago! Incredible how well known the route on the spiritual path is! Who would have guessed dandruff shampoo would be in the survival tool kit?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2007 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sorry, I wasn't clear, I was suggesting applying Nizoral to kundalini rash wherever it is (including non-scalp areas). And Nizoral's a real specific agent...not contained in other branded dandruff shampoos.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000