Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The Subconscious
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  06:47:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone here read The Power of Your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy?

I think it is a wonderful book. He explains that real prayer is when your subconscious manifests things in your life according to what beliefs you hold in your conscious mind. It is very much like hypnotic suggestion, affirmations and positive thinking.

I recently went on a day trip to Spain. Previously, maybe 2 weeks earlier, i had a dream with imagery i didnt recognise. Then, while in Spain i had a total recall "flashback" of the dream and i predicted in advance that there was a river nearby. No sooner had i said this then we turned a corner and there the river was! There is more involved with this particular story but i needn't mention it now.

The point is, my subconscious was able to guide me by means of warnings and signs which resulted in a psychic event, like deja vu or precognition. The reason i mention this is because i am slowly beginning to suspect that our subconscious minds act like our higher self - in effect making me a mini God! Perceptions create experiences!

I once tried affirmations to counteract my negative, cynical habit of mind and it certainly helped a lot. I have also figured out that if we believe in something deeply enough without a single trace of doubt in the mind, instantaneous reactions can occur which could be called "miraculous".

So i wanted to know if anyone out there had their own way of using their subconscious to effect real changes in their lives, primarily in the form of breaking bad habits. Would simply repeating a positive phrase in the mind with feeling produce a desired outcome? Or would one need to get into a relaxed state? And finally, besides doubt, what possible obstacles could there be to all this?

Edited by - AYPforum on Feb 18 2007 07:40:35 AM

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  08:50:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Repeating a positive phrase with feeling has some, temporary effect. A longer term effect can be obtained by the relaxed state, more specifically samyama with inner silence. It's best to stick to more universal words rather than specific desires. It's not doubt that gets in your way; it's your belief systems. No matter how many times you say something, if you don't believe it's possible, there will be a backlash that pulls you back to your normal, believed reality. Belief systems can be changed by conscious searching for the proof of their validity.
i'm doubtful of Murphy's contention that subconscious manifestation is "real prayer." Prayer, to be real, has to involve some kind of conscious effort toward a divine connection. If you just work on changing your beliefs and wait for subconscious manifestation, you are likely to stray from God and humanity. It's a long story to explain why here, but for now I'll just say 'been there, done that'.
This is why it's better to use the universal words taught in the samyama lessons. Because there is a universal part of us that we can connect with that knows better than we do (our egos) what is the best path for us.
Samyama discussion begins here:
http://www.aypsite.org/149.html
Go to Top of Page

ajna

India
59 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  09:25:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit ajna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi

There is a similar topic

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1864

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2007 :  10:48:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000