Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  06:41:08 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Message
Hi

I just saw the movie Brokeback mountain a couple of weeks ago which got me thinking--can people who are having anal sex do proper mula bandha? What do you think?

Edited by - Lili on Jan 23 2007 07:03:07 AM

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  06:52:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
You entitle your post "Gays and mula bandha". If I may be so bold as to point out that you do not have to be homosexual to experience anal sex. Indeed it is reported that more heterosexual couples have anal sex than homosexual couples.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  07:00:00 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gray

You entitle your post "Gays and mula bandha". If I may be so bold as to point out that you do not have to be homosexual to experience anal sex. Indeed it is reported that more heterosexual couples have anal sex than homosexual couples.

Sorry I have not done research on the issue. Feel free to post a topic heterosexuals and mula bandha. I would not think I am discriminated against.

I changed it to anal sex so that everyone's happy.

Edited by - Lili on Jan 23 2007 07:04:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  08:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I hadn't done any research on the issue either, I just closed my eyes and entered "anal sex" into Google. Thankfully the first result returned was that WikiPedia page
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  08:28:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
I was referred to a post a few days ago which indicated that the muladhara in the female anatomy is in the vagina, behind the cervix. So it would seem that although you don't have to be homosexual to experience anal sex, you do have to be homosexual to experience any muladhara problems related to it.
www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=1787
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  08:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought that this article was relevant, although it may not answer your question specifically.

It's interesting that traditional spiritual writings describe the Kundalini as coiled three and a half times at the base of the spine and that the anal sphincter is made up of three loops and connects to the coccyx (the seat of Kundalini Energy).

quote:
Bogduk [15] describes the external anal sphincter as made up of a series of three loops (fig. 2). The upper loop is made up of the puborectalis and the deep part of the external sphincter (it is attached to the pubis); the middle loop is made up of the midportion of the sphincter (it is attached posteriorly to the coccyx; anteriorly the fibers decussate in the perineal body and can be traced into the bulbospongiosus and the deep transverse perinei muscle). The basal loop contains circumferential fibers and is thought to attach to the skin anterior to the anus.

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteD...ikelNr=77874

Also, some people think that anal sex, as long as it is with the intention to awaken spiritually, is a more direct way of awakening Kundalini and some forms of Tantra and Kundalini Yoga support this.

quote:
Anal intercourse is a specific Kundalini arousal method. Reference to Gray's Anatomy reveals the existance of an irregular, oval-shaped gland between the rectal wall and the tip of the tailbone, or coccyx, called the "coccygeal body.'' Although the function of this gland is unknown to
Western physiologists, it is established in Tantra as the "Kundalini gland." Yoga has devised a wide variety of techniques to irritate and awaken this gland into activity, including Mula Bandha, Asvini Mudra, Tada Mudra (knocking the buttocks upon the ground, sending rhythmic shock waves rippling up the spine), and rolling on a cotton ball placed under the tip of the tailbone.
Tantric activation of the gland is direct and swift through the dilation of the anal sphincters, with a consequent reflex effect upon the two branches of the autonomic nervous system. These two branches, terminating in the anus and rectum, are the parasympathetic (Ida, or braking influence) and the sympathetic (Pingala, or accelerating influence). As well as altering the state of the involuntary nervous system, anal intercourse, according to traditional belief, results in the ejaculation of semen into the rectum, which nourishes the "Kundalini gland" much as the white of an egg feeds the fertilized yolk or embryo. The Tantrist, sustain­ing his Shakti or Goddess with anal intercourse, facilitates the arousal of her internal fire.

(Warning: this is two articles from two different authors, with different opionions. The quote listed is on bottom of the site's page: Ecstasy through Tantra by Dr. Jonn Mumford ").

http://whale.to/b/sex_tantra.html

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 23 2007 9:53:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  12:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  7:56:43 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
VIL, Your quote is interesting but if you read the rest of that page you see some very alarmist and biased opinions on the subject. While I personally don't believe that anal sex done gently would do any harm to the ability to practice mula bandha any more than stretching a muscle will cause it to lose its tone, and as much as your quote seems interesting, I still wouldn't put too much stock in it without further references to original tantric teachings

Edited by - Victor on Jan 23 2007 7:59:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

paw

52 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  8:23:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit paw's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
edit

Edited by - paw on Jan 25 2007 02:16:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2007 :  9:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Victor: VIL, Your quote is interesting but if you read the rest of that page you see some very alarmist and biased opinions on the subject. While I personally don't believe that anal sex done gently would do any harm to the ability to practice mula bandha any more than stretching a muscle will cause it to lose its tone, and as much as your quote seems interesting, I still wouldn't put too much stock in it without further references to original tantric teachings

Hey, Victor, I quote information from various websites, although I may not necessarily agree with the sites full content, like I do from different spiritual traditions, who's authenticity/accuracy is also unverifiable, and leave it up to the reader to make their own assumptions/explorations and do their own research on the subject, creating their own experience, which will hopefully benefit all of humankind by individual introspection/self-discovery.

I'm thinking of adding the above to all of my posts, LOL:

Edit: I've since edited my original post and listed a different website with the same information and made it clear by posting, "Warning: this is two articles from two different authors, with different opionions. The quote listed is on bottom of the site's page: Ecstasy through Tantra by Dr. Jonn Mumford ".

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 23 2007 9:51:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  12:05:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili,
quote:
I just saw the movie Brokeback mountain a couple of weeks ago which got me thinking--can people who are having anal sex do proper mula bandha? What do you think?

Great question, Love it.
In my humble opinion etc. etc.
Mula Bandha doesn't actually have too much to do with the anal canal. Asvini mudra does, as this is the repeated flexing of the anal sphincter muscle. Anal sex will not, in my experience, affect your ability to practice asvini mudra. If anything, it could help it, as anal sex brings our attention to the anal canal during sex, and so makes this into more of a sexual organ. Also, if we contract the anal spincter muscle whilst we are receiving anal sex, then it helps to make this action into a sexual one, as a mental association develops. Asvini mudra works spiritually, by activating our sexual energy, and sending it upwards.

Mula bandha is more of a drawing up of our organs and muscles in the pelvic region. It is like we have strings attached to everything, and we pull up on the strings, very gently. Everything feels the pull (or squeeze). Eventually this happens automatically, most of the time we are awake. Uddyana bandha is the same, only higher up, in the belly. Both these Bandhas have the same effect as asvini mudra, drawing sexual energy continually upwards in the body.

Personally I am not convinced yet about muladhara (the root chakra) being in the cervix for women. I am not a woman but... many people are psychic, and can see/ feel these chakras in themselves and others. Personally I feel the root chakra in women to be in the same place as for men, in the perineum, just in front of the anus. I feel this when I am doing chakra activations on women, and their feedback on what they experienced during the activation tie in with what I sense. I have also never heard of another psychic seeing this chakra in a different place in women than in men. I think it could be the second chakra that is being felt/ described in the thread you referenced. In men, I feel the second chakra to be in a fairly random position, a few inches below the navel, and inside the body, where the cervix would be if men had one. So that again, makes the case for women and men having the first and second chakras in the same place stronger IMO.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  06:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi

I think then to phrase my question better I should have changed it to asvini mudra. Actually I thought that anal sex leads to permanently enlarging the anal sphincter muscle which might reduce our ability to flex it and lift it up. I might be wrong thought because this is just a thought not based on reading and personal experience.

I have one more question of this type actually and this is whether women who practice amaroli also drink their own blood when they have a period because it seems difficult to separate.
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  07:10:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lili

Thanks Christi

I have one more question of this type actually and this is whether women who practice amaroli also drink their own blood when they have a period because it seems difficult to separate.

I stop during my period.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  08:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have tangible benefits from the amaroli practice so far?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  1:00:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili,
quote:
Actually I thought that anal sex leads to permanently enlarging the anal sphincter muscle which might reduce our ability to flex it and lift it up. I might be wrong thought because this is just a thought not based on reading and personal experience.

You might well be right...I have heard this as well... I am certainly no expert in this field. I really just wanted to point out that mula bandha isn't really related to the anus, as that is something that I do know something about.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  8:33:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Personally I am not convinced yet about muladhara (the root chakra) being in the cervix for women. I am not a woman but... many people are psychic, and can see/ feel these chakras in themselves and others. Personally I feel the root chakra in women to be in the same place as for men, in the perineum, just in front of the anus. I feel this when I am doing chakra activations on women, and their feedback on what they experienced during the activation tie in with what I sense. I have also never heard of another psychic seeing this chakra in a different place in women than in men. I think it could be the second chakra that is being felt/ described in the thread you referenced. In men, I feel the second chakra to be in a fairly random position, a few inches below the navel, and inside the body, where the cervix would be if men had one. So that again, makes the case for women and men having the first and second chakras in the same place stronger IMO.

Christi

Hi Christi. Funny - I just assumed that you were a woman. I have experienced some opening in my 2nd chakra which is distinct from the sensation I've just discovered in the location behind the cervix. The distinction is the slight suggestion of sexual energy in the 2nd chakra, whereas I feel none of that near the cervix. Since you're not a woman, you won't be able to answer this, but I'm wondering if any women who are reading this can verify the distinction? Have any of you women felt any sensations of opening, or anything else, at the perineum?
Go to Top of Page

blujett8

USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  8:31:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
hi all

great discussion

I have experienced confusion with practice regarding the cervix vs perineum location....I've definetly felt activity at the perineum and tend to experience most activation or sensation there....but I'm not entirely ready to let go of the cervix thing either....
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2007 :  11:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi. Funny - I just assumed that you were a woman.

Yes, to someone who lives in the U.S. that lone 'i' vowel at the end is very suggestive of being a woman's name. And yet I, who do live in the U.S., always saw Christi as a man. I must be psychic. Eh?
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  12:22:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi David,
quote:
Yes, to someone who lives in the U.S. that lone 'i' vowel at the end is very suggestive of being a woman's name. And yet I, who do live in the U.S., always saw Christi as a man. I must be psychic. Eh?

You are definately psychic David. I can sense it.
I am quite happy to drop the I if it is causing confusion... no pun intended!

Christi
Go to Top of Page

aayogi

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  4:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit aayogi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
VIL's reference (http://whale.to/b/sex_tantra.html) is interesting. Here are quotes I picked up from there:

"Anal intercourse is the Tantric equivalent of such Hatha Yoga practices as Mulabandha (anal sphincter lock), and Asvini Mudra alternating relaxation and contraction of the anus)."

"Anal intercourse is a specific Kundalini arousal method. "

His implication is that this is a better method. I have not seen references to this anywhere else. Just wondering if anyone has run into similar things elsewhere?

Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2007 :  5:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
aayogi: His implication is that this is a better method. I have not seen references to this anywhere else. Just wondering if anyone has run into similar things elsewhere?

I said that "some people think that anal sex, as long as it is with the intention to awaken spiritually, is a more direct way of awakening Kundalini and some forms of Tantra and Kundalini Yoga support this" to give a different perspective, only, leaving it up to the individual to draw their own conclusions.

Maybe I will experiment and develop a new limb of Yoga called Sphincter Yoga:

VIL

Edited by - VIL on Jan 31 2007 5:57:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2007 :  7:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Cultural differences are quite interesting because in the west kundalini is often called the holy spirit. Can you imagine the reaction of a westerner when you say that anal sex is a fairly direct way of raising the holy spirit?

If only we had a better grasp of the body and how everything is connected.

One part of the body is considered dirty, yet it is so intimately connected to the brain and other areas of the body.
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2007 :  12:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Kyman: Cultural differences are quite interesting because in the west kundalini is often called the holy spirit. Can you imagine the reaction of a westerner when you say that anal sex is a fairly direct way of raising the holy spirit?

You'd probably be martyred:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

andonitxo

2 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  02:55:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit andonitxo's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello:

I thought my first post was going to be a “hi there” introductory text, but I had to respond to this thread because I’m gay.

That said, I must assert: the effect is the same. I mean, the anus doesn't get wide opened all the time. It dilates during the intercourse and it contracts after it. You’d be astonished by the elasticity of such muscles.

I'm in a microcosmic orbit exercise routine and I use my anus/perineum to throw the energy up the spine. No problem with it. The electricity currents move fast and abundantly.

Due to the intercourse and the physical sensations felt, it is possible to generate sex energy (to move it in the MCO, for example) just remembering it, or fixing the attention in them. The inner parts of the anus and the rectum respond quickly to a mere thought.
By the way, and taking in count the physiological structure of men’s body, during an intercourse the prostate gets stimulated (it depends of the shape of the penis inserted). That leads to a high sexual pleasure state, which, well controlled, can make you have orgasms without ejaculating.

A good muscle tone in the pelvic area (perineum, anus, PC muscle) helps in developing sexual energy that can be moved in the MCO and stored in the cauldron. In any case, a good mental control is needed to do so.

Finally, I find anal sex very feminine. I mean, you feel a sense of “giving in” to the partner, and that’s a way to develop the other part of your being. You can feel yourself as a man, but develop your woman side that way. In fact, that’s the last objective of evolution, isn’t it? To merge the opposite aspects of our psyches.

I hope my first post was of interest.
Have a good day.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  12:52:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I am pretty ignorant of the actual engagement of anal sex as I have never recieved/given it, however, reading this made me ponder the nature of enemas and if perhaps the act of recieving an enema, perhaps during a fast, would somehow stimulate the "kundalini gland".
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4365 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2007 :  08:41:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Andonitxo,

Welcome to the forum.

And thanks for that very informative description of anal sex. I am sure it will help many of us.

quote:
Finally, I find anal sex very feminine. I mean, you feel a sense of “giving in” to the partner, and that’s a way to develop the other part of your being. You can feel yourself as a man, but develop your woman side that way. In fact, that’s the last objective of evolution, isn’t it? To merge the opposite aspects of our psyches.

I have heard that the final stage of the awakening of the kundalini is the complete merging of the feminine and masculine aspects of the human being within one body. And beyond that, further processes start which involve the merging of other aspects of our being on an individual and a cosmic level. I also experience that a sense of surrender is very important in the spiritual path.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000