New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  2:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The drugs I still occasionally use while on the AYP path that have only seemed to help me progress up to this point are: LSD and psylocibin mushrooms, (really helped me learn to live in the now) Ketamine and DMT/ayahausca. (really helps with the "ether" aspect and the recognition and reoccurance of samadhi). The drugs I still use daily are methadone (almost clean now, 2 more weeks) and marijuana (this helps with the methadone detox as well as helping me to identify with the witness state when high AND not high and relaxes and helps me better prepare for my ~1 hour twice daily sitting practices.) I occasionally use a little DMAA (dimethylamylamine, a precursor to adrenaline) if I am REALLY tired for some reason and need to stay awake for work or something. (prefer this to coffee) I don't find this has any negative effects on my spiritual progression. The one drug I do still occasionally partake of that DOES NOT benefit me on the AYP path is alcohol. Everytie I have even two or three beer before heading to bed, the next morning there is no chance that I will be able to get up and meditate right away. I will be lucky if I get a morning mediation in at all if I have drank the night before. Because of this I think I have only drank 3 times since I started consistant AYPractices, once being my stag party. Anyways, I agree with Eitherway, entheogens are a stepping stone/tool that a yogi can use if so inclined. Not everyone is so inclined, but if you are it isn't gauranteed to send you spiraling back into the "ego" ages.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  2:58:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

Carson, I'm curious as to how the ayp techniques over time will impact the use of these substances. As you notch more and more months of the practices, please keep us up to date. I'm interested in whether you leave all these behind (ofcourse you have to want to do that) or imbibe on a less frequent basis as well as the effects on tolerance/potency.
take care,
eitheway
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  11:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
The one drug I do still occasionally partake of that DOES NOT benefit me on the AYP path is alcohol. Everytie I have even two or three beer before heading to bed, the next morning there is no chance that I will be able to get up and meditate right away. I will be lucky if I get a morning mediation in at all if I have drank the night before. Because of this I think I have only drank 3 times since I started consistant AYPractices, once being my stag party.

i've been taught through path of the plants that only absinthe & mezcal are sacred alcohol who can help the spiritual journey but other alcohols indeed are not good.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  1:45:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eitherway,
I can give you an update of what has occured so far, and then I will keep you all up to date as time continues to roll on. Before I started AYP I was using recreational drugs everyday. I used to smoke a quarter ounce of the "cannabis cup" winning bud everyday, and now I am down to well below an eighth ounce a day. I used to use Ketamine at least 5 days a week, and I have used Ketamine only twice in the past 5 months. I used to eat acid or mushrooms at least once a week and now I maybe imbibe these substances at most once every month or two. I used to drink at least 3 (to 6) beer a night, and I have only drank 3 times in the past 3 months. ( and yes I agree Albert on the absinthe, but I have never drank mescal so I can't say for sure.) I have not used DMT or ayahausca yet since I started AYPractices, but I do plan on using these someday in the future. (am not cutting this from my "toolbelt" just yet) I used to use these about 2 or 3 times a year. (smokable DMT sometimes more often) The drugs I HAVE completely cut from use are all of Shulgin's "research chemicals" (2C-B/ Fly / C / D / E / I / T-2 /T-7 and more, as well as 4-HO-Dipt / MiPT , DPT, DiPT, Methylone, AET, MDMA/MDA, 5-meo-DMT / AMT / MiPT / DiPT, DOM / C / I, and more. I have also stopped using all perscription meds, especially sleeping meds and nootropics. (smart drugs) I have cut back on my pack a day cigarette habit as well. I now smoke 1 or 2 smokes a day at most. The only drugs that I am not 100% sure about completely cutting out are marijuana, ( this has been a staple in my life longer then anything else including family) and maybe ayahausca. (which I can't properly explain the power and possibilities of, you really have to experience this for yourself to understand why) Hope this gives you a somewhat brief idea of where I have come from and where I am headed. Please feel free to ask questions if this is not clear enough for you. Glad to help clear the air on AYpractices and their benefits in any way I can.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2008 :  2:30:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi,

THanks for the info. I look forward to seeing what goes on with these things as you move along the path. I appreciate your honesty and willingness to discuss this.

take care,

Eitherway
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  12:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
( and yes I agree Albert on the absinthe, but I have never drank mescal so I can't say for sure.)

Hey CarsonZI, I've tried both many times before going to sleep & it is very good to dissolve blockages in head area.

PS. I usually mix some grapefruit juice.

Albert
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2008 :  1:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No problem Eitherway,
Before yoga/meditation, my path to enlightenment was pretty strictly the shamanic path, so talking about drugs is easy for me. They used to be "me", or at least I used to think so. I forgot to mention that I also cut out all tropane akaloids as well (that would be anything with atropine, scopolamine, etc. in plants such as datura, belladonna, henbane, etc etc.) which I used to use about as frequently as I used ayahausca or DMT. I will keep you updated as I drop more and more, or don't.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  12:37:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, natural chemicals that come from plants (Marijuana, Psilocybin Cubensis, Dimethyltryptamine) are totally and amazingly beneficial in the unfolding of my spiritual path. They were put here for us, to aid us, and to heal us. At least I believe that.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:55:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yup, that I think is the general consensus here on the forum Ganesh. But the next statement is that these substances, like EVERYTHING else, are to be left behind at some point. They can help us advance only up to a certain point, and then they lose their usefulness because we have surpassed the need for external help. A tool, but just a tool.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  9:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
See, and I am starting to understand that too. Though the plants are profoundly helpful to the beginner, eventually those things aren't really needed.
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  10:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sadly I can't yet say my experience is beyond gaining something from the plants. Namely the three I listed above
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I here ya Ganesh. I still can't stop using Marijuana myself. It's still way to helpful.
Go to Top of Page

lakshmi_shegar

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2009 :  06:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit lakshmi_shegar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Drugs are not always good to health. Try meditation to reach god. If possible visit www.meditationsolution.com. They have musc CD, that helps one to meditate in deep stage.

Thanks,
Alex
Go to Top of Page

escapado

Germany
88 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2011 :  10:56:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are some great experiences to be made
And before a huge Kundalini experience I made on weed I did not even care if there is a god
So it was a religious experience
But the most important thing: these drugs help you letting go
You have to decide for yourself what you do and how many times.

Oh and if it wasn't for some experiences on which I did spiritual praxis on Marijhuana then I would not be practicing AYP right now.

Of course meditation is the real deal in every way but saying that the drugs don't work is more of a songtext than a universal truth )

Just keep looking for holes in your thoughts they might show you that it's just concepts hehe what I am trying to say is that they entheogenics DO have a lot of power and it does not always have to lead somewhere because in the end AYP leads you nowhere, too - right?
Entheogenics can give you the power to unfold higher knowledge et cetera for a short period of time (depending on the substance you use) but it can also just make you feel good relax and maybe just let go and if you are not so laid back it might be just right for you hahaha

Maybe you should just try it out? I'm not motivating anyone to take drugs but maybe you will just try it out if you really want to know what it is like

An interesting thing to do is doing actual practices on entheogenics and seeing where it gets you! It sure goes ahead of your level if the entheogenic is just intense enough. LSD should probably always get you ahead of your level (a friend of mine did meditae on LSD and the world slowed down so much that everything melted unzil nothing was left :D)

So let's not judge eerything so fast
it depends on the user and has a lot to do with fate and coincidence!
I don't smoke a lot of marijuana but I used to smoke looooots of cigarettes everyday and I just stopped from one day to the next.
If it wasn't for the Cannabis then I would have not had the insights that helped me to get my hands back on my life - not that the drug did it, I did it, but it helped me a lot!

Edited by - escapado on Apr 04 2011 11:25:40 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000