Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 How To Work With Kundalini With Aphantasia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lerena

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2024 :  02:41:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello. I don't have a specific problem regarding the Kundalini that I'm asking about here, but when studying methods and practices, they tend to feature the use of visualization. Although my aphantasia is more partial than an outright inability to visualize within my mind, I'm curious if there are practices that don't require visualization. I'd like to work with my chakras, but the heavy emphasis on visualization is a problem.

I don't know how I'm supposed to adhere to regular practices as someone with partial aphantasia. My other senses are stronger and I can imagine through those senses. When trying to focus on my chakras, I often focus heavily on touch since that is a powerful sense for me even energetically.

I do not know specific exercises that deal with the other senses. Any recommendations? I'd like to know if AYP features any lessons involving what to do if you are working with this energy but cannot practice the exercises as they are often suggested. Visualization, again, is a common part of these practices.

So, how do I work with the chakras? Any ideas on how someone with aphantasia would tailor exercises featuring heavy visualization into practices that still work?

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2024 :  07:18:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Lerena,

Then AYP is perfect for you - it does not focus on Chakras at all. But before we get to kundalini and its alure, it is best to start with the first AYP practice of meditation. This will lay the foundation for other kundalini-stimulating practices.
Here:

https://www.aypsite.com/13.html

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2024 :  08:10:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lerena,

You have received some good advice from Sey above.

You can use all of the AYP practices, as none of them require the use of imagination. Begin with Deep Meditation as Sey suggests. That uses a mantra, but no imagination. Then, after some time, you can add Spinal Breathing Pranayama to the front of your practice as described in lesson 41. If you are not able to visualise the spinal nerve, then simply bring your attention to your perineum at the end of each exhalation and to the point between your eyebrows at the end of each inhalation. Your subtle nervous system will automatically fill in the rest. Once you are able to feel the prana in your central channel, you can then begin to trace this felt-sense with your attention.

After some time, you can gradually begin to add the mudras and bandhas to your practice, along with asanas, Samyama, and Self-Inquiry practices, as these do not require visualisation.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000