Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Effortless way of introducing the mantra after SBP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TensorTympani

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2023 :  12:59:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a habit of re-reading the instructions of the basic AYP techniques once in a while, because I realised that sometimes I simply overlook important details, or that only after practicing for a while I can properly appreciate the subtler details of Yogani's instructions.

My new "discovery" is this line from the SPB instructions https://www.aypsite.org/41.html:
quote:
Take a minute or so before effortlessly beginning the mantra, just as originally instructed.

I haven't followed this instruction in over a year. I remember vaguely trying this in the beginning (I started DM 14 months ago, SPB 20 months ago), literally waiting a minute before introducing the mantra. Without a timer I would easily get lost in thoughts during that "minute", seemingly (to me) a waste of time. So I switched to simply starting immediately with the mantra and forgot about this line till now.

Recently I rediscovered this instruction and I have been experimenting with it now for two weeks, doing a subtle analysis of the process of introducing the mantra after SPB either with the extra minute + effortless introduction, or my usual "brutal" way. It's quite mind blowing how useful the extra minute is!

During this minute (or whatever brief period), I'm first assessing my level of stillness by just observing for a while, and then I decide to introduce the mantra. Since I'm supposed to do this effortlessly, I interpreted this as introducing the mantra at the appropriate level fuzziness right away given the noise level in my head. And now the wild thing is the following. When I'm done with the assessing and decide to introduce the mantra, it seems that the simple intention of introducing the mantra is quieting my mind even further and very rapidly, so that effortlessly introducing the mantra happens at a very fuzzy level. Such a level I would usually only reach after five or more minutes of DM.

I'm aware that this effect of the mere intention to introduce the mantra and ability to gently act from stillness is very likely a result of practing DM and samyama for a while, and that everybody has their own way of interpreting "Take a minute or so before effortlessly beginning the mantra". Still maybe somebody reading the forums, just like me, forgot this line altogether. So, have fun with it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000