Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Eating just meat & fat, nutritional guideliness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2023 :  1:07:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am of the view that our ancestors were primarily carnivorous.

My history:
Was vegetarian for 4 years (was taught so on yoga classes).
Vegetarian diet made me feel better (I ate unprocessed, home cooked traditional foods before that).
Fast forward a couple of years -> I developed fat on my belly (although active), skin tags, lipoma and my skin was in general terrible. Hair loss that I suspect (will test shortly) because of Hashimoto (my hypothesis is: too much home-made bread from "good" whole grains).
A person near to me developed rheumatoid arthritis on the same exact diet.
This was on diet that many would call "healthy whole foods plant based" diet. Milk related foods like kefir and high quality cheese were also consumed. No fish.
Thankfully at least ghee was used, instead of plant seed oils.

When I compare the former to my present carnivorous lifestyle, I can report the following (after 6 months of carnivore):
1. Skin got better
2. Belly fat reduced
3. Lean muscle gain
4. Sense of being 'full' with something that was missing one's whole life, but one wasn't aware of it missing.
5. Sense of calm, natural meditative state, mental resilience is up
6. Water tastes sweet
7. More space in joints
8. Easier to progress in yoga (at least in asanas)

The person near to me has no more pain in lower back and knee + all of the above.

For those interested in carnivore lifestyle and in how our nutritional guidelines came to be:

Corruption of our nutritional and medical guidelines

Jack

United Kingdom
305 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2023 :  1:26:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jack's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Mykal,

I've moved over to an 'animal-based diet' as advocated by Paul Saladino.
Wherever possible, I order grass-fed, grass-finished meat, including organ meats. (highly recommend liver as the liver is a powerhouse for vitamins and minerals).
I order these from a family-run farm who focus on regenerative agriculture, and animal wellbeing during life.
Also raw milk, organic free-range eggs, and fruit.

I can echo the increase in calm, steady energy, satiety, and physical vigor.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000