Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Crying at the end of deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2023 :  7:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I am 23 with about 8 months of deep meditation and sometimes pranayama with stops and go for the last 3 years. Still struggle with consistency but i keep trying. Sometimes around the end of my meditation, my neck/jaw starts contracting and tears began to flow with each new contraction, and i have also the belly who start pumping automatically, and the breath being a bit like the one of a dog if you see what i mean, still while having tears. Also happen with tantric self pleasure. And the night, sometimes also, dreams with violent thema (if I meditated in the day). I like it because it looks like huge stress release and i feel neutral or released after crying. Never been a negative experience.

What happen exactly in yogic words please ? Is it knots in the nervous system being neutralized ? And especially around the lower chakras ?

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2023 :  05:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shams, welcome

You are correct, it is purification from your practices and nothing to worry about. I have had a few crying jags that surfaced out of nowhere during my DM practice in the first few years. There is no better relief than a good cry. The last good cry I most recently had, there was the odd sensation of being calm inside and watching my body go through the motions.

Edited by - Dogboy on Aug 29 2023 05:11:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  9:46:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you dear Dogboy for telling your experience and for the welcome . I feel like releasing stuck emotions improve slightly the flexibility of the body for asanas. And I am glad to learn it can last during several years according to our karma matrix. So my practice looks like going well.
Also, do you know anyone who could accept to help me waking up the kundalini safely, through energy transfer ?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 30 2023 :  10:25:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shams,

Crying is a symptom of tension/trauma release. It is also associated with opening of the heart chakra.

Your Kundalini is moving, that is the reason you feel these contractions in the jaw/throat and belly. These contractions together with the muladhara bandha (the root contraction) work toward creating the container of transformation. Panting like a dog is another symptom of an active Kundalini working to increase purification and the energetic level necessary for spiritual transformation. Considering that your kundalini is quite active, any additional outside push brings the risk of unbalance.

You are on your way. Keep up the practices - this is just the beginning.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2023 :  2:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche,

Thank you so much for this clear explanation and kind words. It is reassuring to know something is happening in the good way.
Go to Top of Page

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2023 :  11:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

Just a little update to reassure people in the same situation than me in the future if ever they need it:

It has now been 20 days consequently that I cry everytime I meditate. That can be during the two sittings of the day or even three times in a day. All is fine. 5-10 minutes of pranayama then the meditation. Always in siddhasana
with a tennis ball + mulabandha (mulabandha only during the pranayama).

During the meditation I always become almost breathless at some moment, or with a very very light breath. It is a good sensation. Feels like being huge waves, calm waves into the ocean. I feel like the mantra can clean my mind deep. Then at some point (often when I am breathless) I feel a little contraction in the root and a few seconds later that's the moment automatic bastrika begins and tears follow. It can last a good moment. Then I think again the mantra, become calm again, until the bastrika and new tears come back. I can be in retreat mode so I am trying to do three sittings in a day. No problem so far

I modify my message to add this: a few hours after sending my message, I listened islamic songs about Allah. I have not do it for long months. This time I realized the little push I feel at my root is the kundalini or at least some kind of energy because it made me intensely sobbing for a long moment. So I relaxed my body (I was sitted down) and let the energic push.. pushing again while doing shambavi and I was back in automatic bastrika sobbing even more. And I still be dreaming about murder scenes (last night in Far West with a knife) or gunshots in the desert with recent weapons) a few times a week. I always recall my dreams better the periods I be meditating. During all this Mercure Retrograde, I had dreams about people from my past every single night

Edited by - ShamsOfTabriz on Sep 10 2023 1:33:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2023 :  1:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shams,

The crying and the automatic bastrika are symptoms of purifications. The intense dreams suggest releases from deep unconscious. All together make for a quite intense journey. It is like driving faster and faster: It is trilling, but is it safe?

Listening to devotional songs will increase all these symptoms. Three meditation sessions a day will amplify symptoms, too.

Here is a test: How is the rest of your life? Are you able to work or study? How are your relationships with other people? If these things are more difficult, consider slowing down your practices and limiting the time you spend engaged in other spiritual things in favor of grounding activities engaged in the world. You want to keep the wheels of your spiritual car on the road. Only at a safe speed one can make constant progress.

Listen to your inner guru who points to the middle path - the path of moderation.

Edited by - Blanche on Sep 11 2023 12:27:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

ShamsOfTabriz

France
8 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2023 :  5:25:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Blanche,

Thank you for your insights!

After all this time, crying and automatic bastrika have stopped recently and are now just occasionnal. Especially if I am going through difficult moments in real life so it just feels like releasing my current emotions in a safe way. So I can say my emotional awareness increased. The thema of my dreams also stopped being about violence.

I chose to stick with 5 minutes of pranamya then 30 minutes of deep meditation, twice a day. The meditation is peacefull. Nothing much to notice. I am going to continue with this :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000