Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Samyama Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

George227

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2023 :  1:07:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, I'm new to this forum so please let me know if this is not the appropriate place to post this question.

I've been reading a book called Mind Calm by Sandy Newbigging which outlines a practice that seems to be a variation of samyama as described in the ayp lessons. There are two differences and I'm wondering how they affect the results of the practice.

The first difference is that each word is preceeded by Aum so it's Aum love instead of just love and the second difference is that awareness is moved around the body for different words so Aum love is felt at the heart space and Aum wisdom is felt at the crown.

The reasoning given for these variations is that Aum carries the vibration of creation and therefore enhances the effects of the words and that we naturally associate different concepts with different parts of the body which again is said to enhance the effects.

It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could shed some light on this.

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2023 :  6:35:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi George,

It is always possible to change spiritual practices, by adding things to them. The question is always: "Will this change improve the practice, or not?". Practices need to be effective, but not too strong. If they are too strong, people will begin to experience energetic overload, and suffer the consequences of that.

OM is a powerful mantra, especially when used within silence. So, adding OM before each sutra repetition would make the practice stronger in terms of energetic purification. If someone was not ready for that, then they could run into problems. OM is not actually introduced in Deep Meditation until the second mantra enhancement in the original sequence of enhancements, and the third mantra enhancement, in the alternate enhancement sequence. The alternate sequence was offered, because too many people were finding OM too strong energetically.

The same goes for adding body locations to sutras. The practice becomes stronger, which may, or may not, necessarily be a good thing. With the AYP Cosmic Samyama practice, body locations are used for the first 9 sutras, but not for the following 9 sutras. It is a powerful practice, and is made more powerful by the addition of body locations. Adding body locations to regular Samyama practice, by using the chakras would increase activation of the chakras. The activation of the chakras is quite a complex thing and has to be done in a managed way, or people can become unbalanced. I just don't know how adding chakra locations to regular samyama sutras, would play out over time? It would be the practitioner's experiment and we would not be able to predict the long-term results.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000