Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 New Book! Samyama - Stillness, Siddhis & Miracles
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  4:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The newest AYP book is now in the distribution channels, available in paperback and ebook worldwide. The full title is:

Samyama - Cultivating Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles

Check the AYP Books Page for bookseller links: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html

The Samyama book is also available for shipment as part of any quantity discount order. For details on the quantity discount program, see: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1248

Note: A Radio Interview on the new Samyama book was conducted on January 28, 2007. A recording can be listened to here: http://www.aypsite.com/audio.html

This volume of the AYP Enlightenment Series goes significantly beyond previous AYP writings on Samyama. Here is the Table of Contents to give a flavor:
----------------------------------

Table of Contents

Chapter 1 – The Making of Miracles
--How Our World is Manifested
--Discovering Our Vast Inner Potential
--Becoming a Channel of Infinite Expression

Chapter 2 – Samyama
--The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali
--The Technique of Samyama
--Questions and Answers on Daily Practice
--Symptoms of Purification and Opening
--Self-Pacing
--Rise of the Active Witness

Chapter 3 – Expanded Applications
--Cosmic Samyama and Yoga Nidra
--Samyama and Yoga Postures (Asanas)
--Prayer and the Principles of Samyama
--Samyama in Daily Living
--Siddhis – Super-Normal Powers
--The Importance of a Methodical Approach

Chapter 4 – Stillness in Action
--Relationship of Inner Silence and Ecstasy
--Flying on the Wings of Ecstatic Bliss
--Let Go and Let God

Appendix – The Samyama Sutras of Patanjali
(Interpreted and simplified for optional research)

Further Reading and Support

----------------------------------

Wishing you all the best on your path. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2007 :  7:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've been anxiously awaiting this one.
Go to Top of Page

yoginstar

Netherlands
78 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2007 :  4:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit yoginstar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

M o v e m e n t is what creates life.
S t i l l n e s s is what creates love.
To be still and still m o v i n g, that is everything.

from Dane Rudhyar <Gifts of the Spirit>

thanks

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2007 :  2:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Nearly all of the Samyama bookseller links are up and running now -- http://www.aypsite.org/books.html

The "search inside" feature will be added for this book on all Amazon sites worldwide within a few weeks. This will greatly improve visibility on the Amazon sites and in the web search engines. Even now, a book search for "samyama" on any Amazon site pulls it up at or near the top of the list, and on Google it currently comes up on pages 2 & 3.

Amazon reviews on the Samyama book are greatly appreciated, as these have a large impact on visitors to the book page, and are also included in the web search engines.

It appears Barnes and Noble online is now carrying all of the AYP books in stock with 24 hour shipping. That is a great new development.

All the best!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Mike

United Kingdom
77 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  04:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for writing this one Yogani

One funny thing about amazon.co.uk is that if one does a book search for "Yogani" it doesnt show up I was about to give up (and kind of try and remember to check back at some stage in the future) when I searched for "samyama" and found it. Might be worth getting them to fix this?

Great regards and thanks for all the wisdom you are pouring out to the world

Mike
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  10:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much, Mike.

Sometimes it takes a few days or weeks for Amazon to update an author listing of books when a new one is added, but eventually they do.

Yes, there are very few books on "Samyama" out there, so searching on that will invariably bring it up. We seem to be plowing new ground here.

In any case, the AYP books page has direct links to all the books.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Wolfgang

Germany
470 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2007 :  12:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wolfgang's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just tried a search on the german www.amazon.de and it shows up ok
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  4:50:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
just a quick note, intended to order through Amazon, but it said it was no longer available! Hope that means it is flying off the shelves~! Ordered through Barnes & Noble instead.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2007 :  8:02:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just ordered it from amazon.ca and I also ordered 4 more copies of "Deep Meditation" to give out to friends. Yogani's books make for great gifts!

A
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  12:49:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the process of reading the Samyama ebook.

I must say it is really superb to read. Although I have only read about a quarter of it, whenever I read it my vibration raises and feel myself going to inner silence.
For me this is the test of a true spiritual book and recommend it to everyone.
In the meantime I look forward to finishing it and know I will be re-reading it many times.

Louis
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2007 :  2:29:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes Louis the Samyama book is a real gem. Have you tried Cosmic yet?

Richard

Edited by - Richard on Feb 11 2007 6:08:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  03:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not yet Richard, havn't got that far in the book yet.
I take it you enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  06:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I certainly do Louis it adds a whole new dimension...you will see when you get to it

Edited by - Richard on Feb 12 2007 7:20:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2007 :  9:28:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Louis said
"I must say it is really superb to read. Although I have only read about a quarter of it, whenever I read it my vibration raises and feel myself going to inner silence.
For me this is the test of a true spiritual book and recommend it to everyone."

Great review Louis. I hope you'll consider posting such a review on Amazon.com -- it may help others decide to see what it is all about...

light and love,

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

Maximus

India
187 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  08:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Maximus's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No ebook version of Samyama book, Yogani?
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maximus,

The Samyama eBook is available at the usual retail outlets with the addition of a "special edition" (which includes an audio introduction by Yogani) available at the following url:

http://www.aypsite.org/books-samyamaebook.html

For more information on the special editions, check this thread: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=2046

Namaste,
Brett
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  10:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle, I couldn't agree more to the vibration notion! What a ride to read that book! I am only on page 20, but I flew to work this morning! I could leave my broom at the house!

And as Anthem pointed out - Yoganis books are great gifts! I gave my projectleader a copy of Deep Meditation and it was received with great enthusiasm!
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2007 :  11:12:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Great review Louis. I hope you'll consider posting such a review on Amazon.com -- it may help others decide to see what it is all about...

Yes Kathy, will do a review as soon as I'm finished.

emc, just about to get on a plane from Birmingham to Dublin - damn, forgot about the broomstick

Louis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000