Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Awareness and activation of brain centers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iced Earth

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  6:22:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Iced Earth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Why is it said that putting awareness on certain areas of the head/face activates certain brain centers? For example, I've read that focusing on the third eye will stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete chemicals. Also I've read how stimulating them will create higher states of conciousness. I've never quite understood this.

ab25

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2007 :  7:52:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit ab25's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You don't mean pineal gland and pitutary body do you? The pineal gland releases DMT a powerful hallucinagenic drug and believed to be responsible for near death experiences. DMT is used by the peruvian shamans to enter the spirit world.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

Edited by - ab25 on Jan 02 2007 9:34:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4384 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  06:07:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Iced earth,
there are various physical centres in the brain which are stimulated by meditation and pranayama. The pituitary gland is just above the nose, and is quite a major one. The pineal gland in the centre of the head is another biggy. There is also the occipital nerve plexus at the back of the head which features quite significantly, and a nerve plexus just below the crown of the head. There are of course many more. There are also energy centres in the head which do not necessarily correlate to any specific glands of nerve centres in the physical body.
In my experience, our awareness stimulates the movement of subtle energy (prana). This energy activates the chakras (energy centres in the subtle body) which in turn can stimulate the physical glands and physical nerves. As ab25 said, the glands secrete hormones which directly stimulate our state of consciousness. DMT is only one of many chemicals released by the brain. Meditation can actually increase the size of the physical glands. A Jain monk in India, who had fasted completely for over a year was given a brain scan by a group of scientists who were examining him. His pineal gland was four times the average size for a normal human being. Other than this they could find no other abnormality to explain his ability to live without physical food.
Christi.
Go to Top of Page

ab25

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:35:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ab25's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The pineal gland is said to be the seat of the soul by some. It forms at 49 days after conception. Also from wikipedia, there can be 49 days
between death and rebirth in buddhism.

"The Tibetan schools, on the other hand, hold to the notion of a bardo (intermediate state) which can last up to forty-nine days"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebirt...8Buddhist%29

Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2007 :  09:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Iced Earth

Why is it said that putting awareness on certain areas of the head/face activates certain brain centers? For example, I've read that focusing on the third eye will stimulate the pituitary gland to secrete chemicals. Also I've read how stimulating them will create higher states of conciousness. I've never quite understood this.

To stimulate these guys

Go before your altar and ask God in whatever form you worship
to activate that part...........

It takes a while for this to actually occur..........

since your physical body needs to be at a certain level..........
your entire being will be assessed.......

Everything here has to do with your state of mind
However as humans......you just issue the command

According to your spirituallity you would actually feel something

Once activated you would experience extreme thirst.......

At least this is how it works for me

This is what I use to find things, answer questions about people, including myself..........find kidnapped victims, people ailments ectera

I have always been 100% accurate..........
So much that people come to my home to look for me

So you guys see now why I run from people.

The third eye can also see from the back of the head

Happy New year to all of you
and I know alot of us in this forum will be elevated a step further
all the best

Namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000