Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 A.....(yam)?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Katrina

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  09:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Merry Christmas to all.

I've been practicing AYP for about 2 weeks now and I have a question,if some of you AYP veterans don't mind answering.

I find that after thinking the mantra for a while,AYAM turns into a long Aaaaaah(i lose the end spontaneously but i know it's there at some level,if this makes sense) ,and it feels comfortable thinking it like that.

Is this o.k. or should i make a little effort to think the whole mantra?

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  09:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrina,

Yes, if the mantra turns into a long Aaaaaah and you lose the second part, I would make a little effort to think the whole mantra. The reason is that the mantra AYAM is a two-syllable mantra where each contains a vibration important for purification. Yogani elaborates more on this in Lesson 22: http://www.aypsite.org/22.html, Lesson 59: http://www.aypsite.org/59.html and Lesson 188: http://www.aypsite.org/188.html.

However, it's also important to not control the mantra, but to let it modify itself in terms of speed, clearness, sense of location etc. It can be very faint or fuzzy, but it's still the essence of AYAM (or I AM). It's even better if we are not aware of any of these things and just simply do the mantra.

All the best!

Edited by - weaver on Dec 26 2006 09:49:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5197 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  10:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Note: Topic moved for better placement.
Go to Top of Page

Katrina

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  10:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrina's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Weaver.

...just when I was starting to enjoy it ...
I don't mind being a bit unbalanced you know.

Just kidding, of course.I just find this 'effortless effort' (or is it effortlessness with a bit of effort) concept a bit confusing.

Never mind, I'll get there.Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2006 :  11:52:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrina

I just find this 'effortless effort' (or is it effortlessness with a bit of effort) concept a bit confusing.

Katrina,

I understand and agree. It is confusing to the intellect and rational mind because it seems like a paradox. But it will work during meditation anyway because we go beyond the intellect in meditation. Yes, doing the mantra is an act of will. Sometimes maybe with a bit of effort, sometimes it will seem to be there by itself. But that's it. All else is left to itself.

But it's important not to worry if we don't seem to be good at doing this (just do the mantra and nothing else). The meditation will work anyway. Over time we will find that the rational mind will come in and analyze less and less and thoughts will cling less and pass sooner. In daily life we will find that concepts that have clouded our mind are dropped so we can see reality better. There will be more silence but at the same time the awareness is alert and vigilant. It's no longer a paradox because it's the natural state of our inner self.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000