Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Emotionally unstable
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  05:04:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

in the past weeks, I realise that I am kind of emotionally unstable. From time to time, I sense a need for crying. I do not cry (even I'd like to), it is just like a feeling of crying that can be quite intense. I feel it very much in the solar plexus area. When I calm down, mostly before sleeping, this sense of crying sometimes alternates with sexual arousal (several minutes each for serveral cycles). This sense of crying comes and goes and is also with me in personal interaction, especially when it comes to arguments. It sometimes can be overwhelming so that I can hardly stand the argument. Sometimes it is also accompanied by irritability. I wonder if this condition would improve if I would actually cry for one time but I cannot force it.

My practice right now is (since several weeks/months):
30 minutes of asanas (once daily)
and twice daily:
10 min SBP
7 cycles of YMK
20 minutes DM
10 minutes samyama
5 minutes rest

What is your advice?

Stille

Germany
76 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  10:20:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would increase self-pacing by reducing the amount of YMK cycles first. Also you can release your wish/intention to regain emotional stability in silence. Asking the silence to find a solution that is suitable for you.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2020 :  10:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato

Emotional instability is a sign of energy overload. So Stille is right to advise you to reduce the most energy stimulating practices in your routine.

Practice wisely and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 29 2020 :  3:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

That sense of crying, of tenderness, sensitivity, and openness is a sign of an open heart. When the heart opens, the whole world revels itself as an expression of your heart. Your heart is empty space, it is like you are looking out into space, there is nothing solid there, and in the same time the heart is raw tenderness. You can feel it all in your heart, the all suffering of the world. You will cry at times, and no one cry will make it all go away. This world is your heart, going on and on, without any end, and you feel it all. What are you?

This tender open heart does not harden, but it finds balance in the higher mind/intellect. As the third eye opens, there is an incredible grace, a balance between the mind and the heart, between the intellect and the emotions. You could feel the sufferings of the world, as part of this world feels it, and be in touch with the divine outpouring grace that keep the creation going in a continuous bliss. The world is made of bliss, even if we may experience it as full of suffering.

Good things are happening. Wishing you the best on your path!
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  11:28:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for your advice!

As recommended, I cut out YMK first and I am still seeing where it goes. I still feel kind of unstable, so I guess I will cut out samyama next in order to self-pace.

It was interesting to read that YMK is considered the most energy stimulating practice of those mentioned. Is there a kind of hierachy of practices concerning energy stimulation? It would be good to know to get the self-pacing right.

Right now, I am also struggling with facial rashes and the diagnosis by two different dermatologists has been rosacea (this diagnosis kind of drags me down). After doing a forum search, I guess it could also be a kundalini related rash. It seems to be a frequent experience. I guess it would fit into the picture of overall emotional instability and irritability.

Go to Top of Page

interpaul

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  1:43:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cato, Rosacea is triggered by emotional stress and that may be the more relevant issue when it comes to flare of this condition. If you are mostly suffering from the flushing and redness variant of rosacea you might find breath retention practices such as YMK and even SBP playing some role in increasing blood flow in the face. If you suffer more from the pimples on the face that would likely not be related to your practices and should respond to topical or oral antibiotics. I personally find siddhasana, kechari and SBP(especially when used with sambhavi mudra )the most energy intensifying practices. I find Samyama somewhat stabilizing but surprisingly powerful.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  3:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by interpaul
I personally find siddhasana, kechari and SBP(especially when used with sambhavi mudra )the most energy intensifying practices.

It does vary from person to person.

The breath moves a lot of energy, and breath retention is felt by many practitioners to be a powerful practice, but of course not everyone is exactly the same.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4375 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  4:45:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cato,

quote:
It was interesting to read that YMK is considered the most energy stimulating practice of those mentioned. Is there a kind of hierachy of practices concerning energy stimulation? It would be good to know to get the self-pacing right.

In general, I would say that spinal bhastrika is the most powerful energetic practice. After that, the practices which include breath retention (YMK and dynamic jalandhara). Then would come the mudras and bandhas and siddhasana. Then spinal breathing.

The self-pacing advice is to cut back on the last practice that you added on, as this is likely to be the cause of any energetic overload being experienced. If that does not work, then also cutting back on the practice added before that and so on.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Cato

Germany
225 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2020 :  2:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to try a pitta balancing diet, since this is recommended in other treads about rashes. Can anyone recommend a reliable source where foods etc. are listed in detail? The list in "Diet, shatkarmas and amaroli" is a good start, but leaves many questions. When you search the web, you find dozens of sources, but there are also many contradictory ones.

Would be nice if someone could give a source for a pitta balancing diet that is reliable and lists foods in detail.
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2020 :  02:00:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to this topic. I am not emotional person but AYP practices made me more soft and emotionally tender. They even sparked devotion in me that was not present before. So I like it and enjoy it. But if it was to much, that wohld be sign for self pacing. 7 rounds of YMK is a lot so reducing them makes sense to me. As for balancing pitta (I am full fire with skin problems) hit the aloe vera juice. It does miracles.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000