Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Mouth discomfort during/after pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SamsBoy

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2019 :  7:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Once again, this forum has been so helpful to me.

Since adding spinal breathing to my practice a few weeks ago, I have noticed a sensation in my mouth that occurs in DM. I am feeling pressure/discomfort in my top teeth, as if they are being pushed 'up'. Yes, it's strange and has occurred either during or following each spinal breathing (5-8 min before meditation) in my meditation and is then felt lightly at various times thru out the day. This might not be a result of spinal breathing, but it's the only thing I can think of that might be causing it, and I'm not loving it. BTW, I'm just doing the basic pranayama technique without the enhancements.

Any suggestions? Many thanks

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2019 :  02:40:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello SamsBoy

Strong sensations in the teeth are not uncommon throughout the process of purification.

It might be useful to you to review Lesson 15.
If the sensations distract you during sitting meditations, the 4th paragraph there tells you what to do.

If there is too much discomfort throughout the day, then self-pacing is in order.

Of course this is temporary, it will iron itself out in a while.

All the best

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Apr 27 2019 02:40:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

SamsBoy

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2019 :  10:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There it is! Thank you so much, BlueRaincoat.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000