Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Hearing Music in Throat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Deer Medicine

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2019 :  9:32:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am experiencing a new phenomenon of "hearing" music in my throat when listening to classical music. The music seems to be felt by the body instead of taken into the ears. It is a really pleasant. I was a classical musician for 13 years and never felt this way.

I am just wondering if this could be the opening of the vishuddi chakra? Are there any risks to being this open?

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2019 :  04:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Deer Medicine,

There is no risk to be open, if not uncomfortably. It is beautiful to experience music in the body and beyond. The practice of yoga opens up our senses inward in every way. Enjoy!

From own experience, I discovered the ability to hear/feel music on different levels (chakras) some years ago, this gave music beautiful new dimensions. It could be also funny. This weekend I was shopping with my daughter, and we were in a fashion store with loud music, the music came to me through the soles of my feet, it was like walking on champagne bubbles. I asked my daughter if she felt it too, but she did not.

On another note, there was an invitation some weeks ago to take part in chanting the 'Guru Gita' on a sundaymorning. Guru Gita (Song of the Guru) is a Hindu scripture, it takes one hour to chant this version. Some good musicians and most people who took part are chanting this regularly together. I decided to just listen, instead of reading and trying to take part.

It was a long and beautiful journey through every part of the body/ all chakra's, it ended at the crown. So powerful and impossible for me to sit still. An unforgettable divine experience.

Enjoy your daily practice

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 05 2019 04:22:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Deer Medicine

USA
8 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2019 :  12:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your response, Charliedog! That is wonderful to hear (no pun intended). I will continue to open to these new sensations and just go with the flow. I love that the music in the store came to you through your feet. What a wonderful feeling!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000