Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Dissolving Ego After Spontaneous Samadhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2019 :  07:57:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys my original samadhi experience can be found here:
https://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic...PIC_ID=16476

I decided to come back here again cause I still have unanswered questions.

One of the key things which I realized and experienced in my experience is that clean mind without ego that's going inwards equals Atman.

In other words Ego stands on the gate of unconsious / subconsious and conscious mind and protects itself from realizing atman. It is the one who chasing "experience" and wants to get enlightened. But in reality is quite the opposite. Enlightenment happens when you dissolve ego and mind becomes silent forever free from thoughts, needs, fears and desires.

For some time I thought that ego going to dissolve automatically but it came back. Now I understand what needs to be done in order to reach the enlightenment. Quiet the mind completely and bring unconsious mind into conscious awareness but the job is immense.

I read somewhere that conscious mind takes about 3-5% and the rest is subconsious and unconsious mind.

Many practices promote having focus on the feeling of I Am. but the way I see it. That feeling of I Am is covered with dirt of the ego - fears, thoughts, insecurities, needs, desires and so on.

So what can be the best way to start dissolving ego tendencies?

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  06:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nothingatall

So what can be the best way to start dissolving ego tendencies?

Practice and non-attachment.
Go to Top of Page

nothingatall

Lithuania
35 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  2:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just feel that EGO is such a strong structure that it's not gonna be enough by only practicing non attachment.

How do we fight with fears, insecurities, past traumas, future projections of the ego?
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2019 :  10:56:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nothingatall,

Here is what Patanjali writes in the Yoga Sutras:

1.12 Through practice and non-attachment, these [mental] activities are stilled.
1.13 Practice is the endeavor to become established in the state of yoga.
1.14 Yoga becomes firmly established through regular and respectful practice for a long time.
1.15 In the state of non-attachment, one is free from desire for objects, weather seen or heard of. This is the indication on the triumph of the Self.
1.16 The higher state of non-attachment is freedom from all change, which comes through the knowledge of the Self.

Or, to simplify, practice refers to the spiritual practices, like the ones describe in the AYP system. Meditation is the very core of yoga.

Non-attachment starts with questioning the daily judgements that we make: this is good/this is bad, I like this/I don’t like that, and so on. Learn to be ok with whatever comes your way. Open to the way life comes to you – do not judge it. Watch yourself go through life – and learn how you function. Yes, inner work is important - as you already know.

Do not fight anything, including the ego. What gets our attention grows. Thus, if we fight the ego, we in fact strengthen it. Not what you want to do, right? Anyway, what is this ego? Look at it. Love it. Make it your friend. Be curious about it, and see what happens.

Warm wishes
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2019 :  04:43:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi nothingatall,

You received with your experiences the glimpses of what life could be without the automatic structures we are holding onto. Now it is up to you, the AYP practices you find in the free lessons, books and AYPplus will eventually lead you to samadhi again. Reading through these lessons might answer some of your unanswered questions. Two times a day is the procedure, you can start here]

quote:
Many practices promote having focus on the feeling of I Am. but the way I see it. That feeling of I Am is covered with dirt of the ego - fears, thoughts, insecurities, needs, desires and so on.

We need a meditation practice as Blanche pointed out. We can not think ourselves free. With the daily practice of for instance AYP we develop inner silence (witness). If this inner silence becomes abiding, we are developing the ability to practice self-inquire and to loosen up and change the automatic structures and patterns in us.

Namasté
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000