Yoga, Career and Money
 Confusion about career choice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2019 :  12:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Namaste everyone.
I have been a practitioner and student of AYP for last six years. I hava read all the important AYP books many times over. They are different everytime i read . I also was very obese and depressed and got rid of these two conditions with AYP. Thank u Yogani. Once i became lean and muscular, i decided to start teaching AYP ( I was an assistant physics teacher before ). My yoga teaching career however has not been going as well as i expected. Maybe there is too much of 'yoga' here in India these days. Most people i talk with have not even heard about AYP. I have become a certified yoga teacher (from other tradition) and i have worked as a yoga teacher in a naturopathy centre. But as far as teaching core AYP is concerned, i have yet to make a lot of progress. I would love to teach AYP for free and even pay people if they are ready to learn. But then, although very limited i have my own financial needs. So i would like to get your opinion about how teaching yoga as a career is going to be in future (especially in India).
There is one more addition to this confusion. I am madly in love with physics. The only thing is that i don't feel like i am making much of a difference to the world by teaching physics. So i have kind of two wives, Yoga and physics. And i don't know which one i love more. Not to mention sooner or later i will get actually married and my financial needs will increase. May be all of you experienced ones can throw some light.
My own yoga practice is going on greatly.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2019 :  9:17:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Umang, welcome to the forum.

Teach physics. On the side, you can teach yoga. There is just too much competition.

Having said that, put your request out into the universe. All is well. At the right time, they will click.
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  04:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Teach physics. On the side, you can teach yoga. There is just too much competition.

Having said that, put your request out into the universe. All is well. At the right time, they will click.

Thank u Jusmailji for your wisdom. Yes, all is definitely well and i am in no hurry. I will do as you suggested. I can't stay away from both (Yoga and Physics) for a long time anyway. So i will teach physics and keep helping people with AYP, 'paying it forward' as yogani suggested.
I believe it is good that there is 'competition' in Yoga in India. It means sooner or later people will be ready for something like AYP. Till then let's keep working 'under the hood'.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  04:53:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Umang, welcome

You will attract the people who can learn from you, probably this is already happening. If you teach physics, you meet all kind of people and maybe the opportunity arises that you can teach yoga or start a meditation group. Where and when? Stay open to all possibilities.
Great to hear that you benefit the practice of AYP for six years already and that it changed your life!

Enjoy!

Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  11:05:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charliedog.

Yes, you are right about attracting people who can learn from me. Actually it can also be said that they are attracting me. How much inspiration and knowledge they attract is more a function of they being ready than what i can do for them. I attracted teachings of Yogani when i was ready. So I think it is better to keep practicing and being available to anyone who needs help and open to all possibilities as you suggest. As time will pass, more and more people will start practicing.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2019 :  12:58:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2019 :  10:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I made the career change. It is deeply satisfying to teach physics. I have also resumed my own reading of physics. Everything including my yoga practice appears to be going smoothly.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2019 :  11:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Umang
Great to hear that you are happy in your choice of career.

Physics is such a useful science. So many things that humankind has achieved because of physics. I think you are doing a service to your country and to the world by passing useful knowledge to younger generations. How is India to become an economic powerhouse without physics and engineering? Somebody has to teach it. And the fact that you enjoy doing it is wonderful.

Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2019 :  10:36:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, BlueRaincoat
I agree with you about physics being a very useful and fundamental science. I hope I will make a massive contribution to further advancement of our knowledge. As a child, I sought answers to my 'big questions' in physics. I found them in Yoga! I believe that a yoga practitioner has a huge advantage in any field. Firstly it helps to find the true calling and then it helps us to excel at it. The first lesson on meditation itself pointed out that quiet minds have great creativity and insight. I am very excited to to teach and study further. Many thanks to Yogani and everyone else here.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  03:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Umgang,

I love physics too. And I too sought answers through physics that I finally found in Yoga and now I find no difference between the two - Just yoga is a little ahead with physics catching up fast. I saw a very interesting documentary yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0ztlIAYTCU

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - May 02 2019 :  02:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Sey.

It is great. Very excited and inspired.
Go to Top of Page

Umang

India
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2019 :  10:00:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone.
There is a good news. Along with teaching physics, now I also am teaching AYP to the people of my city for free. I have completed my first session with the first batch. I am going to teach them DM, SBP, and postures in this small course of ten sessions. It is deeply satisfying to share Yogani’s teachings with them and I can do it for free because I am not financially dependent on it. Thank you all for your wonderful suggestions. Any advice regarding teaching AYP to beginners is welcome.
P.S. We bought a new home and it’s just perfect for teaching yoga. Things are falling into place so very neatly.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2019 :  11:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool. I also got to introduce AYP to a group of 80 persons last Saturday. I was invited to lead a meditation session at the start of a conference on self-empowerment. Largest group I ever got to talk to.

I also manifested my dream job two weeks ago - conservation volunteer on one of Seychelles islands; it is the equivalent of the Tibetan cave for me. I get to count little turtles that are hatched each day, keep track of endemic bird population for a roof over my head and meals. I would get plenty of time to meditate and live in silence. But no, I didn't take it. Many in another couple of years.

Sey

Edited by - SeySorciere on Dec 02 2019 11:43:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2019 :  3:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Umang&Sey
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1505 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2019 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2019 :  3:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

dietarydongguan

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2020 :  08:02:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

I agree with this suggestion, teach physics and teach yoga as part time
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000