Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 YMK (Yoni Mudra) Without Seals?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  11:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
During spinal breathing I naturally apply the root, stomach, throat and tongue lock along with kumbhaka. I am curious to know if it is "necessary" to close off the ears, eyes, nose, and mouth in Yoni mudra? And if I do not, will the practice be incomplete in some way? What has been your experiences?

Lkwthnu

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  1:08:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As a side note I have not experienced the star or any circular lights or scenes. Just some of what I assume to be hypnogogic blotches.

Update: Through experimentation there is definitely more ecstatic conductivity when simply plugging my nose for some reason, sealing that seems to really make a huge difference. Covering the eyes and mouth do nothing for me, the small nudge of eyes with the fingers is so minimal I'd rather just focus my eyes on the third without the mental and physical bother of placing my fingers there. The mouth is obviously already closed. But for the ears as in standard yoni mudra there seems to be a light ecstatic pressure at the medulla when I close them, it also allows me the chance to listen to inner sounds of OM or astral sounds from the chakras.

So it seems in my experience that the main benefit within yoni mudra concerning the finger positions is really in sealing the nose and ears, both of which air can come through. I am not too sure why Yogani did not include sealing the ears in the description of Yoni Mudra.. any thoughts or comments?

Edited by - Lkwthnu on Nov 12 2018 8:08:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2018 :  07:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lkwthnu,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your experience.

Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka is more powerful to clean and open the third eye when the eyes, nose, and mouth are closed, so the prana does not go outwards, but it is directed up, toward and through the third eye. Closing the ears has a minimal effect, and this is probably the reason the lessons do not mention it. The effect of YMK is even more potent when:

-the tongue is on the roof of the mouth, at the place where the hard and the soft palate meet, or in kechari mudra;
-the chin comes down toward the chest (jalandhara bandha – the chin lock);
-the breathing is held on full (after inhalation), while allowing the pressure from the lungs to come up in the nasal cavity.

For me, YMK "turned on the light" and it stays on - one hundred suns shining inside. It is an incredibly powerful practice.

Let us know here how your YMK is going.
Best wishes

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000