Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sensation on right side of head
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MadeMyOwnDrum

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2018 :  6:29:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello!

I've been practicing AYP for 1 year, with several years of Transcendental Meditation previous.

For a few months I've been having a strange sensation on the right side of my head , forward of the ear, above the hairline, and behind the temple. It is not painful, but kind of like a pressure or tension. Sometimes, during DM, it "releases" with a very pleasant sensation rippling down the right side of the body, particularly the right hip.

This has been persistent for over 4 months now. It isn't really a problem, but seems strange to me, so I wanted to post it here.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, or know something I should do with this?

My practice is currently a few min of asanas, 10 min spinal Breathing (heart breathing the last 2 weeks) with sambhavi and mulabanda, 20 min DM, and occasionally samyama to follow. I've added yoni mudra kumbaka a few times but backed off to maintain stability.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  02:32:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nothing to worry. These are scenery. They come and go like seasons.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2018 :  3:25:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello MadeMyOwnDrum

Nice to hear from you again. You're building up your practice nicely.

quote:
Originally posted by MadeMyOwnDrum

For a few months I've been having a strange sensation on the right side of my head , forward of the ear, above the hairline, and behind the temple. It is not painful, but kind of like a pressure or tension. Sometimes, during DM, it "releases" with a very pleasant sensation rippling down the right side of the body, particularly the right hip.

This has been persistent for over 4 months now. It isn't really a problem, but seems strange to me, so I wanted to post it here.

Has anyone experienced anything similar, or know something I should do with this?

It's a sign of some energy movement and increased awareness as a result of your practice. As Jusmail already said, these purification symptoms come and go. If they become uncomfortable, you will need to self pace, but that is not the case. So nothing to worry about for now.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

MadeMyOwnDrum

USA
7 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  6:07:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the reassurances y'all. The "experiences" have gotten a lot more intense since my last post, but still managable, (except for a few instances of irritability. I'm doing more rest after more intense meditations).

While I was re-reading one of the bhakti lessons at work today, I was inspired to ask the universe for guidance on choosing an ishta to use for heart breathing, while clicking the "random article" button on Wikipedia. The resulting article was Om Parvat, a mountain on the border between India and Nepal whose snow pattern looks like the Om symbol. I'm not sure how to use that as an Ishta, but I thought that was a really cool result and wanted to share.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000