New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  06:01:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read through a couple more times - samyama is supposed to be closed units of "release events" to my understanding.
You are in Stillness, you pick (action verb, even if barely) up a sutra and release (back in Stillness) - you wait 15s (open waiting), sutra stirs, you pick up again and release (open Stillness again)

Sey
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  11:08:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sey,

I do go off in thought flows in Samyama. I have no body reference, no energy body to reference. Mind is still possible. I'm unlocated space. Samyama time, I am the thought flow. Complete space, or silence, or stillness in the thought flow. I'm moving, but I'm not.. It's superbliss! How do you go back to silence when you never left? It just starts moving, and you move.

My opinion is the shift of attention. There's something there. We are moving and not moving. And we can be not moving and moving at the same time. It's like a lack of trying to shift attention. I'm to far gone to try to do anything.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  01:36:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have read through a couple more times - samyama is supposed to be closed units of "release events" to my understanding.
You are in Stillness, you pick (action verb, even if barely) up a sutra and release (back in Stillness) - you wait 15s (open waiting), sutra stirs, you pick up again and release (open Stillness again)

Hi Sey,

Yes, that's right. AYP Samyama practice is a "touch and release" practice, so we touch lightly upon the sutra at a faint level and release immediately into silence. Then after 15 seconds, pick it up again and release. And so on...

quote:
My opinion is the shift of attention. There's something there. We are moving and not moving. And we can be not moving and moving at the same time. It's like a lack of trying to shift attention. I'm to far gone to try to do anything.

Hi Lalow,

If you are not able to do anything in samyama practice, then simply wait until you are able to do something and then pick up the next sutra and release it into silence. Then again you may find yourself back in a space where you are unable to do anything and that is O.K.. Then again, when you are able to do something, you pick up the sutra and release it.

In this way, if you have the time, samyama can go on for quite some time and that is O.K. It can even last for more than an hour. If you are short on time, then you can end the session after 10 or 20 minutes depending on what your usual timing for samyama is.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

yo_gi

Germany
47 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  08:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like spots on a line instead of a row of bars... is more what i meant... ... with tribute to the confusion
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2018 :  12:26:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@Yogi

@Lalow - Yes! It lies with the attention .

Sey
Go to Top of Page

kechari

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - May 04 2019 :  04:52:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Friendliness/kindness (Samyama on friendliness itself): Samyama on friendliness towards another person who is friendly brings great strength of the attitude of friendliness. It is the feeling of friendliness itself that is the object of the concentration, meditation, and samadhi.

Last sentence should clear your question up, hope it helps.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000