Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Unity left me
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasonbal456

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2018 :  6:03:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi I'm new to AYP but I have been doing meditation since winter, and started pranayama more recently. A couple weeks ago I had a huge spike in progress, every night meditating I'd feel I'd get to a deeper and deeper consciousness, my baseline consciousness drastically changed. I felt a deeper connection looking into the eyes of other beings, more love, less social anxiety.But when meditating this deeply at this time, I felt surges of sickening bad energy threw my entire body unless I felt very grounded. I could stay with silence easily for quite some time. Also during this time. I'd do spontaneous yoga in the morning, which felt amazing. I had a mystical experience of seeing of vision of Jesus in the shower with his arms open to me as he said we are one. I felt his unconditional love and I coudn't help intensely crying from this feeling. I had thoughts of a big change coming and I was going to fully awaken, but I ignored them as wishful thinking. After meditating this turned into a knowing I was going to awaken soon. I meditated in bed one day/ worked threw basically all of my wordly attachments, I saw a vision of my past self, and strangely many naked women. I finally reached the infinite. I came out of it by my dad coming home from work in a grumpy mood. I felt something was very different. I went for a walk and I realized I am all things. It was an INTENSE change, I felt groundless, off, and a bit sick. I wanted to let go and live life in this but something in me didn't want to change so drastically. I stabalized myself enough and enjoyed unity, I was completly blissful. I remember going to the bathroom lol and it being such a beautiful experience because the bliss and oneness of the universe was so intense. I went to sleep and stayed very consciouss dreaming which was completely new. But as the next day went by slowly unity felt less close, my meditations werent as deep. I tried to get it back but trying made me go farther away. I had the intense acheing in my heart of leaving heaven. Fast forward a couple more days anxious thoughts that once plagued for a very long time crept in. I felt more acheing for experiencing something again I thought I beat for good. I'm in a better place right now, but definitely not in the state I was, I feel foggy, sometimes I have tension headaches. What has happened to me? What should do to keep progressing? What made me not be able to stabalize that heaven of conscioussness? Would love direction right now!

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2018 :  7:39:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. These are still early days; so expect ups and downs in your experiences, which of course, you are told, not to dwell upon. What does not change is permanent. Yearn for that rather than haven or heavens. Also, do I understand that you do nightly meditation? We are cautioned to avoid that here in AYP. Good luck
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2018 :  02:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi jasonbal and welcome I agree with jusmail in his reply.

Thank you for sharing your experiences. Could you share some more about your daily practice?

Take care not to overdo with practices, doing to much could lead to imbalance. Experiences could be very beautiful, we could enjoy them, but in the end it is how we feel in our daily life. That is where life happens. Experiences come and go....

If you look for direction on this beautiful journey, you can start reading here The lessons of Yogani might give you insight in your experiences and you can find a profound system of daily practices which can led you.

If you have questions about your AYP practice or experiences, this is the place to ask.

Have a smooth journey

Edited by - Charliedog on Jul 24 2018 02:10:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2018 :  5:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Fast forward a couple more days anxious thoughts that once plagued for a very long time crept in. I felt more acheing for experiencing something again I thought I beat for good. I'm in a better place right now, but definitely not in the state I was, I feel foggy, sometimes I have tension headaches. What has happened to me? What should do to keep progressing?

Peak experiences are usually followed by valleys, a rubber band cannot be stretched indefinately, it needs to slacken less it snaps. One should try to maintain a consistant practice, in duration and content, and if you have discomfort (foggy, headaches qualify) then dial back practice until you stabilize. Enjoy peak experiences and surrender them up rather than chasing or micromanaging them. Use them to get you to meditate regularly, know they are signs you are purifying inside, that you are on the right track, but don't expect them as regular visitors.

Can you tell us more about your daily meditation practice?
Go to Top of Page

jasonbal456

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2018 :  9:04:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for all your wonderful advice! For the questions about my daily practice I do 5 minutes of spinal breathing and 20 minutes of meditation once in the morning, and once at night. At the time of my peak experience I was doing many meditations through the day, ranging from 5 minutes to an hour with no real solid schedule.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2018 :  11:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Instead of night, make the evening meditation before dinner so that there is activity after meditation to ground you.
Go to Top of Page

jasonbal456

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2018 :  1:13:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice I'll try that.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000