Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Transmuting Sexual Desire
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rv_ayp

Czech Republic
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  7:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone, i meditate almost every day (silent mantra meditation) and i feel a progress being made to become less and less attached to wordly desires, objects or experiences and enjoy living a simpler life with less and less needs but more and more calmness. Feeling more content and happier with buying less, doing less, experiencing less.

My motto is - you do not need anything (material objects or experiences) or anybody (another being) to feel happy and blisfull, in every moment you already possess inside everything you need to feel blisfull and completely content and happy.

One of the hardest desires (wants) i cant seem to disolve or let go is i still feel strong need for sexual partner - an intimacy with another being.

When i see attractive women - my contentment and inner peacefull calmness bursts and my sexual energy and STRONG SENSE OF WANTING destroys the free and happy bliss.

On the other hand i do realise this sexual energy has intense potential for pleasure and sense of satisfaction and abudance and joy inside your body if it could be recycled inside your body without consumating it during sex or masturbation.

The energy itself could be experienced inside without the WANTING and NEEDING of another being. Ability to evoke and circulate this energy in your body SOLO could bring the benefits of pleasure and bliss without the dependancy and WANT and sense of LACK of another being.

First of all this energy is created completelly inside me so i should be theoretically able to generate it myself on demand and use it alone for my own benefit.

To turn it from a violent master that seeks out to consumate in sex with another being to very potent servant to use for my inner development in urban "monkhood".

Detach the potent feeling of inner pleasure from the outter trigger and catalyst and dependancy on another human.

To use term of Napoleon Hill to "transmute" the primal energy of sexual desire into spiritual vehicle that ultimatelly helps me to transcends itself - the sexual energy that is channeled inward to transcend the last WANT for physical sex with another being.

Any good practical resources ?

Edited by - rv_ayp on Jun 23 2018 7:31:49 PM

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  9:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
My motto is - you do not need anything (material objects or experiences) or anybody (another being) to feel happy and blisfull, in every moment you already possess inside everything you need to feel blisfull and completely content and happy.

One of the hardest desires (wants) i cant seem to disolve or let go is i still feel strong need for sexual partner - an intimacy with another being.

When i see attractive women - my contentment and inner peacefull calmness bursts and my sexual energy and STRONG SENSE OF WANTING destroys the free and happy bliss.

Welcome rv

I agree everything you need is inside, and your practice over time does indeed fuel itself within. In strong states of ecstatic conductivity, I feel a strong connection many times between my root and my nasal cavity, and the sensation of ascending essence. But I think it is a false choice between this and the need for the touch of another. When desire rears up you breathe it up, you own it, you circulate it. It is a call from deep inside, allow the arousal it produces, be in it. If your heart compels you to reach out to another, why not? Desire does not destroy bliss, it compliments it. Wanting another is nothing you have to run from really.

It is true there is loss in sharing fluids with another, or with yourself, but that is a temporary setback of days over the long term. If you have an intent of brahmacharya and the discipline to succeed 75% of the time, you're doing all right.

Self inquiry might be helpful when desire rises up, and you take the time to consider what is this desire? why does it trouble me so?

Pursuing yoga gives you the insight to know that arousal is a tool you use as you prepare your neurobiology for enlightenment, so you are already ahead of the typical human that wishes to sow seed far and wide. Instead of vanquishing "want", perhaps you should invite it in and get to know it better.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2018 :  10:52:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 24 2018 :  06:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello rv
quote:
Originally posted by rv_ayp
i meditate almost every day (silent mantra meditation) and i feel a progress being made to become less and less attached to wordly desires, objects or experiences and enjoy living a simpler life with less and less needs but more and more calmness.

You are making great progress.

I second Dogboy's view. There is a balance between wishing for progress and accepting that we are where we are. Transcending the need for physical intimacy requires many years of practice. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with physical intimacy as long as we don't hurt others.

How long have you been practicing meditation? And have you added any other techniques to your yoga routine? You are not saying if you are practising by the AYP method. Have you read the lessons on this website?

All the best

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Jun 24 2018 07:05:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

HathaTeacher

Sweden
382 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  4:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Long story short, I'm neither afraid that alcohol-free beers will make me a wino, nor that non-ejaculatory lovemaking will make me a sex addict.
As long as your main "addiction" is to performing the set of AYP practices (while self-pacing), you're on track. Ideally, withdrawal from addiction to the world should be an effect of one's practice, not the other way round.

A key principle of yoga (Ahimsa) is to avoid wrestling with the body's or mind's resistance, but to repeatedly apply the practices as workarounds (to gradually soften up that resistance). Persistence, rather than pushing.

My 2 cents.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2018 :  5:24:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rv AYP,

quote:
To use term of Napoleon Hill to "transmute" the primal energy of sexual desire into spiritual vehicle that ultimatelly helps me to transcends itself - the sexual energy that is channeled inward to transcend the last WANT for physical sex with another being.

Any good practical resources ?

The Tantra lessons on this website are all about how to preserve and cultivate sexual energy and to transmute it, raising it up through the body so that it is transformed into higher energies and substances. This happens both during the act of lovemaking and in daily life. The AYP Tantra book covers the same material in more depth and on the AYP Plus site, there are 23 lesson additions to the main Tantra Lessons.

Another book that you may find useful is the Secrets of Wilder novel. It is a book about a young couple who go on a spiritual journey together, making use of advanced level Tantric sexual practices, as well as the other limbs of yoga.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000