Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Correct Approach?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amitraghat

India
37 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2018 :  03:06:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm posting after a long time. I want to share something and it is this.
I sit in Siddhasana,inhale deeply and contract the anus deeply. I "push" the energy upwards and I feel it rushing up my spine and going up to the crown. I hold the contraction with my breath stopped while my eyes are focused on the Ajna chakra. Problem is, I want to prolong this but I can't. Also, I don't know what is happening. Is this Kundalini movement? I'm sure it is not. But I don't seem to be progressing. Sometimes I feel very depressed and defeated. I've been doing hath yoga since the last about five years but I don't think I've progressed much. Please help.

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2018 :  03:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Amitraghat

What are your practices at the moment?
Are you practicing AYP? I see you have posted in the forums before, so you are probabaly somewhat familiar with AYP. On the other hand, the "pushing the energy upwards" you are describing is not an AYP practice. We don't push the energy anywhere. No wonder you are not getting any progress from it.

Please describe your practice in detail, including the meditation you are doing (are you practicing I AM meditation?) And how far have you got through the lessons? Have you been adding practices in the order indicated by Yogani?

Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2018 :  06:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Amitraghat,

The practice you describe has to do more with the energetic side. If you only practice this, it is like trying to walk using only one leg. It is easier to walk using both legs, the same way we make more progress when we cultivate both inner silence through meditation and ecstatic conductivity through spinal breathing and other energetic practices. If you have to choose one thing to practice, focus on deep meditation.

The feelings of depression and being defeated are signs of inner blockages. They might have to do with emotional life, maybe trauma, or they might have to do with your expectations, the stories you tell yourself. Whatever it is, only you can discover, acknowledge, heal, let go. When these emotions come up, look at them and inquire: "What is this about?" "What are you trying to teach me?" "What do I need to learn?" Running away or avoiding the problem is what makes things worse.

Best wishes

Edited by - Blanche on Jun 10 2018 08:47:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000