New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dogboy

USA
2193 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2018 :  10:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2018 :  4:40:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by FakeYogi
I have been going and going with will power alone, seeing nothing at all coming out.

What other AYP practices have you taken up, FakeYogi, on top of mantra meditation?
I imagine you have been doing spinal breathing, Mulabandha, Sambhavi Mudra and Siddhasana. What is your yoga routine at the moment?
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  04:14:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After one year of AYP, I am grateful that AYP is slowly changing me for the best version.

Blockages and pains come to my consciousness one after the other and I see how I have to change my bad thought habits. So many.

For me, it is the witness, even it is not the true AYP meaning.

I have a better intuition, better relationships. Most of the time, I can stop to react with my ego and can look, laugh at it. I’m feeling more joy and peace in everyday life. I’m on a journey of “Being” myself in the best version. Before I was on a journey of “how to be the best from the other points of view”.

I really don’t care about Enlightenment (and all this things). At the beginning, it was my goal to have more pleasure, more wonderful states, more ecstatic conductivity. Not now. The gift of meditation is inner silence seconds/minutes during meditation with fine conductivity, and this peace and joy in everyday life. Ok, not every day. Sometimes, meditations or life situations are very difficult and painful. But I know it’s the process.

Don’t run after something. Just be here and now.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  06:07:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Capucine,

Thank you for sharing your quiet joy of equanimity and discrimination.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  06:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  06:56:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Don’t run after something. Just be here and now.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2018 :  11:48:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It's simpler than the hundreds of words that have been said about it. There's some constant thing(no thing) that experiences your whole life. That's the witness, but eventually, that fades away to the happening. That's about it. Got nothing more. Good luck, you Fakeyogi!

And I've posted many times in this thread, So I give up. Let's just make the simplest thing, the most complicated thing.

Edited by - lalow33 on Aug 04 2018 02:47:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Beehive

USA
117 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2018 :  7:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
@fakeyogi... I am by no means a yoga expert, so much so that i almost hate to comment... but i won't let that stop me! I do think it would be unfortunate for you to have your situation characterized as your obstructions being too tough for AYP to crack. And I think you have the answer to your situation in your statement that 'what if the Buddhist monks were not wrong". You are curious. Maybe something else might help. So give it a try! AYP isn't meant (in my opinion) to be an oppresive obligation. Your curiousity has arisen and you should go follow it a bit. AYP has obviously given you a lot of something or you wouldn't have stayed this long. And, in every single thing I have ever seen Yogani write he has said "the guru is in you". So above all his advice seems to be to listen to yourself.

I came here and to spirituality in general in a massive state of difficulty. I wrote to Yogani who lovingly responded that Yes, meditation would take care of everything over time but that as I got into practice all kinds of help would come my way.

There have been many times, because I didn't know what I was doing, that I pushed thru with mantra meditation. Sometimes I find serious resistance to mantra meditation like it is very irritating to my nerves. I finally started listening to that and doing breath meditation and some breathing exercises. And I do AYP when I can.

Any way, the point isn't that you should try what I did, but that you could listen to what's coming up for you and follow that. The ability to see for myself what might be good for me has been one of the many benefits that of AYP.

And just from a logical point of view, there can't be ONE perfect way. I totally get your frustration. Frustration shows up many ways for me, too. But maybe try to let go of attaching it to AYP and pat yourself on the back that you can see maybe it's time to branch out for a bit for yourself.

Good luck. I too think that if you are earnest in your spiritual path it should certainly be providing you some sort of fulfillment.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2018 :  05:21:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm thinking of the opposite of what you said. I've been doing AYP since 2006, that's a very long period and yet I don't think I have a witness arisen in me. Recent several months I consistently black out during meditation, with no awareness of any kind, and I suspect I'm at a road block. I'm starting to think that for some people like me, mantra meditation doesn't go all the way by itself, and perhaps some conscious training of the mind, like one of the Buddhist methods might actually help. I have lately been very sad thinking of this fact, that I have been so dedicated and yet only wasting time with no progress for years. Fyi other persons like TibetanIce in the past also have felt that Ayp is not perfect and I'm starting to agree. In Ayp we are doing mantra meditation and expect the mind to clear itself and the witness to arise with no active involvement from us, but it isn't happening to me. What if the witness requires a little more active help to make it come out, what if the Buddhist monks were not wrong? Blacking out consistently during meditation doesn't seem right to me, I thought it would pass and I would start remaining aware during deep meditation, but it isn't happening. And needless to say I don't seem to be bringing out much silence into daily life either. This is really stressing me out. Even Yogani in his lessons says you start seeing results and it motivates you to keep up a twice-daily schedule, otherwise why bother, but I have been going and going with will power alone, seeing nothing at all coming out.

Hi Fakeyogi,

As BlueRC says, some people do have particularly stubborn blockages that can take years to shift. So, be patient with yourself. You may well have spent hundreds of lifetimes accumulating these blockages, so a few decades to clear them out, is really very little in the scheme of things. It is quite miraculous really.

Some people do experience blackouts during meditation. It can happen as the mind is beginning to calm down and become silent. It is a good sign of progress.

The witness is when you are able to perceive things arising and passing away in the mind without getting caught up in them, attached to them, or identified with them. You are simply "witnessing them" as they are. Whenever something arises, you easily favour the mantra with your attention. Simple as that. If you are doing that much, then you are meditating correctly and the process will work as it should.

If you black-out during meditation, then when you are conscious again, you pick up the mantra, repeating it easily in the mind and favouring it with your attention, whenever you notice that you are not doing so.

Good things are happening.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000