Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini active up to heart chakra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

skunktara

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  6:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I’ve been practicing kundalini mediation for about two and a half months now. I’ve always considered myself a deeply spiritual person, I grew up with Vajrayana Buddhist parents, so I have never been a stranger to eastern philosophy, but also my background is in science and I have never been one to be attracted to “woowoo” stuff like “chakras” and “energies.” It was really strange how I came to kundalini meditation, I woke up one day and I felt different, like clearheaded and just, for a lack of a better word, connected. I don’t know how I came to this conclusion but I realized that energy work is what I needed to focus on in my life.
Since that day, I have been obsessed, gobbling up all the literature I can read about this subject and meditating and doing yoga everyday. It’s been in the last month that I’ve started to really feel like I’m finally getting in touch with my more subtle energy body. I went through a pretty emotional and hard few weeks filled with anxiety and this imminent sense of foreboding doom within my first month of practicing. I have always been a pretty well adjusted, happy, confident person and it really rocked my world when it was happening. I am now aware that this is a common occurrence when opening the lower chakras and I feel I have at least mostly moved beyond that phase. Before that experience, I was really trying to raise my kundalini as fast and as intensely as possible, but since then I am much more focused on being really kind and careful with myself in not overdoing this type of practice, because I am largely without guidance. I now see how this type of practice can really mess up your world if you’re not ready for it.

Anyway, as I said earlier, I was really trying to focus on getting a very solid foundation on my three lower chakras, at least until I found someone who could guide me a bit. This was going well for awhile, until, oops, my kundalini rose to my heart chakra, totally naturally and unsolicited. So, I think I must have been ready for it.
I now feel like the energy in my body up to my heart is getting stronger and stronger. I feel energy in my spine almost all the time if I bring my attention to it, and a lot of the time, especially in the mid afternoon, my energy seems to stir completely on it’s own even if I’m not practicing. My current daily practice consists of a lot of basal breathing, which I do at pretty much every opportunity I get, and I try to do at least 30 mins of meditation/yoga a day. I often times do more than that. I find that yoga really activates my energy.

I guess after all that, my question is, AM I ACTUALLY FEELING KUNDALINI ENERGY??? I feel like my experience honestly has been so mellow. Pretty much all of the accounts of kundalini activation seem really intense, and I’m just not getting any super intense experiences, like visions of light or exctacy or anything like that. I definitely feel physically energy in my spine and other parts of my body that I’ve never experienced before, and I definitely have times of very pleasant, calmness, but mostly I just feel much more calm than I’ve been. When are the feelings of deep profound feelings love, acceptance and understanding going to come???? I just feel like my experience has happened so fast, and besides that few week period of feeling pretty sh*tty a lot, I feel it has happened so easily so far.

Also, no one I’ve seen has really talked about kundalini only being active in part of your body like I feel right now. As I said I really only feel it up to my heart, but being there it feels like it is at least fairly active almost all the time up to that point. Is this possible?
Thank you all

Love Lela

Edited by - AYPforum on Apr 27 2018 7:04:14 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2018 :  7:04:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2018 :  01:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Lela, welcome to the AYP forum

Thank you for sharing. Your devotion to your spiritual path is touching.

Yes, it probably is kundalini energy that you are starting to be aware of. It can be felt at different levels of intensity. Of course people with more dramatic experiences are more likely to talk about them. That might give the impression that the onset of kundalini has to be dramatic. It doesn't. In fact, it is better that it isn't. Dramatic experiences can be disabling. The ideal case scenario is a smooth and steady awakening. It's a long journey, so steadiness wins the day.

It's important to know that kundalini is only half of the equation. The other half is called different things in different traditions - the Witness, Shiva, God the Father, etc. In AYP we call it Inner Silence. If the energy (Kundalini) gets too far ahead of the Silence, you can experience a lot of turbulence. It will not be a balanced awakening. It is better to lead with the Silence. If there is enough silence, the energy will rise. That is the best formula.

quote:
Originally posted by skunktara
When are the feelings of deep profound feelings love, acceptance and understanding going to come???? I just feel like my experience has happened so fast, and besides that few week period of feeling pretty sh*tty a lot, I feel it has happened so easily so far.

Those feelings are there, but they are buried under a lot of emotional dross we all accumulate in our unconscious state. It takes time to clean up the dross. Then the love will begin to shine through.

I know you have a lot of questions. It would be a very long post trying to answer all of them. But the answers are already written down. I would suggest you read the AYP lessons. See the "Start Lessons Here" link on the left of this window. You will get a lot of answers about the stages of awakening and how it works, about self-pacing - a very important part of your practice. If you have questions about what you read in the lessons, you can always ask them here.

All the best
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000