Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Shedding Skin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  6:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Has anyone noticed their skin shedding? When my kundalini is more active, I've noticed that my skin sheds a lot. For instance, the calluses on my hands will peel for no reason.

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  6:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,

My skin sheds more in the forehead. It is said that kundalini uses up quite a lot of the body's nutrients, which is described on the Biology of Kundalini website: http://biologyofkundalini.com/
So, in the case of shedding skin, that could be a vitamin A deficiency, which could potentially be caused by kundalini using up more of it.
Go to Top of Page

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  7:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The impurities in your body comes out from your skin........I broke out with lots of pimples on my lower back..........
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  7:10:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!

I will do a test on the vitamin A deficiency idea by adding cod liver oil into my diet.
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
The principle of purification is 'heating', as I have always understood it; a little like muddy water being heated so that the clear water evaporates and the gross stuff is left behind. The 'heating' principle, or purification practices when done a bit fast may cause rashes, boils, pimples... maybe peeling skin. (I think that's what happened in the extreme to Wilder in the book). In groups I've participated I've noticed this happening to some people.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sadhak,

Yes that does seem to be the case. I actually got a mild sunburn on my stomach (redness plus some dryness) the other day. It's winter where I live, and I don't go to tanning salons...so I found that to be quite odd.

I don't want to rule out a possible vitamin deficiency, so I'm definitely trying adding more vitamin A.
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2006 :  10:53:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again Scott,

I looked up some more information about vitamins and skin and found that dry or flaky skin can be caused by deficiency of any of these vitamins: A, B2, B3, B6, C and E. But it's less likely to be deficient in the B's because they are found in fairly good amounts in most common foods (and C if we eat fruit and greens), so maybe A and E could be good to try.

Edited by - weaver on Nov 22 2006 10:59:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Swami Vajra

42 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  02:17:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Swami Vajra's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you considered increasing your water intake?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  02:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Weaver! Very helpful.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  02:59:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All

I second Swami Vajra!
What helped me most during my "sunburns" and "eczema" was indeed to increase the water intake. I increased it with 2-3 litres pr day.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  08:05:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Swami Vajra,

That may be it. I have only been drinking one liter a day, when I am used to 4. I will also up it to 3, along with adding the extra vitamins, and see. Thanks very much!

EDIT: I want to add that I didn't see Swami's post last night for some reason.

Edited by - Scott on Nov 23 2006 08:14:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  2:20:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Scott,
I lose large amounts of skin every day. I have to wash very often. I put it down to purification happening due to kundalini. For some reason my body seems to get rid of toxins very fast now. Could be the same is happening to you? I second the water idea.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  4:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Okidoki... Now I understand where my sudden eczema comes from, and my sudden thirst!

THANKS for bringing the subject up!

I'm so in to psychosomatics so I just assumed I was stressed because of my unconscious emotions, but it is probably several processes going on here... Nice to know!
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2006 :  4:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc

Yes
Every time I had a major insight...or breakthrough...it would be followed by tremendous thirst. I would drink constantly for about three days in a row. Even then, my tounge would feel dry and swollen...
I never felt the heat back then, though.

So....be sure to drink enough water. After all....we all belong to the same ocean
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  12:10:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sigh, all these drying, hot insights! Yogis have to have a tiny streak of masochism to keep at it doggedly.

BTW does anyone get all sorts of aches, pains, catches, associated with yoga, or is it just my skeleto-muscular system crumbling?
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  05:52:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
sadhak
personally I've put it down to old age, I'd be delighted to hear it yoga
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  2:57:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle

You sparkle
Go to Top of Page

sadhak

India
604 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2006 :  9:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit sadhak's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sparkle,
Don't want to be aging this early, and this way... would really like to hear it's yoga... that's why I keep desperately asking... and will continue to.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  05:17:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sadhak,
In my experience when ones shakti is awake it exagerates any previous injuries or suspect joints etc.These symptoms come and go leaving us in better physical shape.The shakti gives us what we need.As far as water goes I need to drink water even after only a few minutes of meditation.It's due to the heat created by the energy produced in meditation.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2006 :  2:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste everyone!

As a Primary Health Care Provider and Energy Healer of long experience, I would like to offer another perspective here in contrast to the 'cleansing' and 'detoxing' view.

Where blood and/or prana energy circulation is in any way impeded or blocked in its normal course of movement within the blood vessels or the energy nadis, it increases in volume at the points of obstruction, and becomes stagnant at these points. The resulting localized excess of blood and prana stimulates the adjacent nerve trunks to send neurological signals to the muscles....directing them, along with their connective tendons and ligaments, to constrict and contract constantly to some degree. Before long, the nerve trunks become inflammed from constant 'firing'.....and the musculo-skeletal tissues become exhausted and oxygen depleted from the constant constriction and contractions. They will then begin to spasm regularly if not relieved.

For most people, this unfortunate chain of command results in sore, aching muscles, tendons, and ligaments, as well as reduced flexibility and range of motion. Occaisional sharp 'shooting' pains of increased intensity will soon follow as these tissues begin to spasm. As long as the impediments or blockages remain, the excessive nerve and muscle actions continue to occur indefinitely with the same results.....daily soreness and pain.

For most people, such blockages and impediments to the normal, free flowing movement of the blood and prana are most likely to be located at the sites of previous external trauma injuries to the body. This would include those places on the body where a serious burn, bruise, cut, or wound was previously received, since these kinds of injuries usually produce some degree of scar tissue and adhesions which remain internally long after the injuries heal externally. Additionally, blood vessels which were compromised in the injury sufficiently to generate a serious bruise and swelling, often remain abnormally crimped thereafter, or become blocked to some degree from localized masses of dead blood cells remaining inside the blood vessel even after the 'black and blue' of the bruise has disappeared and apparently healed.

Practices that motivate an increased movement of blood and prana internally, such as yoga and pranayama or tai-chi chuan and chi-kung, will quickly reveal the physical locations of internal impediments and blockages as greater overall circulation of the blood and prana throughout the body is activated in response to the exercises and breathwork. With regular, consistent practice, however, these impediments and blockages usually resolve themselves as blood pressure lowers and blood vessels increase in diameter to handle increased flow, and as prana moving within the nadis removes their obstructions through increased volume of flow.

So, unless the pain and discomfort attending the practices is serious enough to consider seeking professional help, everything should gradually normalize with continued, gentle practice.

Hari Om!

Doc

Edited by - Doc on Nov 25 2006 2:58:11 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000