Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Om placement during spinal breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fruition

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  04:21:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After having spent several months practicing SBP the standard AYP way,root to brow,imagining a thin thread,I decided to practice mentally saying Om for each chakra,while still maintaining shambhavi mudra,totaling 6 Om's going up, and 6 going back down.

I don't visualize the chakras or their colors,just attention on the "feel" of their placement along the spine, beginning at the perineum then up the spine. With the last Om ending at the brow on inhalation going up,and the last Om ending at the root on exhalation going down. I know this isn't the AYP standard,but since doing this,the feel of traveling in the spine has been tangible,whereas before there wasn't much, if any, "feel" along the spine. I've also noticed a marked improvement in ecstatic bliss. What I would call sustained "happy' inner silence throughout the day. Also more clarity or "clearer" thinking.

Has anyone else tried this and gotten tangible results?

Currently I'm using:
siddhasana posture

shambhavi mudra
SBP with "om placement" up and down with breath
bhastrika 2 min.
2 yoni mudra kumbhaka
Deep Meditation "I am" mantra 20-25 min.

Edited by - fruition on Mar 25 2018 04:26:51 AM

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  05:54:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi fruition,

What you are doing is seriously doubling up. Keep an eye on overload. It is your own experiment, not AYPstandard, as you already said yourself. There are many practices, but if you are not an experienced practitioner (many years) then it is advised to combine and choose from the AYP practices, because DM is so powerful.

If you are looking for new practices (tools) and wish to stay with the AYProutine and receive advice about them here at the forums, have a look for samyama or cosmic samyama, this might be the moment to add them.

PS To learn about your system, add one practice a time and see what it brings you over the weeks, months, before adding something else. Of-course self-pace when needed.

Smooth journey!

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 25 2018 06:09:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

fruition

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2018 :  10:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charliedog for taking the time to answer my question.
I'm open to all advice,so no need to worry about "disturbing any feelings" .

"Several months" means I've been doing the AYP method for a little over a year. I've had the same routine as above,with the exception of Yoni Mudra,for around 14 months. Just recently,about a week ago, did I add the "om placement" technique to the SBP.

It's the same as before,maintaining sambhavi while tracing from root to brow and back down. I experimented with visualizing/imagining the thread,the tube,thin light,but none of it felt natural. Neither did visualizing the chakras and their colors. So,I adopted the "jump" method,ending up at the brow or root at the end of the breath and did this for the past 8 months or so.

I was getting tired of having to use the "jump" method,and really wanted to get the feel of traveling the spine. So I decided to try the kriya technique of mentally saying Om where the 6 chakras are located along the spine.Just feeling the vibration with attention at each point. It's not distracting from maintaining sambhavi,and there's no "try hard" visualizing. After about 3 days,I finally began to feel movement of either breath or prana up and down the spine. Either way,I'm now able to travel,or feel the travel,of the full spine from root to brow,rather than having to use the "jump" method or visualization.

Breathing is the same,smoothe up and down,no pauses with the Om. And,as of yet,no ill effects . I'll probably cut out the bhastrika for a while as a precaution,since adding the Yoni Mudra.

We'll see how this goes for a while.It's been pretty good so far, but I'll keep a 3rd eye , out for overload
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2018 :  07:22:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000