Healthcare - Holistic and Modern
 Hatha Yoga Cleansing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  4:29:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
Can I get advise on what cleansing techniques should be done daily,
and what should be done seasonally please?

thanks
K

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2018 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karen,

I would not say that there are any yogic cleansing techniques that should nescessarily be done daily. It really depends on the person and what stage of practice they are at.

Tongue scraping could be done once or even twice a day, if it is needed that often, or less if it is needed less. Nasal passage cleansing (jala neti) can be done daily if it is needed. The same would go for kapalbhati, amoroli and basti. Navi kriya can be practiced every day, if you have reached that point in the lessons.

The only shatkarma that should really only be done on a seasonal basis, is dhauti. This is because it strips everything from the stomach and the small and large intestines, including a lot of the good bacteria that are in there. It takes quite some time to replace that. 3 or 4 times a year would be a good maximum frequency for dhauti, and less often than that is also quite normal.

There is more on the frequency of the shatkarmas in these lessons:

Lesson 275 - Navi Kriya - The Middle Way

Lesson 312 - Shatkarmas, Bodily Purification and Enlightenment

Lesson 313 - Cleansing of Mouth, Nasal Passages and Sinuses

Lesson 314 - Colon Cleansing

Lesson 315 - Intestinal Wash

Lesson 316 - More Shatkarmas and Overall Guidelines

There is more information in the AYP book on Diet, shatkarmas and amaroli.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2018 :  5:26:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Christi
thank you for this information, I really appreciate it.
I will check out the Navi Kriya,
any ideas on how to cleanse the audio path way?
I know candle gazing is good for the eyes but I have yet to find a way to clear my auditory channel
wishing you well
KV
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  1:02:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karen,

I am not aware of any particular yogic shatkarma related to cleaning the ears.

In general, the yogic cleansing techniques are related to aspects of practice. So, they are not a general guide to cleaning the body, but are specific techniques for cleaning particular parts of the body that are necessary for the practice of yoga, especially during the intermediate stages of yoga practice.

It is important to keep the ears clean, but not specifically for the practice of yoga.

Christi

Go to Top of Page

KarenVic

Canada
67 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  1:23:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi
I dont mean a physical cleansing of the ear but the auditory pathway itself.
Thanks anyway
Karen
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4373 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  3:35:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Karen,

That is what I was referring to- the external auditory meatus.

Sorry to not be able to help.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  3:56:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi KarenVic,

How about listening to sattvic music, or be in silence for some time, spend time in nature, at sea. Sound influences the whole system.
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2018 :  4:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by KarenVic

Hello Christi
thank you for this information, I really appreciate it.
I will check out the Navi Kriya,
any ideas on how to cleanse the audio path way?
I know candle gazing is good for the eyes but I have yet to find a way to clear my auditory channel
wishing you well
KV

You can check Nada Yoga, it works via external and internal sounds.
Also chanting might do the job.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000