Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 jerking out of my body, deep meditation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  5:16:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello people of ayp. i have so much going on i don't know where to begin so i'll just put forth one theme for now,
during deep meditation (done lots sporadically over life now practicing ) post spinal breathing (1 week into that) ,
in deep meditation which is coming quite easily, i.e. awareness of moments that i wasn't aware.. i can find myself in what feels like a very empty silence but the emptiness is quite eerie and i'mm silently, comfortably there, but i feel a little dead there, as if i'm waiting on something or someone , it's not a blissful place. not scary either though.
This feels like a kind of hyper-conscious state of nothingness!
my other experience i want to mention; I feel as though i'm totally asleep and my body is flopped forward or about to keel right over, or is jerking yet also i know i have not moved a hair...
twice now, i jerked right out of myself and felt myself to be by the side of me.. I'm very good at steering back to the mantra, i don't play with workings of my mind, i focus on the ego-less task.
Another thing - i always have a high pitched tone or hum in my ears, for about a year and a half now, but during the eclipse on wednesday the noise became overwhelmingly load and vibrational, it felt pretty violent at me, usually the hum dies away from my attention, but the high pitch seems to be getting a piercing quality i don't enjoy!
peace and happines x

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  12:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Lunalesa
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like your practice is going well. It is normal to go through the various experiences you have mentioned above - as long as they are not too uncomfortable. If they become too much, you should self-pace.
I encourage you to read through the lessons as there is a lot covered in there.

Best of luck on your path

Sey
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  05:28:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the AYP forum Lunalesa

I second Sey - read the lessons on self-pacing and be ready to adjust your practice if necessary. It's your call. Grounding might be helpful too.

Otherwise happy practice. You are making progress
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  06:31:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lunalesa,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for sharing. Nice description of going beyond the mind and the body. Felling "a little dead" is a mark of emptying out, which happens every time before stepping into another level of consciousness. The feeling of waiting is telling you that much more is to come.
Best wishes
Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  11:53:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Welcome to the AYP forum Lunalesa

I second Sey - read the lessons on self-pacing and be ready to adjust your practice if necessary. It's your call. Grounding might be helpful too.

Otherwise happy practice. You are making progress

Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  12:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all for your advice and blessings. i did slow things down a little, spending less time, allowing myself to be a little distracted by the recent burning sensations and aches in my mid back, the base spine heat however is really really pleasant for me, i have an injured coccyx of old. i used to bring the pain to my third eye and kind of 'bore' into it and blitz it! or build a triangle between my third eye and palm centres, once the heats in all 3 points i'd send it to that point... even on my dog. 30 years ago when aged twenty i got drawn into healing, it was a great opportunity back then, i was in the music biz.. and all that goes with it, couldn't relenquish ciggies / drugs.. That triangle is just ONE of the things i realise i'm carrying with me, a patchwork of practices... i practiced Nichiren Buddhism, meditation was frowned upon.. the chanting lead me to such delight that i naturally fell into very blissfull and deep meditation after.. oops!! ha ha!! Too much darn 'scripture' too.
Sensing how to moderate myself is a whole new adventure in itself I'm realising. I would like to add something new quite soon, something more to do than spinal breathing followed by meditation. Can you suggest what next?
I'm delighted to find some AUTHENTICITY and GOD LIKE SEEKERS here! My heart and trust are wide open to AYP. I really am quite alone in what I'm doing and seeking, very English, old fashioned, underpopulated, rural area filled with idiots shooting birds most of the year.
Things are smoothing out within my daily actions and thoughts. Every day I am feeling more able to cope with my reality, it is 'bothering' me less.

Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  12:21:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
p.s. i've never joined forums before, excuse me if i don't seem really polite, it's that i don't know how to really use it yet. x
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  12:31:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Lunalesa,

Take your time to find out how the forum and the lessons work. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  3:52:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Lunalesa

This was my first forum too, and found it a very welcoming place. Reading through the lessons you will find the simple practices of SBP DM and samyama promote stability, create a balance between the silence and energy within: SBP enlivens the shushumna and attention regulates the flow, DM with mantra bathes in pools silence and prana, and samyama (using the solar center) and sending sutras outward connects you to the Divine, and casts your love forth, and as a byproduct the fruits of practice are shared with all in your circle. By adopting stable practices and learning where your own discomfort boundries are, you will better share, and share in, the love that is all of us.

Edited by - Dogboy on Feb 05 2018 3:56:14 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2018 :  5:35:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Lunalesa
Can you suggest what next?

The order in which the practices are presented in the lessons is a good order to follow. There is some freedom too e.g. you can introduce samyama pretty much at any time after you've reached a certain level of inner silence, but you can't go wrong if you just follow the lessons in order.
Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  03:09:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dogboy and Charliedog, thank you for writing. i haven't paid to join and instead bought some yogani books, i haven't figured out how to access the lessons in the correct order to read them on the site! anyway, there is no hurry, the DM and SBP are good work i feel,
i chant I AM, I feel i want to chant something else (silently in my head of course), i've been using AUM as a mantra sometimes, it feels more powerful, I could do with understanding the lesson order and reading on..
i will say though that 'knowing' too much is something I'm cautious of, I don't want to pre-empt experiences but rather come to them naturally, to not produce more mental workings, yoga is a place of release from mind workings, the more i look ahead at the process the less comfortable i feel in doing it, feeling it's truth in my body , if you understand me. I could do with some help stopping some bad habits, some help choosing the right physical yoga programme to include in my practice. using a patchwork (again) of yoga moves... gentle steady moves, the kind you don't get much of in regular yoga classes these days! find them a big stress on my neck. love and peace xx
i
Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  03:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
where can i read the asanas, mudras and bandas lessons/book on the site can anybody tell me? xx
Go to Top of Page

Lunalesa

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  03:35:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lesson 59 answered my questions about the mantra.
re; spinal breathing, is it a good thing to do it outside of pranayama, during daily life whilst doing daily activities? i found i was doing this, then stopped as in wondered.. x
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000