Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Meaning
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  2:23:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So I decided that if I had a purpose, it would be to make the people around me feel important or special. I've done things for people and bought gifts for people. No one has liked the things I've done, and no one has liked the gifts I've bought. It's kinda funny.

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  2:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
offer all the gifts to the divine
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  9:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like the gift of you yourself.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  10:53:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have done unto others what you would have done for yourself. Golden!
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  12:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That’s a wonderful purpose and I agree w Kumar about offering to the Divine- it’s a powerful shift in life perspective. Blessing Lalow! C
Go to Top of Page

capucine

France
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  05:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you feel love for yourself ? First love yourself, do all you need to find and have love for yourself (even you think it’s selfish or guilt). You can’t give fruits to people if your orchard is empty
Thus, finding love for yourself, you will automatically give love to the people around you.
People doesn’t know what they really want to be happy, but are always happy with loving, enthusiastic people
It’s my experience
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2018 :  11:53:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by capucine

Do you feel love for yourself ? First love yourself, do all you need to find and have love for yourself (even you think it’s selfish or guilt). You can’t give fruits to people if your orchard is empty
Thus, finding love for yourself, you will automatically give love to the people around you.
People doesn’t know what they really want to be happy, but are always happy with loving, enthusiastic people
It’s my experience

I don't know. I do have a tendency to dissociate, but my experience seems "real" as no-self over and over. It seems weird to me to love myself. Of course, I couldn't plot where I am on enlightenment timeline. I could be wrong.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Feb 02 2018 :  12:47:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find the whole popular "Love yourself" idea very misleading... In my experience the only way to love yourself is through loving others. The Love springs forth from within you - true - but it needs a trigger and that trigger are others. Unless of course you have reached the stage of unity where Outpour of Divine Love is a constant flow but there too it is in service to others.

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000