Addicted to Spirit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  3:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My associate Sam has been nudging me to form my own brand, and he threw out a name that I kind of like. It's Addicted to Spirit.

So, I started a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/130428570962622/

And here's my little manifesto:

How deep can we go? How far can we reach? What limits can be transcended?

These questions, these propositions, are a byproduct and a function of being addicted to Spirit, of being captivated with the essence of life.

The intensity of our desire, and the means through which we satisfy our desire, are what shapes the unfolding of our story.

Addiction is often portrayed as a negative habit, and understandably so, especially when the objects contained within the addiction are detrimental to mind, body, and soul. But if we are addicted to worthy ideals, and to methods that complement those ideals, perhaps the severity of the addictive impulse will at last result in a wonderful conclusion.

Therefore, we must begin to discern between which obsessions are serving the collective fate of humanity, and which are not. We must harness our primal instinct to survive, and elevate that instinct to higher planes of order, harmony, balance, and beauty. We must discover the secrets of our own unquenchable thirst, the reasons for our insatiable hunger, the purpose of our zealous drive to create, innovate, and make manifest our utmost potential.

Are you addicted to Spirit? Will you feed the wolf inside—the one who is howling at the moon, pining for answers, screaming for connection and for truth?

Here is a place for people who suffer from that particular kind of yearning. Here is a place for people that crave stillness, ecstasy, genius, reverie, an outpouring of divine love. Here is a place to learn, to teach, to share.

Here is a place to fulfill the addiction to Spirit.

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2017 :  9:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You know I'm howling at that luscious moon Aaaoooooooooo!

How deep is bottomless? How far is far, beyond the stars? Fun to ponder and wonder and sent it on its way, for I am not open enough to knowing. Lately the inner silence is deafening, a symphony that I am not ripe enough to discern the individual parts. I better keep stacking meditations one upon another and hear/see/be what comes of it.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  10:40:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What happened to the disgruntled mystic?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2017 :  1:38:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

You know I'm howling at that luscious moon Aaaoooooooooo!
How deep is bottomless? How far is far, beyond the stars? Fun to ponder and wonder and sent it on its way, for I am not open enough to knowing. Lately the inner silence is deafening, a symphony that I am not ripe enough to discern the individual parts. I better keep stacking meditations one upon another and hear/see/be what comes of it.

This resonates with me more than you know.

quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

What happened to the disgruntled mystic?

He retreated into the more sheltered confines of the AYP Plus forum so he could continue his whining and blabbering there.

Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  01:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great name Addicted to Spirit!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2017 :  01:13:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you like it!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  6:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dr. Kavitha Chinnaiyan is a renowned cardiologist and author of "Shakti Rising: Embracing Shadow and Light on the Goddess Path to Wholeness". In this podcast, we discuss her new book and the importance of the divine feminine in our challenging times.

Her website is: www.kavithamd.com

Podcast: https://youtu.be/LbMEFEf8Zhk
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2017 :  11:07:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good podcast Cody. Thanks so much.

By the way, kami is also scheduled to appear at the batgap.com for an interview on 21st January, 2018. That too should be fun.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  2:07:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for listening, Jusmail. I'm looking forward to keeping the ball rolling and having more illuminating guests.

Yes, I'm definitely excited to see Kami's BATGAP interview! It's a great program.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  2:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You have skills for interviewing like Rick Archer does . I just listened and enjoyed the interview. De Mahavidyas are of my interest and I am working with them at this moment.

This afternoon I did a mantra session with students and friends, we chanted loud the Kali and Durga mantra. Such powerful energy! https://youtu.be/WJa4r-OydDM

And I just did last week a drawing and painting of Tara in the form of a yantra as I felt attracted to her symbolic at this moment.

Edited by - Charliedog on Dec 16 2017 3:10:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2017 :  11:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see your drawing of Tara, Charliedog!

It's been a little while since I've done some chanting. I'm ready for a session. We chanted at night at the AYP TTC. Good times.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  02:57:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tara one of the Mahavidyas

Maha (great) vidyas (knowledge/wisdom) are 10 Goddesses, aspects of Vidya. This means we can understand Truth( The absolute ) in different ways and honor them accordingly. 

Tara Yantra, made with mathematical precision, in clockwise direction. From the outside to the bindu.

Finished, we can use the yantra as an object for meditation.

Tara is the Goddess of Wisdom/Speech. We can also use her mantra.....

When I feel the desire to do some meditative art I create a Goddess yantra and honor her

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  06:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! I like how you show the progression of the art from the pencil sketch to the final colored piece. The pink petals surrounding the triangle are lovely.

Also, please feel free to share any pictures like that on the Addicted to Spirit Facebook page. The more, the merrier.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2017 :  10:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  1:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just to be crystal clear, my group Addicted to Spirit is saturated with AYP practices and principles. Naturally, all of my podcasts will include AYP material. It's a great honor that I get to converse with a variety of guests who are in line with the AYP mission of open-source, yogic enlightenment. Thank you for tuning in.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  1:12:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pamela McDonough is a top-notch Vedic astrologist and yogini who also collaborates with her husband in creating sculptures of sacred yantras, much like Yogani has drawn and posted here on AYP. In this podcast, we discuss how Pamela's work relates to AYP.

The Podcast: https://youtu.be/SYTsa5QhPGI
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  3:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
***If you are a serious AYP practitioner, or an enthusiastic beginner, you won't want to miss this podcast!***

The one, the only...our very own Dogboy!

Michael is a Dogboy who has stayed true to his primal nature while also using AYP to cultivate inner silence and ecstatic conductivity. In this talk, we cover some deep topics, like spontaneous vs. gradual kundalini awakenings, addiction, sustaining the unity of family life, rekindling sexual magic, and our general opinion on Yogani's anonymity and the future of AYP.

Podcast Link: https://youtu.be/faxHC1-ivP0

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Jan 09 2018 4:28:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  4:10:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yay!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  09:33:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey n/a( bodhi/Cody),
I'll have to check this one out.

Edited by - lalow33 on Jan 09 2018 09:37:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  5:04:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I always wanted to be not applicable. It's that pure emptiness.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  6:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brilliant guys, hats off. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Keep it going Bodhi and Dogboy!!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  10:09:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Jusmail!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2018 :  8:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I listened to the podcast with Dogboy. I enjoyed it. I know you want feedback. The sound quality was poor in a few places. That's all I got. Keep at it, Cody (and dogboy)!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  09:03:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  11:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  7:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
During the blood moon, I was thinking of you Dogboy :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000