Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Enlightenment and Practices
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  12:11:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Are practices necessary after enlightenment?

From my experiences all thats necessary for all the kung fu of enlightenment is stable-y resting with Empty Clarity and not grasping or clinging or tightening around emotions and stuff, and just from that state of ease or rest the energy or kundalini does stuff..

obviously its possible one can become distracted from their non-distracted non-meditation and lose that restful quality, and maybe some sort of meditation is necessary to relax back into the empty clarity.

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  2:37:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The general AYP party line is that there is no final enlightenment, so there can be no "after enlightenment". Rather, there are stages of ongoing enlightenment (ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, an outpouring of divine love), and the practices continue to fuel the trip.

If there is no final destination, might as well keep going while we're in the game.
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  3:26:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
The general AYP party line is that there is no final enlightenment,

It is the "AYP party line", but not only.

The following is from the Gnostic Gospel of Thomas (Saying 11):
quote:
Jesus said, "This heaven will pass away, and the one above it will pass away."
The enlightenment journey consists of successive openings. You will only know about each one as it happens. That is why it is not possible to tell if/when you have reached the absolute end.

Only if you keep practising will you get to find the heaven above the one you're currently in. Stop practising and you will never know what you might be missing.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Nov 23 2017 05:06:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2017 :  4:45:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Amen. I'm all in favor of getting in touch with multiple heavens. (Cosmic samyama )
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2017 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
there is something quite wonderful about acknowledging the divine, through devotion practice we become acquainted with a intuition a love that far reaches any of our day to day dramas, we transcend meaning and become attuned to a flow that moves forward and life feels less circular after enlightenment the practice becomes the joy we feel for the love we have been given everything becomes practice so all becomes enlightened ,once a light has been shown to us its difficult to remember the darkness ,but there are plenty of crevices that need to be opened and discovered on the way .
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2017 :  11:42:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
when I say enlightenment I mean the nonconceptual recognition of Rigpa, the natural state of mind free of obscurations... so there is a night/day difference between not recognizing and recognizing... and my definition of full enlightenment would be never losing this recognition 24/7 365...

Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2017 :  06:38:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"Never" is a big word.

How about you get to the 24/7/365 state of mind "free of obscurations" and then you ask this question? Until then, it is a purely theoretical point.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2018 :  01:14:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

The general AYP party line is that there is no final enlightenment, so there can be no "after enlightenment". Rather, there are stages of ongoing enlightenment (ecstatic bliss, stillness in action, an outpouring of divine love), and the practices continue to fuel the trip.

If there is no final destination, might as well keep going while we're in the game.

Yes, this is exactly true.

But practices are for hastening growth even if you stop practicing if you can retain the same breathing you do as you were doing, same small habits and small things that you did right. There is no way you wont proceed further. Its ON 100% of the time.

When people told me to lay off the practices, I felt really strange...like...how do I stop breathing and then live?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000