Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 mantra actually changes, add-ons, etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattersend

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  11:45:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, first post ever here. Thank you so much to Yogani and the beings that brought me to this place. Much love.

Sometimes when my meditation deepens, i'll go from I-ammm, to I-ammmm, Raaaaammmmm. And once that goes deeper, if it feels right, it will go to I-aammmmm, Raaaaammmm, Ooooommmm.

Is this normal? Or does it need to stick soley to I AM. I have read about mantra refinement etc., but in this case I'm being drawn to add a form all together. If i'm not very deep, just I AM feels okay. However, when i'm able to go deeper, the other phrases come in and pull me further. Just wondering if this is okay/normal. Love and light.

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2017 :  8:12:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mattersend,

Welcome to the forum.

If you are practicing Deep Meditation and you notice that you are off the mentra, then come back to the mantra again. So if you notice that you are thinking "Ram" or "Om", then come back to the mantra I AM. Don't be concerned about what is drawing you deeper or not. Again, if you notice that a thought is arising that something is drawing you deeper or not drawing you deeper, then you are off the mantra and into thinking. In that case, as before, you would favour the mantra over the thought. It is a very simple procedure.

In later lessons there are other sylables that are added to the basic I AM mantra, but these carry a different sound vibration and need to be used at a particular time in the sadhana and with the right instructions. The instructions for that begin at lesson 116:

Lesson 116 - Meditation - First Enhancement of Mantra

It is best to follow the lessons through in the order that they are written though, so if you have not reached this lesson yet, don't skip ahead.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000