Enlightenment Milestones
 Non-Dual Sat-Cit-Ananda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Herb

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  02:02:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone
I came back to Yogic Meditation after being away from it for 20 years last January. My spiritual journey: Discovered yogic meditation in the late 70's and practised it consistantly for 20 years. Discovered Christianity for real in the early 90's and practised it since then, leaving Yoga behind eventually and attained full awakening on April 03/012. This awakening led me through a "purgative" state where I was immediately purged or sanctified from five addictions and spent several months in an unexplainable state of purity, awe, reverance and graditude as God poured His love down on me pretty much non stop. April 012 was also the start of a vivid mystical life that lasted for 28 months. Then, in late August of 014, my "perceived" spiritual life hit the wall with a dark night experience that lasted from then right up till when I started experiencing a kind of unitive or non-dual bliss that is attained, usually, only in deep meditation.

I know Yogani's teaching is to place no value on experience, but the following experiences have been like a regular rainfall after almost three years of nothing, but the odd fine mist. Then a few months ago I started to experience an illuminated sensation of "being"-ness or "I am"-ness radiating from my innermost core, what I perceive as my spiritual center. Shortly after I began to experience this quite regularly in deep meditation, I read(not here) the following words that changed everything in my meditation practise, "All that is important is to joyfully offer God your innermost being with love." The next time, after reading those fateful words, that I experienced the radiating, illuminated(and egoless by the way) sense of "I am" or "I exist," I did just as the anonymous author suggested and offered the experience joyfully to my old dualistic concept of God up in heaven with all the love in my heart. What happened next was nothing short of a life-changer.

The next thing I knew was that bliss and happiness just poured into(or out of) me and I experienced an amazingly blissful episode of "one"-ness. The experience of bliss was in the same category of magnitude that I had experienced before from all the blessings I had perceived dualistically during my 28 months as a mystic. However, like I said, this new experience is purely non-dual. Since that first time a few months ago, the first part of this experience has been getting easier and easier to find and maintain. But the other half, the response of amazing bliss and one-ness, is not something I, myself, can find. Yes it does seem to come as a response to offering my inmost being to God, but not a response I have any control of. It seems to come by way of a will outside or separate from my own self-effort. But when it comes, I am being blessed with it remaining for longer and longer periods. At first it was momentary, now-a-days it often stays for 5 minutes or longer. The experience of bliss, mixed with the great calmness, peace and silence of deep meditation is amazing.

I wonder what your thoughts are about this and would like to hear if anyone has had similar experiences.

Thank you everyone. I love the atmosphere of love, compassion and non judgement I most often get in responses to my threads. Looking forward to seeing all replies.

Love and respect, Herb

Edited by - Herb on Sep 30 2017 10:59:20 AM

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  04:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The will outside/separate of your efforts that you speak of,I would call the "gift of grace." Which is something we have no control over. From my experience, I chalk it up to desire, devotion and receptivity. But honestly, grace is a mysterious phenomena and I can't truly say that I know how it works. A precious gift from the divine.

It looks as though your growing more into the witness from your oneness and being experiences. So you may want to check out a couple of lessons on that aspect.

https://www.aypsite.org/350.html

https://www.aypsite.org/333.html

Edited by - lateralus on Sep 30 2017 04:23:12 AM
Go to Top of Page

Herb

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2017 :  8:45:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Lateralus, I will read those lessons.

I just read something that seems to explain the first part of my experience. Surprisingly, it seems to roughly state how one may arrive at the same experience far better and simpler than I ever could: "We turn within, surrender everything, and reach the quiescent and transcendent ground of our being."
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2017 :  8:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From reading earlier posts in the forum, what was/is happening to you is somewhat similar to what happened to Katrine from Norway. You might want to read her posts to see if this is the case.
Go to Top of Page

Herb

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2017 :  1:34:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will check into it. Thanks Jusmail
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2017 :  11:28:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can relate to a lot of what you describe. That blissful divine Oneness is indeed Grace and not attained by effort, but merely surrender to God. In my experience it has become more consistent over time, even in the midst of "ordinary" everyday life, so that the slightest devotional thought results in an outpouring of ecstatic Love. Of course, that Love was there all along, in the center of our being! What has changed is that our attention has shifted from the ego perspective, to rest in the Divine center, not only during meditation but during ordinary waking consciousness or what has now become "ordinary."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000