AYP Helpers
 Testers Needed! -- Yogani Interview Recording
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  8:50:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Everyone,

I'm working on setting up a streaming audio player for AYP and could use a bit of help with testing it out before it goes live on the AYP site.

If you have a spare moment, please click on the following link and report back if the player works, or any problems you ran into while trying to access the audio.

http://beautifulskies.net/AYPtest/m...ypaudio.html

For those who missed all or part of the radio broadcast tonight, you can also check it out here for now. I separated it into five parts for easier listening.

Thanks,
Brett

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  9:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Works great Brett. Thanks. I have the worst PC under the sun.. and if it works on mine.. it will work with all the others I am sure..
The interview sounds even better the second time around.. without the annoying ads..

Edited by - Shanti on Nov 12 2006 9:23:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  9:39:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It works perfectly. Good work!
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  9:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great job Brett!

And a nice way to post it as a player.
This would be a nice addition to the AYP web site.
It sounds very well from here!
Go to Top of Page

Hunter

USA
252 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  10:59:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Hunter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How nice it is Brett. It works great.
Go to Top of Page

Guy_51

USA
170 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2006 :  11:08:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Guy_51's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brett:

Great job! Unfortunatly, I got no sound but I AM sure it's my computer and not on your end,something about a cheesey sound card in my antique machine. I had to use my son's computer to get the audio on Yogani's interview tonight. Was that awsome or what?

Thanks for your work:

Guy
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  12:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Brett. Thanks for getting this up and running (so quickly too, BTW). It works wonderfully for me thus far. I'm listening to part 3 now and it sounds great! Excellent job
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  01:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nicely done, Brett. An MP3 download component (AKA "podcast") would be nice, as well. The only issue there would be bandwidth limits, as thousands of people downloading a sizable MP3 could start costing real money to host. For spoken voice stuff like this (especially when recorded off radio or streaming webcast), best to use a low sampling rate for smaller file size.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  05:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Works brilliantly Brett thanks

Richard
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  09:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Trip:

Works great here too, on old Win98 technology -- tested on both MSIE and Firefox. The latter required a flash player plug-in download which took about 10 seconds.

Has anyone tried the Mac?

Good job. This is just what we need. So everyone will know, we are also looking into mp3 "Podcast" downloads as an additional option.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  09:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

Has anyone tried the Mac?

Yes, it works on Mac OS X.
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2006 :  2:25:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback everyone! The streaming player and mp3 download will be available on the main site later today.

Brett
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2006 :  10:42:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Trip, very impressive stuff and really helpful for everyone. The way you have set it up looks great too!

thanks,

Anthem11
Go to Top of Page

Babaly

USA
112 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2006 :  08:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Babaly's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Trip,

You did a great job, it was so great to hear the interview and because of your work I was able to;-)

Thanks again,

Babaly
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000