AYPsite.org Forum
 Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Acceptance and Serenity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  01:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
"While I am responsible for changing what I can, I have to let go of the rest, if I want peace of mind. Just for today, I will love myself enough to give up a struggle over something that is out of my hands."
-Courage to Change book

"Acceptance is the answer to all my problems today."- 12 Step Recovery slogan

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference."

All this was very comforting to read today. There's so much within me and around me I cannot change and that I want answers to but it's helpful to be reminded to focus on acceptance and changing even the simple things I can (food I put in my body, self care, meditation etc)...and trusting God is leading and guiding me even when I don't feel God's presence on certain days.
Blessings, C

Edited by - Chard on Aug 31 2017 01:26:15 AM

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  8:45:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  07:05:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  11:08:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh for all to have a daily dose of serenity, courage, and wisdom...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000