Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Which is the true heart centre?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SimonD

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  1:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
According to The Secret of the Golden Flower (which you can download in PDF form for free) the fleshly heart has usurped the Heavenly Heart which is the true spiritual heart of man and lies in the 3rd eye position.
I have tried this as a question on Quora and 5 out of 6 meditators believe that the fleshly heart is the spiritual heart, but I believe that they are probably wrong as it is the 3rd eye which lies central to the two energies between heaven and earth and I have a strong feeling that a lot of people have been barking up the wrong tree.
What do you think?
PS. I recommend reading the pdf first as it does come from one of the earliest sources of knowledge.

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2017 :  11:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
More and more labels will help you bark up more trees
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  11:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SimonD

According to The Secret of the Golden Flower (which you can download in PDF form for free) the fleshly heart has usurped the Heavenly Heart which is the true spiritual heart of man and lies in the 3rd eye position.
I have tried this as a question on Quora and 5 out of 6 meditators believe that the fleshly heart is the spiritual heart, but I believe that they are probably wrong as it is the 3rd eye which lies central to the two energies between heaven and earth and I have a strong feeling that a lot of people have been barking up the wrong tree.
What do you think?
PS. I recommend reading the pdf first as it does come from one of the earliest sources of knowledge.

The true heart is really consciousness.

From the Triadic Heart of Siva

quote:
The Heart of Siva

The Heart, says Abhinavagupta, is the very Self of Siva, of Bhairava,

and of the Devi, the Goddess who is inseparable from Siva. Indeed,

the Heart is the site of their union (yamala), of their embrace (samghatta).

This abode is pure consciousness (caitanya) as well as unlimited bliss

(ananda). As consciousness the Heart is the unbounded, infinite light

(prakasa) as well as the freedom (svatantrya) and spontaneity (vimarsa)

of that light to appear in a multitude and variety of forms.

http://community.livingunbound.net/...rt-of-siva/&
Go to Top of Page

SimonD

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  12:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would rather bark up the correct tree rather than some other random tree just because I did not have the correct understanding. We use the 3rd eye position in spinal breathing, but if you were told to breathe up into your spiritual heart you might easily end up with wrong practice and I have a feeling that outside of AYP this may well have been happening in one way or another.
I hope this might be of help to someone out there who is barking up the wrong tree!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  3:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Simon,
Unless you can personally verify it, I wouldn't argue it. If, when you can personally verify it, you still might not want to argue it.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2017 :  8:00:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SimonD

What do you think?

I don't think my last responses was really what you were looking for so let me explain.

The first thing is to really understand what chakras are in a way :)

You may notice that some traditions have 7 others 12, some 4 and when you look at qiqong you don't really have chakras at all that they use.

So think of chakras as local mind maps to our fears and issues.

If you are in a yoga system like AYP you have 7 chakras and the one in the center of your chest is the heart chakra. The heart chakra is what is most often referred to as the spiritual heart.

Now you will notice I said chakras are local mind maps which means they are not really there and I posted that quote about the heart really being everything, consciousness.

So, how does that work you may ask? :)

Once one is able to open the 7th chakra the next stage is for them to kind of merge together, to unify. This is what is known as the body of light, rainbow body, vajra body in various traditions. It is the realization of emptiness of self.

From various traditions as one continues along the path moving from local mind to universal mind it is at that point that one becomes like Siva. You realize that everything is energy, that you are everything that is and beyond.

It is that realization that Abhinavagupta calls the Heart.

Yet still what we are is beyond that description.

So the truth is it really depends on how you are looking at it as to what is really the spiritual heart.

One thing I can assure you of is that the 3rd eye in no way is the spiritual heart. I would also caution you about it being the bridge between the divine. Access to the divine starts at the 7 chakra aka the crown. The 3rd eye is also a lot like lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is used to teach one that reality is self arising, self created. Third eye stuff can be much the same way. What you are seeing is filtered by ones depth and local mind and can be very much influenced by our desires and fears.

I hope this helps,

Tom
Go to Top of Page

beingyinyang

Portugal
2 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  5:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone!

The spiritual heart is the true center of the heart, not the chakra. It is the core of our being ... of our consciousness.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2017 :  09:06:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What heart are we talking about? There are a number of options:
- the physical heart
- Anahata chakra in the chest, from where Kundalini has a good glimpse of the Absolute
- Hrit padma, to the left of Anahata, is the sacred heart, involved in the no-mind experience and realization of oneness
As we clear more and more of our load, the heart opens up, and the experience of Oneness expands and deepens, permeated with infinite love and Pure Divinity.

There are reasons for some to locate the heart first at the third eye. In many Asian traditions, the same word is used for heart and mind. When Kundalini Shakti reaches upper Ajna, there could be a first experience of Oneness, and an opening of the heart. After Shiva and Shakti ascend together to Sahashara, they come down and open the heart in another way, revealing the Divine in everyone and everything, and urging one to help others. The heart seems to have no end, going on and on. You can find many descriptions of heart opening on this forum. We'll just have to keep going, and learning.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000