Cody Rickett, LMT, RYT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2017 :  4:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a little tour of the Foot Whisperer Reflexology Institute in Tampa, Florida, where I work:
https://youtu.be/EhgX5srM6ac
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  12:32:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice tour. Keep it up!

Can reflexology cure tinnitus?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  07:09:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, reflexology can help with tinnitus. Like AYP, good reflexology works with the nervous system, so it's just about stimulating and relaxing the nerves via the extremities. However, nothing is ever guaranteed, so I'm hesitant to use the word "cure", but it's certainly worth trying.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2017 :  12:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Disc Golf!?
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...11/Disc-Golf

Lately I've become enamored with the sport of disc golf—both playing in the Tampa Bay Area and following the professional tour on YouTube. There's something deeply satisfying about launching a disc hundreds of feet and watching it soar across the natural landscape.

Disc golf is certainly similar to more traditional "ball golf", but it also stands out as a unique addition to the athletic compendium of the world. One way that disc golf is different from ball golf is that there is much less manicuring required to maintain a disc golf course. Whereas a ball golf course requires the fairway to be totally clear of trees or obstacles, a disc golf course can actually incorporate trees, bushes, bodies of water, man-made structures, and other elements into the fairway of a hole. This integration of diverse elements creates a challenging playing field, as well as a scenic route from the tee pad to the the target basket. Also, there is no special grass required for the fairways or greens. The ground can be composed of grass, clay, sand, dirt, shell, and so forth.

The final destination of a disc is to land in a target basket, i.e. the hole. Baskets are made of a metal pole and framework that support the web of chains needed to absorb the incoming flight of a disc. When the disc hits the chains and the central pole, there is a signature "bing" sound that resonates loudly as an unmistakable confirmation of success. Like the crack of a bat in baseball, or the swoosh of a net in basketball, disc golf has delightful traits that define its personality.

The discs themselves come in a wide array of shapes, depending on function and purpose. For instance, a putting disc, designed for short range and a straight trajectory, is quite different than a driver, designed for more curvature along the flight path and significantly longer distance. A mid-range is somewhere in between those two. Then there are variations in flight stability, with some discs pulling more to the right, and others more to the left. The four common characteristics of a disc are: speed, glide, turn, and fade. Clearly, the sport utilizes the science of physics to optimize performance of its athletes and to push the limits of possibility.

This past weekend, Nate Sexton won the United States Disc Golf Championship in Rock Hill, South Carolina. I was rooting for him the whole way. He is one of my favorite players, and he provides commentary on many of the YouTube videos that capture the pro tour. His sense of humor and positive attitude are uplifting. When he made the final putt on the 18th hole, he was flooded with hugs and cheers from other top players from around the world who had been competing with him in the tournament. It was obvious by their smiles and sincerity that despite not winning themselves, they nevertheless found great joy in watching him claim the title. A stellar athlete like Nate Sexton can transcend competition and generate lots of camaraderie, friendship, and community in his respective field, and beyond.

I've always needed role models and heroes to emulate. To progress in my own self-actualization, I look to others who have achieved mastery. If they can do it, I can do it.

We can do it.

Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2017 :  5:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Leading Edge
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...Leading-Edge

What does it mean to be on the leading edge in any particular field or endeavor? Is "progress" a real phenomenon, or are we just spinning around in circles—pretending that there is a linear, innovative quality to our movement through space and time?

These are important questions to me, because I do believe that progress is real, both in the specific field of bodywork and in the broader realms of self-discovery and spirituality. Though there can be no denying that life unfolds in cyclical patterns of repetition and sameness, neither can there be a denial the each moment seems to hold a unique signature that is patently different (perhaps only by the slightest degree) from what has come before.

For instance, if you have ever seen a school of minnows scrambling near the surface of the ocean, you will notice how that cluster of tiny fish operates like a single organism. As a group, they dart to and fro in perfect symmetry. Furthermore, their bodies appear virtually identical to each other. But, if we were to cast a net upon them and bring a sample set into a boat, we could observe and measure the variations in size, shape, and other characteristics.

Often, from a zoomed-out view, all appears the same, but upon zooming in, the deviations and anomalies are revealed.

When it comes to the notion of progress, we must consider the dynamic of change in relation to a certain goal or ideal. Within the context of pursuing a goal, change is not merely an arbitrary shift in form, but a transformation and evolution that is getting closer to a desired state of being and doing. So, to use an example from my last blog on disc golf, players improve when their body mechanics are more aligned with achieving the best possible throw to land the disc in the basket.

With bodywork, the most common goal is to bring a client into a condition that is not only pain-free, but full of pleasure, versatility, and the inherent capability to move as they wish. There are many modalities seeking to reach the end goal, but what modalities are on the leading edge in helping accomplish the ideal result?

Well, I think quite a few modalities are riding on the leading edge, but I will comment on what is most familiar to me, which is, as of late, reflexology.

Sam Belyea at the Foot Whisperer is taking reflexology to a new level by placing emphasis on the foot reading aspect of the modality. Foot reading engages the client in a two-way dialogue so they can better understand what their body is trying to communicate via the feet and other extremities. With the inclusion of assessment, coaching, and education (A-C-E), Sam is going well beyond the actual technique of thumb-walking the reflexes. The ACE philosophy operates on the premise that the more informed a client is, the more empowered they will be to make appropriate lifestyle changes to address the underlying causes which have produced the visible markers. Of course, such an informative dialogue cannot be forced. The effectiveness of the ACE platform depends upon a readiness and willingness in both client and practitioner.

In regards to the broader field of self-actualization (achieving the utmost potential in oneself), AYP is very much on the leading edge in that category for a variety of reasons. One of the primary reasons is due to "The guru is in you" mentality. AYP is an open-source system that provides knowledge for both beginners and seasoned practitioners, without the co-dependency that comes along with older guru paradigms. With AYP, we can draw from the baseline and make our own modifications as we refine our routine and pursuit of higher consciousness. It is designed for autonomy, independence, and personal freedom.

Being on the leading edge invokes an adventurous feeling. To be a pioneer is to venture into the unknown. Inevitably, charting new territory will come with trial and error. Mistakes will be made. But I do believe that the payoff will far exceed the friction and learning curve along the way. To dare to dream is at the core of the human spirit.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  3:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here's a video in which I steal more of Yogani's thunder, per the usual. Enjoy the Dare to Dream Formula:

https://youtu.be/dbomQ4MscDE
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2017 :  5:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Getting Closer to the Masters
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...-the-Masters

I drove up to Jacksonville on Saturday night after certification class. I booked a hotel downtown overlooking the St. John's River, and the view was lovely.

In the morning, I did my full AYP routine and then ate breakfast at the overpriced buffet in the hotel, but I didn't mind the cost. Then I drove to the New World Disc Golf course, which was hosting the final professional tournament of the year.

The best players in the world had made it to the final round: Paul McBeth, Ricky Wysocki, Simon Lizotte, and James Conrad. And there was one more, a much lower-ranked wildcard named Dana Vicich. I've been watching these players on YouTube for the past year, so it was quite surreal to finally see them in person.

The regulation of the spectators was loose and nearly nonexistent, so I was able to literally stand about 10 feet away from the tee pad with a couple of other earnest fans. The rest of the fans were in golf carts or standing on the side of the fairways. I studied the players meticulously. Their body mechanics, their facial expressions, their gait and other details. I felt like I was in a movie most of the time.

I started talking to another spectator, who turned out to be an avid player from Clearwater, and we knew some of the same people. We talked about getting together to play in the future, so that was reassuring.

As we approached the 18th hole, James Conrad was in the lead, but he shanked a drive into the woods, and he lost 2 precious shots in the process of pitching out. I was positioned in the fairway, and he walked over close to me and kept shaking his head. He was filled with disappointment. I wanted to say to him: "It's OK, man. Breathe through it. There's still a chance. You're playing great." But I held my tongue, because I felt like he needed to process his own emotions and recover without interference, despite how benevolent my intentions might have been.

James wasn't able to pick up the strokes he lost, and Ricky ended up winning the tournament. At the awards ceremony, all the players were signing autographs, so I indulged myself and had them sign a mini-disc I had bought in the club store. I hadn't asked for any athletes' autographs since attending a spring training baseball game as a young teenager over 20 years ago, so my experience was kind of like returning to that state of starry-eyed adolescence. I was happy to surrender to a burst of renaissance from my youth. Also, Nate Sexton (who recently won the U.S. Championship and is an excellent commentator on the YouTube coverage) happened to be in the clubhouse, so I ended up getting his autograph too.

When I left the golf course, I felt a twinge of sadness, not because I was leaving, per se, but because I still yearned for much more connection. I wanted to hang out with the athletes like they were my good buddies. I wanted to get to their level. I still felt like a bit of an outsider, even amongst the spectators. I wanted to penetrate the inner and outer circles. Also, there was the fact that I happened to be in Yogani's hometown, and meeting up with him was not granted as an option, despite the many hours I had devoted to spreading AYP and his teachings.

But the sadness didn't linger long or cast an oppressive cloud over me. I started singing and jamming out on the ride back to Tampa. I envisioned boosting my local connections there, and settling into the groove of gradual progress.

Sometimes, the primal desire to merge with the Chosen Ideal is so strong that such an impulse beckons for instant results, as if a push of pure will from the gut, heart, and mind could make it happen in a lightning flash. Maybe it could happen like that one day—you never know. Until then, it's business as usual.

Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2017 :  4:47:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The Divine Masculine
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...ne-Masculine

As I sit here filing my nails, I wonder what it is to be a true man. Maybe some Hollywood wisdom can help me answer the question.

In the cult classic film The Big Lebowski, the wealthy but wheelchair-bound Big Lebowski says to the Dude (who shares the same last name): "Funny, I can look back on a life of achievement—on challenges met, competitors bested, obstacles overcome. I’ve accomplished more than most men, and without the use of my legs. What makes a man, Mr. Lebowski? Is it being prepared to do the right thing—whatever the cost? Isn’t that what makes a man?"

To which the Dude replies, "Ummm...sure. That, and a pair of testicles."

Speaking of cinematic humor, this weekend I saw the new Marvel adventure movie Thor: Ragnarok, in which the theme of masculinity is thoroughly explored, with plenty of laughs along the way. For instance, on the planet Sakaar, where Thor manages to get stranded, there are intergalactic portals literally dropping out of the sky. To leave the planet, one merely has to fly a spaceship through the portal of their choice, and voilà—the ship will be rocketed to another dimension. The most intimidating portal on Sakaar is a swirling vortex of red, chaotic energy, and it catapults space voyagers farther than any other portal, so for those wishing to zoom extra far into the universe, the risk may be worth the reward. And what is the name of that dangerous but powerful portal? It is none other than: the devil's anus.

Ultimately, Thor must bite the bullet and venture into the devil's anus so that he can return back to his home planet and save his people from the clutches of an evil sorceress (who happens to be his sister). The film is full of other innuendos and self-deprecating quips that get uttered by Thor and the other male superheroes, so that thick layer of humor balances out the more macho and aggrandizing elements of the movie. The influx of comedy and humility into the ever-expanding Marvel universe is a refreshing and well-rounded approach to satisfying the market's demand for ongoing sagas of epic proportions. We, the audience, still yearn for big muscles and superhuman strength, but we also want to see the characters get humanized and brought down to our level. Fortunately, Thor: Ragnarok accomplishes the paradox splendidly.

But, life is not exactly like a Hollywood movie, obviously. There aren't any clever editing cuts or tricks of cinematography that can conveniently bundle up our experience into a well-packaged, 2-hour performance that disappears when we leave the theater. Our experience is ever-present, unedited, unbroken, and very long...much longer than a couple of hours. Real life is far more complex than a fictional story on screen, and that is why real life is truly miraculous, because our continuous passage through space and time is filled with unfathomable depth, substance, and meaning. And what a joy it is that we get to navigate and decode the movie mystery that is our life!

Anyway, going back to the theme of masculinity, I am finding that what gets me in touch with the divine masculine is to strive for integrity, autonomy, value through service, exquisite skill in my profession and other endeavors, and yes, to cultivate self-deprecating humor and humility. This package of enlightenment is surely diverse, and at times, the ripening of one's character requires a softening of the heart, while at other times, a hardening of personal will is what's called for. Sometimes, as a man, you have to be silky smooth and flow like water. Other times, you have to stand firm like a mountain. It is not a one-size-fits-all proposition.

As we can clearly discern, the divine feminine is also soaring into the visible foreground of not only Hollywood, but our culture in general. A wise man will integrate this rise of Shakti, and use that renaissance to kindle his own vitality and self-worth.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2017 :  2:55:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lady Bird, and Collapsing into Simplicity
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...o-Simplicity

As I was walking out of the movie theater last night after watching the critically-acclaimed Lady Bird, I noticed how my sensory perception had become sharper. The objects in my field of vision were more luminescent and well-defined. My strut on the sidewalk was brisk and sprightly. The essence of the sutra Akasha — Lightness of Air seemed to be magnified within my being.

It's not the first time I've walked out of a movie feeling rejuvenated, inspired, enhanced. Since I was a young child, I've imbibed in motion pictures and let their magical effect linger in my consciousness as long as could be sustained. And as I continue to age and mature [well, actually, the maturation of my character is questionable, but the passage of time is pretty guaranteed], I wonder why it is that the silver screen consistently captures my attention and catalyzes some kind of alchemical reaction inside my body.

Speaking of capturing attention, the main character in Lady Bird, Christine, seeks counsel from a nun at her Catholic school, and at one point, the nun suggests to her: "Maybe attention and love are the same thing."

That struck me, like quite a few other poignant and witty moments in the story.

Our attention is a peculiar aspect of our personality. And what is attention but a kind of focused awareness that is controlled and directed by the intimate driver seated in the mind? If I give you my attention, I give you my full awareness, not dumbly or blindly, but with some level of care and investment. Deep down, we all crave to give and receive attention. And as we progress in the scheme of life, we demand higher qualities of attention to satisfy our desires of grasping, letting go, creating, identifying, merging, and so much more. Who doesn't desperately yearn for their awareness and attention to be saturated with scenery that fulfills the longings of the heart? Ultimately, we want our scenery to be sublime and meaningful, like a Hollywood happy ending that closes the loops in the plot and brings clarity to the mystery we've had to suffer though.

In Lady Bird, the scenery is simple, realistic, and suburban. There is nothing particularly glamorous or extravagant about the setting, nor is there meant to be. Most of the action takes place inside middle-class houses, school rooms, cars, parking lots, and other familiar fixtures of modern society. The characters themselves are easily believable for that same reason. They come across as genuine representations of real-life human beings. If I had to label the genre of the film, I would call it "indie", because it lacks much of the mainstream fanfare and exaggeration that big-budget projects often splatter upon the audience.

I find simplicity to be a fundamental place to fall back into. If I'm going to surrender, I want to fall into a net that catches me without the trappings of complexity. I certainly love the challenges and intricacies of living in a complex world, but at the end of the day, I want to be able to let go, to give up, to abandon any efforts to try to understand or piece together the vastness of The Puzzle.

Inner silence, stillness, peace, tranquility...these qualities of the Divine Personality seem to be safe foundations into which one can collapse. Within the realm of the quiet heart, the worries that come with advancing in the field of knowledge or personal development greatly diminish, and are proportionally shrunk as to become laughable.

Thank you for reading. Be still and flow.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  8:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Cody. The attention=love hit here as well.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2017 :  9:16:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2017 :  11:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cody, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful works with us all! Keep writing and sharing! C
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2017 :  11:10:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Chard!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  11:58:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Rambling through Joy
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...-through-Joy

There is a window to joy:

in distant memories (going to the pizza parlor with my little league baseball team and playing arcade games);
in future imaginings (envisioning an AYP-based meditation center in my hometown where many come to practice);
in the present moment (listening to the cars slosh rainwater outside my window as I type these words).

Many are confused as to the nature of the Here and Now. The Here and Now encompass Past and Present. There is a Past Now and a Future Now; a Past Here and a Future Here. Linear time is just as real as the cycles of repetition that unfold like clockwork in our matrix of perception. One aspect is old and familiar; the other is fresh and new. And in between, there is a nexus that joins the polarities. That nexus may be perpetually mysterious, or so it seems.

There is a competitive joy in sensing that others are confused, and that I am more in the truth, and that I might relieve your confusion, but then watching others believe that I am in fact the confused one, and watching you try to fix me, and then realizing that neither of us is proving the case definitively. Who will win the contest of truthfulness? Time will tell. And some will say there is no contest, and to this, I chuckle to myself. And there will be plenty of times when I will chuckle with you, and already have. And there is a better joy in being on the same page, surely, with no confusion at all. So just relax, I'm not trying to surpass you (that much).

Some words I have deleted, because they didn't want to stick to the screen. Editing has value. Not all of the creative flow is flawless.

Still, there is a story to be told—a growing history—with signature characters, and countless minor characters that have not been embedded in the printed archives. Perhaps they are stored in an archive that does not rely on physical or digital imprints, because physical imprints are bound to fade away, aren't they?

And yet, the sun fades away behind the horizon, and keeps returning, to resurrect a new day, and it makes you wonder: Perhaps every piece of the whole is just as eternal as the whole itself is.

It's fun to write in a stream-of-consciousness, childlike way, because the rules are forgotten, if only for a moment. The objectives and parameters are discarded, and the writing determines its own course. Inner space expands. Outcomes are nullified. There is almost a complete trust in the uncertainty of things, even as there is a parallel (or maybe identical?) trust in the certainty of things.

Right now, I'm working on an online writing course that will empower writers to get more in touch with Spirit, with their chosen ideal. It feels great to share the bag of tricks that have helped me unpeel the layers.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  1:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to argue, but I've got zip today. Some future day?
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2018 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
LOL.I'm always open for business, and for your arguments, Lalow.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2018 :  8:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Mr. Clean
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-.../13/Mr-Clean

At the Mister Car Wash, I sat on a metallic mesh bench and watched my Ford Fusion get scrubbed inside and out. I thought to myself: I should be doing this dirty work, instead of paying other people. Where's my motivation for self-care and self-maintenance? If I was a man's man, I'd also know more about the car engine and other manly things. Damn my mediocrity!

Earlier in the day, I had watched two carpenters install a wooden railing on my grandfather's back porch. One of the carpenters said to Pop:
"Hey, if you ever want to get rid of that 1946 Ford sitting in your garage, let me know."
Well, it's going to my grandson," he said, pointing to me. "But he's never even driven it."

That was true. The old Ford is an antique with manual transmission, and I have yet to learn how to drive stick shift. But I'm certain I could learn, because I have plenty of dexterity and hand-eye coordination, so it's not due to a lack of capability that I have yet to get behind the wheel of that vintage, cherry red convertible—with its whitewall tires, and a Marilyn Monroe suicide knob that compensates for the lack of power steering.

Back on the bench at the car wash, I found myself staring into the distance, gazing at trees surrounded by concrete pavement and buildings. I contemplated the juxtaposition between pure nature and human-made structures. There was the tree: growing out of the ground, perfect in its gnarly symmetry, presumably designed by the hand of God—a hand I have been seeking to shake for quite some time now. On a daily basis, I reach out into the darkness of consciousness...groping for those divine fingers...opening my palms with surrendered receptivity in the hopes that all levels of flesh (physical, energetic, astral, causal, sub-causal, super-subtle, ultra-secret, majorly refined, etc.) might intertwine and merge to yield a new plateau of Being and Doing. It's that sublime continuum of experience I crave, if you know what I mean.

Returning my wandering focus to the thrifty men cleaning my vehicle, I couldn't help but think of how animals prune and manicure each other. Cats lick each other's fur; parrots peck at their respective feathers; dogs sniff their fellow canine's anus. The circle of life.

I tipped the gentlemen who had done a top-notch job on my ride and drove away feeling better about life. It feels good to be clean. Never mind the fossil fuels burning underneath the hood and spewing out carbon emissions into the atmosphere. I'm sitting on leather, man! Let's indulge in this twisted, co-dependent luxury while we still can!

Everywhere I turn, I see perfection. Perfection in the dysfunction of our bodies, perfection in the disease of the perverted mind, perfection in the lopsided evolution of humanity.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow (if you're in the mood for it).
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2018 :  3:59:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree
Be still, and flow
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  03:28:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

"(physical, energetic, astral, causal, sub-causal, super-subtle, ultra-secret, majorly refined, etc.)"
Very nice sounding new koshas to explore!
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  06:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We can offer diplomas after submitting proof of your exploration :)
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2018 :  4:23:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

We can offer diplomas after submitting proof of your exploration :)

I can only offer my mega-low post count as a solid proof of my super-subtle activity, mainly at ultra-secret territories of excistence.
The diploma you can leave to the top of the mountain, thank you very much. I'll pick it up when passing by next time.

But seriously, I'm so glad that Bodhi dosn't act only ultra-secretly! Thank you for sharing your flow.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2018 :  09:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I want to travel to Finland (in the physical body). I've enjoyed watching the disc golf events on YouTube that happen there, like the European Open in Nokia. Disc golf is like physical samyama for me: touch...and release!
Go to Top of Page

Arunachala Bhakta

Finland
30 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2018 :  2:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I want to travel to Finland (in the physical body). I've enjoyed watching the disc golf events on YouTube that happen there, like the European Open in Nokia. Disc golf is like physical samyama for me: touch...and release!

Lot of flying discs around here! 600+ courses in a small country. Hype has been high for about 5-7 years now, almost "everyone" throws. Except me; had to give it up after 45 minutes and 2 discs lost to the lake and one to the bushes
Way too much damage to mother earth, if i'm involved. I felt so bad for a long time after that.
So i'm going for core & cosmic samyamas first.

Welcome! Our clean, quiet and safe nature is even more amazing than da disc-boom! Lot of prana in the evergreen forests.
If there is something, that I can do for you when you're coming, just let me know, and I'd be happy to help. I live 1 hour away from Nokia.

Edited by - Arunachala Bhakta on Feb 16 2018 3:08:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2018 :  8:08:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a beautiful country.

I look forward to visiting and doing some damage of my own, especially to the environment. There's nothing quite like wrecking a pristine place.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2018 :  6:15:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ready Player One
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...Player-One-1

Last week I read Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I was pretty blown away by the story. I started to write a blog about my thoughts on the novel, but I ended up deleting my draft. Something wasn't clicking. I wanted my review to capture at least a fraction of the magic I had experienced while getting lost in the science fiction masterpiece. So, here I go again—trying to extract a little chard from the glass of my mind, which absorbed the light of Mr. Cline's words as they shone through the darkness of my eager eyes.

I suppose I could give you a brief synopsis of the plot, or maybe an insight into the themes and motifs within the narrative, but once again, I feel compelled to do something different. I don't just want to write about the story; I want to continue the story. Do you know what I mean?

How do I continue the story then, instead of merely rehashing details and highlights from the book? Well, what comes to mind is the Star Wars expanded universe. The Star Wars expanded universe refers to the body of work derived from the original trilogy created by George Lucas. Many offshoots and adaptations have sprung up from Lucas' original mythology. So, in that vein, I could commence with expanding the universe of Ready Player One and craft my own derivative novel, and the magic could continue.

But I'm not going to do that. Too much depth and commitment. I don't have the drive or the skill set to write a novel. I'm just going to stick with eking out a few insubstantial blogs here and there, plus a lengthy Facebook post from time to time, and of course some poignant emails to friends and family. I'm going to ride that wave of mediocrity and immaturity into the sunset of insignificance and missed opportunities. It is my destiny. And for one who has awakened to their true nature, letting go and acceptance are the benchmarks of awakening. To let go of everything. To accept everything as it is. [TEST: Do you detect any sarcasm? Are you aware of subtle tones of cynicism and mockery?]

Actually, in Ready Player One, there is a virtual reality program called the OASIS (Ontologically Anthropocentric Sensory Immersive Simulation). In the OASIS, users can escape the dreariness of their real-life Earth circumstances. By throwing on a retina-scanning visor and slipping into a haptic jumpsuit, any person can enter the open-source system with its infinite possibilities. Oh yes, the OASIS is open-source, meaning that users can encode and create their own planets within the digital space. It is a blank canvas, ripe for creativity and imagination.

Just in case you're not familiar with the term "ontologically" (which shows up in the acronym OASIS), let me offer a definition for you. Ontology is the study of Being. The objective is very simple. How do we exist? How do things come into Being? What is the source of Being? Questions like that.

Within the context of OASIS, the Being-ness of the virtual world is centered around humans (anthropocentric). The program is a playground for humans to become whoever they want to be, including non-human creatures and entities. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

Well, that's about all I can say about the marvelous novel. Perhaps one day the OASIS will be accessible here in non-fictional reality. In the meantime, I'm just going to fall back into nurturing my egoic, anthropocentric view of myself and the world. [I'm not being sarcastic this time. I promise.]

Edited by - Bodhi Tree on Feb 23 2018 3:02:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000