Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Cody Rickett, LMT, RYT
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bodhi Tree

USA
2800 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  11:15:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
www.codyrickett.com

This is my homepage for massage therapy, reflexology, and of course, teaching Advanced Yoga Practices. I've just launched it, so much content will be added in the coming weeks. I'm filming an instructional video series on AYP that will explore many of the nuances within the techniques, based on my 7 years of experience, which most recently culminated in being certified in AYP in France.

I will also be posting about group meditations and retreats I'll be hosting, so stay tuned!

Love. Radiance. Unity.

lalow33

USA
698 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  2:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Where's the like button?
Go to Top of Page

Omsat

Belgium
258 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  3:54:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wonderful website and vision, Cody!

Wish you best of luck and joy in the materialization process!
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

USA
2800 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2017 :  10:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, Lalow and Omsat!

Yes, we need a like button.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1187 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  02:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
601 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  04:43:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
blessings
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
292 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  07:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Be blessed LIKE for the LIKE amazing LIKE work you have LIKE done LIKE. Love LIKE radiance LIKE unity LIKE
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

USA
2800 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2017 :  2:31:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

Be blessed LIKE for the LIKE amazing LIKE work you have LIKE done LIKE. Love LIKE radiance LIKE unity LIKE

There you have it!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
698 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  7:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I like jusmail's post.

1/2 way to AYP sanctuary. Do it, Cody!!!
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
346 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2017 :  9:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Very cool, Cody.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1017 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  01:50:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

USA
2800 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2017 :  07:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

I like jusmail's post.

1/2 way to AYP sanctuary. Do it, Cody!!!

Exactly, Lalow! That is the vision.

Much obliged, Sey and Blanche.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

USA
2800 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  4:36:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Boundaries of Time
https://www.codyrickett.com/single-...onsciousness

A couple days ago, I was helping my mom clean out the attic. The space was stuffed with memorabilia. In one of the boxes, I came upon a baseball jersey with my name on the back. The shirt was from my Bayshore Little League days over on Davis Island, where I pitched and played shortstop. I pulled out the jersey from the tightly sealed plastic bag and put on the garment. Obviously, it barely fit, but I nevertheless managed to squeeze into it.

A little swell of sentimentality came brimming up, and I said to myself: Let's bring back the magic. Little League baseball was surely a magical time, and I'm sure everyone has memories from childhood that linger with a certain kind of purity and innocence. On the flip side, I know we all have memories that are not so picturesque or poignant. The reason I'm writing about my joyful recollection is because I want to pay homage to the past, and also to the future, and to talk about how those elements of time relate to bodywork, reflexology, and AYP.

One of the trendier fashions in spirituality these days is to harp upon staying in the the present moment. With the rise in popularity of philosophies like mindfulness, there seems to be an obsession with keeping one's awareness fixed upon the immediate circumstances of the physical environment. Don't let your mind drift into the past or future, or lose touch with the breath or body! This emphatic plea to stay in the present moment is understandable, because after all, the present moment is what bridges the past with the future. The present is the fulcrum upon which we seesaw.

But, can you even identify or capture the present moment? Contemplate that. If we tracked the present moment with a clock, we could associate the ticking of the second hand with the passing of each moment, but that unit is just a construct that we superimpose onto the present moment, for purposes of convenience and functionality. The present moment seems to be moving, along with the rotation of the Earth, and in tune with many other phenomena. Yet, there is some quality of stillness in the present moment as well. It's as if the eternal moment of Here and Now is holding and embracing all the changes that flow through our perception, but the eternal bosom of Here and Now itself remains unchanged. Alas, we have a paradox. The present is both moving and not moving, changing and not changing.

I don't mean to indulge much in abstract thought, but these principles actually have very practical implications. Let me explain.

One of the wonderful things I get to witness with my reflexology clients is the transformation of consciousness that occurs both during and after the session. A classic example of this transformation is a change in breathing patterns that happens once the client is lying on the table. There is a subtle, yet audible, shift that can unfold, often in a matter of minutes. The "walking" method of reflexology creates a very soothing rhythm that the nervous system quickly absorbs, thereby inducing a state of deep relaxation. Clients often describe this condition as being nestled in between waking and sleep. This state of consciousness is very similar to what occurs during Deep Meditation of AYP. Other favorable symptoms include gurgling of the stomach, muscle twitches, and facial itching.

Now, bringing this discussion full circle, and going back to the trendy mandate to stay in the moment...imagine if I were to try to keep a client's focus solely on the physical sensations I was creating with my hands. That would be an incredibly invasive and restrictive style of reflexology. Instead, my style is one of allowance. I want to fully surrender to the prerogative of the client, and that means letting their awareness drift into whatever state of consciousness they're naturally falling towards. That could be a transcendental state. That could be a place filled with memories, or a vision of the future. Or maybe their attention will stick to the physical and energetic sensations for most of the time. It's all acceptable, and it all crosses the spectrum of past, present, and future.

However, as a therapist, it is indeed important for me to stay in the present as I am palpating and carefully listening to their bodyŚmaking sure I don't drift into la la land. So, surely, there is a necessity and even urgency to stay focused in the present moment, but that depends entirely on what role we're playing at any given time. I'm merely giving credence to the flexibility that is needed in regards to the boundaries of consciousness, especially for the sake of the client.

Thank you for reading. Be still, and flow.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - Aug 17 2017 :  9:22:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as always
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000

AYP PLUS PREVIEW

Direct Downloads

eBooks - PDF, EPUB
and MOBI-KINDLE

FREE eBooks with
MP3 AudioBooks

SAVE  with Bundled
Multi-Title Downloads

Preview
AYP Books

(PDF Books Flyer)

Easy Lessons

Advanced Yoga Practices Book

Spiritual
Adventure Novel

The Secrets of Wilder Novel

Enlightenment Series

Deep Meditation Book

Spinal Breathing Pranayama Book

Tantra Book

Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas Book

Samyama Book

Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli Book

Self-Inquiry Book

Bhakti and Karma Yoga Book

Eight Limbs of Yoga Book

Eight Limbs of Yoga Book

Questions & Answers

Additional Translations of AYP

Public Home | Plus Home | Main Lessons | Tantra Lessons | Topic Paths | Interviews | Videos | Site Search | Links Section | Testimonials | AYP Survey | Traffic | Books | Downloads | Contact