Member Announcements - Events, Classes & Retreats
 Int. AYP TTC: Thailand, Sept/Oct. 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2017 :  12:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys,

The next AYP Teacher Training Course is now open for bookings. It will be taking place in Thailand on the island of Koh Tao. The venue will be Baan Talay, which is a beautiful yoga retreat centre set up by Devrim who is one of the TTC teachers.

The course will be fully residential taking place over 29 days. The dates will be the 25th of September to the 23rd of October 2018. Full details are on my website here.

Places on the course will be limited to 24. There will be 4 teachers on the course: Myself, Alex, Devrim and Blanche. The minimum requirement for taking a teacher training course is one year of full scope yoga practice, which means a practice which includes meditation and pranayama. The course is designed to train and qualify people to teach asana, meditation, pranayama, samyama and the mudras and bandhas.

The curriculum for the course is approved by the Yoga Alliance which means that people who complete the course are able to register with the YA as RYT's (Registered Yoga Teachers).

Devrim will be taking applications and bookings for the course. If you would like to come, email him here and he will send you an application form.

If you have any questions about the teacher training course, do ask below, or email me.

Christi

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2017 :  06:10:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi guys,

All the rooms for this course have been taken now, but there are still some camping places available.

Camping will be "glamping style" with tents already set up. The tents will have mains electricity, air-conditioning units, patios, private bathrooms and great views out to the ocean.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2018 :  09:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

There are still a few spots left on the AYP teacher training course that will be running during September and October in Thailand.

The available places are in shared tents.

A few people have asked me what happens on an AYP teacher training course, so I thought it would be good to put something up here:

The courses are run in retreat-mode, which means that we do several (3 or 4) sitting practice sessions each day. These include Spinal Breathing, Deep Meditation and Samyama. We also do 2 asana classes each day.

As well as this, there are lectures and group sessions covering many aspects of AYP and on how to teach AYP in class settings. On the courses, students do practical classes where they practice leading a group of students in asana practice, as well as leading beginners through the core AYP sitting practices.

We also cover some other aspects of yoga, that are not specifically related to AYP, such as classes on the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali and the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, to give people a wider background in yogic philosophy. But mostly, the courses are designed to teach people how to teach the AYP practices to others.

Upcoming courses can be found here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4363 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2018 :  12:43:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

A few days ago we completed the second AYP 200-hour yoga teacher training course. It took place on Koh Tao in Thailand. Congratulations to all the new teachers!

A big thank you to Devrim, Blanche and Alex for teaching on the course and to all the staff at Baan Talay for the amazing cooking!

I have put some photos that were taken during the course up on my site here.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2018 :  1:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!! Someday...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000