Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Ok. What next?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  07:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi to all.

I am ready to hear advices or suggestions from advanced yogis.

It feels that I am ready more but not sure what to do next. Devotion is very high and it makes me sit regularly, twice a day as advised by Yogani. Progress is happening slowly but surely. I feel vague conductivity, faint ecstasy, sweet taste of silence from time to time. Still in seconds, slowly acclimatising to it all. No doubt that this system works.

Now, I understand that I am under sensitive. Quite few of you would blast off by my regular sitting. For me it is happening slowly. Little bit too slowly. I am so ready to shift the gear but not sure what is the best practice or technique to add. I am tempted to go into AYP forbidden territory of crown but not knowing AYP compatible technique.

I am ready for the next level. I am not stuck. I feel very grateful for the current practice. Everything is flowing smoothly. Feeling totally ready for a big leap. Just need to figure out how to do it. Your advices and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you who ever contributes.

My current (twice daily) practice:

Asanas
20 SBP
5 Chin pump
5 Spinal bastrika
20 DM
10 Samyama
3 Yoni mudra kumbakas

All in Siddhasana and Kechari stage 2 behind soft palate.
Sambhavi and Mula bandha first half of sitting. Slowly built up over last 4-5 years. Retreat once a year, doubling practice back to back, morning and evening. Last one was 12 days.

Happy to clarify further if needed.

Thank you.

Om...

Christi

United Kingdom
4364 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  08:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna,

Good to hear you are finding progress with your practices.

If you have the time, Samyama can be increased to 20 minutes. This is done by repeating each sutra twice and then doing 10 minutes at the end with your favorite sutra. See lesson 150 on that. Also, if you have the time, you may want to consider taking on Cosmic Samyama. This can be added to your regular practice between Samyama and rest, or it can be done at a separate time of day such as before bed at night.

The crown chakra is not forbidden territory in AYP. There are several crown chakra practices that can be added when the time is right. To know if the time is right for you, see lesson 199:

Lesson 199 - Managing the Opening of the Crown

If you are feeling the call to go to the crown, then that is one sign that you are ready. But do make sure that you meet the prerequisites in that lesson, and go through the testing phase to make sure you really are ready, before attempting any direct crown practices.

Sounds like things are going well for you.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  08:19:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirguna

Your current practice sounds a lot like the one I had just before ecstatic conductivity kicked in, after which I scaled back practice duration and "turbo chargers" Bastrika, chin pumps, and yoni mudra kumbacka, finding less is indeed more. Sounds as if you are progressing nicely.

You don't mention brahmacharya, are you practicing that? Also you may consider adding amaroli, which I have noticed as a subtle overall stabilizer. Another thing you can try is adding more rounds of the above-mentioned turbo chargers, as well as asana classes in a local studio.
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2017 :  10:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry guys I forgot to mention. I do more than stated above.

I forgot to mention Brahmacharya, and Self enquiry extension after Samyama, as long as my legs can take Siddhasana. Current practice is about 80 min.

Thank you Christi for your recommendations. I will start slowly on Crown practice and see how is that going.

Thank you Dogboy for your suggestions. I increased SBP to 20 min for that reason and brahmacharya is in place.

Looking forward to more advises and suggestions...
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2017 :  02:36:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Nirguna

My first reaction to your post is that you are progressing well. 4 years is a short time, as yoga practice goes. You are doing a lot of house cleaning. The effects of practices build up over months and years, so keeping at it, even without adding new ones, means that you are making progress all the time. And you still have some way to go with kechari, right?

Be cautious with touching the crown. I would read Lesson 199 very carefully, especially the second half of it.

The guru is in you
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  07:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirguna,

You are on fire! Your dedication and perseverance are inspiring. As you have the yoga teachings and the practice, I wonder if you have also a sangha - a spiritual community. You could join a local group of spiritual practitioners, or start your own. You might enjoy participating in an AYP retreat, or an AYP teacher training course, to deepen the practice and meet other people on the same path.

Warmest wishes,
Blanche
Go to Top of Page

Lena01

Armenia
2 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  07:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi everyone ,., i am a new member here . ))
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  7:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Lena01
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2017 :  9:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to Lena01.
Please introduce yourself in a new topic so that everyone can meet and greet you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000