Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Partial Enlightenment
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  10:50:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I recall a few moments of enlightenment where a great truth was revealed to me about my life. Which changed my life forever, years ago.

The best I can describe it, is when you are in this moment where the noise in your head stops and one single piece of truth is revealed to you. You just sit there realizing it and you have no emotional response or thoughts going through you. It was amazing.

Right now I have many times where I am just about to reach that point but I don't quite reach it. So I am stuck somewhere in between. It happens a lot to me when I am sitting and just focusing on one thought and letting everything else go. Most of my thoughts just stop but not all. Mind you this just happens naturally, I am not doing anything. I was just thinking about something and had no idea what to do and my brain just froze and I was partially there reaching for enlightenment.

Anyone else having these moments?
Did anyone else get bits and pieces of enlightenment here and there in their lives?

Oh well back to zoning out.

Edit: I just wanted to add that some thoughts just make this happen. It just activates the whole process. I just zone out and boom I am half way to enlightenment from my experience of what enlightenment is.

Edited by - LordBuzzKill on Jun 26 2017 10:55:51 PM

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  11:32:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. Moments of clarity, as they're sometimes called.

If I contemplate the name LordBuzzKill, it actually induces a moment of clarity for me. Seriously, I really like that name. It's my kind of humor. I could analyze it and explain why, but you obviously understand the brilliance of it, since it's your forum name.

I think Deep Meditation is a way of amplifying the clarity so that these isolated moments become more of a continuous presence occurring (or non-occurring ) in the holographic mind. I'm a big fan of the phrase being in the zone, because it is often applied to athletes who operate in an optimal state of performance. When we're in the zone, the line between being and doing becomes incredibly permeable, maybe even nonexistent. In AYP, it's called stillness in action. That works for me too.

When I'm massaging people, it's mostly silent in my mind. It's like the therapeutic task captures my full attention and I can get lost in the flow and feeling of the process. In those sessions, the "great truth" is just being absorbed in the stream of movement, rather than some revelation of knowledge, per se. But I also appreciate when those moments of revelation come along, and when the knowledge comes shining through...those nice eureka moments...not always dramatic, sometimes quiet and subtle.

Back to zoning in.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  02:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes. I live more and more in these moments of clarity.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  10:06:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, this is good to hear and the best part it's all done with automatic yoga. I don't do a thing, it just happens.

Even the ringing in my ears stops which I get a lot. Which is how I know I am moving towards these moments of clarity, which is then sometimes followed by lack of thoughts and boom. Clarity. The steps I noticed I got through.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000