AYPsite.org Forum
 Yoga and Relationships
 Gratitude
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2017 :  11:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Every so often God blesses us with a miracle so I shall not hesitate to share...

About 7 years ago I grew apart from my best friend of 20 years. It was an unhealthy/codependent dynamic for both of us and it was all for the best that we took space to grow and mature more. I was emotionally and spiritually immature (perhaps I still am, who knows!) and I used her to plug in my umbilical cord into! After growing apart though every time we'd run into each other it was so painful and such a feeling of unresolution. Its been years since we spoke and as I'm gearing up for a big move across the country in Aug. there is this hard and fast feeling of urgency for me to tie up loose ends with everyone and anything in this area. So I had the courage to text her and just spoke from my heart and told her that even though much time had passed that I loved her and that I wanted to tell her that to her face. (As synchronicity would have it, its crazy that she emailed me to get resolution as well 15 min. before I sent her my text!!) So we got together tonight and spoke for 3 hours like no time had passed and I've never felt such love and resolution like tonight in all my life! I saw all my growth and hers and it was like we were just sitting together in the face of this love that we've always had since we were 12 and yet with a transformed dynamic.

It made me reflect on the gratitude I feel for all the rich resources of growth and recovery that I've experienced over the years. I know that these AYP practices have been such a cornerstone of spiritual growth for me. I just feel my heart so open with gratitude I could cry. What a blessing it is to have the love of my childhood best friend again and yet in such a new way. Thank you all for holding the space for me during this huge time of transition of moving. Posting has been really helpful for me right now and I appreciate the outlet during this huge time. It's like an interactive journal- how cool! Thank you for holding the space for me everyone. I'd love to hear your miracles as well as a result of your own spiritual growth?
Chard

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2017 :  1:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As long as you keep writing Chard, I promise to keep reading. good luck along your way!
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2017 :  5:31:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
THANK YOU DOGBOY! I never realized how therapeutic writing has always been for me til recently and I've noticed God speaks to me a lot through my writing. Spoken and written words I've learned are really the language of my heart-I often write poetry for my loved ones for their special events instead of buying them gifts. I often feel like it's this channeling spiritual download experience when I write and I even go back and read pieces I've written and think, "This didn't come from me...I didn't write this."
So I shall continue to seize the inspiration as it comes and continue to write! Thank you for the encouragement! I'm grateful to always feel like I can be 100% me on this forum![
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not sure where to post this but I think humor and gratitude certainly go together... Its so nice to be able to find those silver lining light moments during such challenging times in my life. I had a funny chuckle yesterday as I looked in my garden and the only thing growing is CHARD (that my husband planted!!) I've been making all sorts of vegetable chard concoctions lately as a result! So I ran with it and decided to post a video blog about the benefits of chard. I couldn't help laughing throughout it, as I'm saying "Chard is growing!" It's totally true!! What a season of growth it is for Chard!! LOL!! Isn't it great when we can laugh at ourselves!!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2192 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2017 :  11:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I once hung from a tree branch to get a good stretch, swaying gently to and fro and taking it all in when a church bell downtown began to report, and I laughed when I realized the universe was making fun of me.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  01:51:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm grateful to have arrived in our new home and getting settled... To be living in a place that resonates with who I am...to watch my children enjoy themselves outdoors, biking and playing at the beach coming home sandy and tired...to have friendly neighbors with children ...to realize I'm the only one driving like a bat out of hell from the northeast and to know I have a lot to learn about friendly street etiquette! Today, I'm present to the value of quality of life (both inner and outer) in general.
I'm grateful to have hit a recovery meeting here already and to be settling back into my regular meditation routine and to know that all is well for today and tomorrow will take care of itself...
Much love to all, C
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2017 :  04:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
all is well for today and tomorrow will take care of itself...

Love Strength and Unity in your new home Chard.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000