AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Margo Anand's work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2017 :  10:17:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All, I'm tickled to be back posting again! I'm so used to not having conversations about these topics in my everyday life- Especially the area where I live, there's just not the audience to hold these conversations.
So I love Margo Anand's book The Art of Sexual Ecstacy. What I like about her work specifically is the creation of a sacred space for tantra. Rather than merely tantric sex, I think creating a sacred space ritual together makes all the difference in the quallty of the intimacy. I often use sacred space exercises with my own children in helping them to voice their desires, fears and boundaries.
The tantra workshops I've participated in have been such a gift to me in my feeling liberated and comfortable in my body and out in the world, as well as a new level of intimacy with others in general. I feel like I've done some of my greatest inner healing work in the respecful space of tantra workshops. Its a shame that tantra is still so misunderstood in society as it is such a doorway to healing and liberation.
Any thoughts?
Chard

katyandleo

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  07:02:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Chard,
We've been following the same book for about 6 months now and it's been great for us to have something to help us on our journey.
Creating the sacred space each time we embark on a little piece of our journey makes it special and allows us to forget any troubles we have at the time and be just in the moment.
We would be interested to know others feelings on the book and how the teachings compare with some on here.
Katy and Leo x
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2017 :  8:20:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have not read that one, but the book I've referenced over the past thirty years is "Sexual Secrets, the Alchemy of Ecstasy" by Nik Douglas and illustrated by Peggy Slinger. Even before I was into yoga, this book educated me about arousal, saving seed, and the dance of union. Now with meditation, ecstatic conductivity and the ritual of tantra and asana in the everyday, comes the knowing that this is a portal to the Divine, and all it takes to dip into it is loving intention.

I can testify that maturity of body, mind, and spirit via yoga has led me to liberation in this physical body and confidence with how I best connect to others.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2017 :  12:26:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
beautiful feedback Kayandieo and Dogboy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000