Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Meditation timers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

light door

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  11:24:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am new to the practice, barely started a couple months back. I read some references to meditation timers that you could setup up for various different parts like SBP, DM etc but unable to find it now. Would folks please suggest Apps for iPhone (preferable free ones) that they like to use.

Thanks.

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  12:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Insight timer is a nice one, I use it myself (the free app) also there is a AYP group of likewise souls.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  2:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a recent thread on this very topic: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ation,timers
Go to Top of Page

light door

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  2:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Charliedog and Dogboy, I really tried looking for the earlier thread since thats where I had first read about it but couldn't find. Wish there is search functionality in the forum. I was using the Zazen timer on android but the device died and for the life of me I could not remember what the name was.

Looking forward to trying the Insight timer.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2195 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  6:47:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a search function (which is how I found it)! Check the links atop of this site, above the log in.
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2017 :  10:56:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I use the Insight Timer when I practice with a group, so we stay together. When I am by myself, there is no need for a timer, as the inner clock seems to keep track of the length of the practice.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Jun 29 2017 :  2:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Light Door, I'm just seeing this thread...I've been using the Enso Clock Pearl Timer for the past maybe 8 yrs. I love it because you can pre-set your meditation time and choose what kind of chime or gong you want. Maybe I'm old school but I'm not a fan of meditating with my phone near me so I don't use any of the timer apps. I like to just be technology free on my cushion I guess. I think the enso timer though is hard to find though...best of luck to you!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000