AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Influencing Reality and the External World
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

swordsaint

29 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  05:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,
I have started to realize that the times when I am consistent in my practices of DM my experiences of the day is radically different. Also if I'm eating right, sleeping right, doing my DM and setting positive intentions for the day my days go by very well. When I'm out of balance, when I wake up after a bad sleep, and grudgingly go to work or when I'm just feeling crappy; the day seems to attract bad circumstances. Do any of you have any similar experiences? If so, what is the relationship between ourselves and the actually hard physical world out there. Is this covered by Samyama practice ? (as I havent done samyama). Can samyama, DM and positive thinking actually impact and change our external world? Ie. Can we manipulate the outer world by our inner practices to attract good things?. Is the law of attraction tied into yoga practices in anyway? and if so what is the linkage.

Thank you all so much for your kind support and assistance. This really is an important question for me and I would sincerely appreciate your guidance/help.

Yours sincerely,
Swordsaint

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  07:29:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swordsaint,

Positive thinking and positive affimations can for sure help. Often this is the start of our spiritual practice. We notice that we can practice positive feelings.
Starting a yoga practice will change us, if we develop a daily routine, like for instance AYP we are more balanced in our daily life. Noticing this will bring us the confirmation that it really works. We can notice that we judge less, liking and disliking will be less. The realization of this all is a good sign, at the same time it can be confronting to notice that we are judging/liking/disliking etc. we become a witness of our behavior, every step is noticed.
We become step by step more neutral to our circumstances, develop inner peace, joy, bliss, strength.

If we find more inner peace and joy, our relations will notice and respond to this, without knowing we bring peace and calmness around us. This of-course has his influence on our circumstances.
The inner strength we develop will take care that we will live more healthy, eat healthy for instance and this is taking care for a better health, better sleep etc. So yes all is related, this is also called karma, cause and effect. We learn to know ourselves, and at the same time everyone around us.

quote:
Can samyama, DM and positive thinking actually impact and change our external world? Ie. Can we manipulate the outer world by our inner practices to attract good things?. Is the law of attraction tied into yoga practices in anyway? and if so what is the linkage.

Samyama is a beautiful practice, my own experience in this, I noticed that I missed something in my yoga practice. I practiced daily meditation, asana and pranayama for many years already.
Finding AYP let me explore DM and Samyama and it took me much deeper, this I was missing.

The outer world is a reflection of our inner world, as our inner world changes, so does the outer. What we send out will we attract. Not that the world is only peaceful but we are not a playball of our circumstances anymore. In the world but not of the world.

The law of attraction is easy to check, go outside, happy, the world smiles back

Go outside angry and notice the difference

Edit: for the practice of samyama we need inner silence, we will develop inner silence with a daily yoga practice.

Samyama
http://www.aypsite.org/150.html

Edited by - Charliedog on Apr 01 2017 08:07:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  10:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What Charliedog said.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2017 :  8:37:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Swordsaint,

Good advice from Charliedog. You have noticed the relationship between healthy habits and the quality of life.

Residing in our true nature, we become responsible for ourselves. With the rise of Clarity, Joy and Peace, the most difficult situation is seen in a different light.

Samayama is the practice of letting go. When we do our best and let go, miracles start happening. Highly recommend the practice.

Matter is Spirit and Spirit is matter. Everything and everyone is interconnected. Find out who you truly are and see magic happen

Edited by - sunyata on Apr 01 2017 8:43:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000